Old Ian sounds like a barrel of laughs, doesn't he? Newspaper in "having features in it that might not be aimed at me" shock. As others point out, it's got lots of football in it too and nobody seems to see this as unserious. "Somebody called Caroline Hirons" has just won a major book award and though I'm not in to skincare, she's reasonably interesting to me- I didn't expect a skincare "influencer" to be her age (51).

Still, they need to drop this stuff and replace it with Ian's doubtless genius writing.
So it wasn't the front page, it was Section2, the lifestyle section...

Here's the interview - it seems that within her field she is quite important, and has done good work to support people thrown out of work by Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... k-about-me
In the world of skincare, Hirons is a big deal, with a devoted following, the power (reportedly) to make or break a product – and a low tolerance for marketing hype.
Perhaps this is to the point:
Beauty is so often dismissed as “frivolous”, she says, because it is largely for, and staffed by, women.
Last edited by Malcolm Armsteen on Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:03 pm I didn't expect a skincare "influencer" to be her age (51).
I appreciate that this might be off-topic but I don't need a child telling me how to stave off the crows' feet and the liver spots. I want someone who has been there and done it. 51 is about right.

(Drink water, never fight a hangover, get some sleep, and try to lay off the saturated fats.)
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:14 pm So it wasn't the front page, it was Section2, the lifestyle section...

Here's the interview - it seems that within her field she is quite important, and has done good work to support people thrown out of work by Covid.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyl ... k-about-me
In the world of skincare, Hirons is a big deal, with a devoted following, the power (reportedly) to make or break a product – and a low tolerance for marketing hype.
Perhaps this is to the point:
Beauty is so often dismissed as “frivolous”, she says, because it is largely for, and staffed by, women.
Yep. If I did Twitter I might flag that up to him.

There was a "teazer" pic on the main front page, in fairness. But only in the top corner- bigger picture of a footballer on there too.
Unveiling the 10 Most Dangerous Areas in England

Written by Sam Hindman
Published: August 3, 2023

https://a-z-animals.com/blog/unveiling- ... n-england/
This 'journalist' has taken police data on violent crime and drawn up a list of "dangerous areas", apparently with only minimal understanding of the areas she's writing about and the meaning of the data she's used. Of course areas are going to seem dangerous if you're going on the number of violent crimes reported without reference to the number of people who live in the reporting areas. On the bright side, it appears that no mass shootings were reported in 2022, and no active shooters in schools.I have included a screenshot of the table that is provided at the end of the article.

Journalism of this quality is one of the factors behind Americans cancelling safari holidays in South Africa when violence broke out in Nairobi.

I guessed that she is American. I guessed right.

Samantha Hindman is a freelance writer located in Pittsburgh, PA. When she isn't clicking away at her keyboard, she's either reading a good book or spending quality time with Archie, her best feline friend.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230806-211014.png
Screenshot_20230806-211014.png (120.44 KiB) Viewed 12499 times
Thank heavens I live in the crime free metropolis of Tyne and Wear, wedged between the Northumbria badlands of Northumberland and County Durham - which, it should be noted, has its very own Durham Constabulary fighting the good fight.
mattomac liked this
Rosvanian wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:08 pm Thank heavens I live in the crime free metropolis of Tyne and Wear, wedged between the Northumbria badlands of Northumberland and County Durham - which, it should be noted, has its very own Durham Constabulary fighting the good fight.
Ah but Durham Constabulary won't protect you from men eating curry at work, will they?
Boiler wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 8:02 pm But they'll ensure that non-approved methods of testing your eyesight will be okay.
I know I'm not the brightest but that's the first time I've made the connection between the Labour-controlled force who allowed Starmer to break the law and the obviously neutral one who turned a blind eye when Cummings only did what any good parent would.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]