By Yug
It's something or other o'clock and here is the not-news.

Bong People Get Used to Change. Bong

People are "getting used to" the new default 20mph speed limit in Wales over a month since the rollout, according to a Welsh government minister.

Deputy minister for climate change, Lee Waters, made the comments after the policy faced significant backlash.

But Mr Waters said average speeds were down which showed people were "voting with their feet"....

https://news.sky.com/story/people-getti ... s-12993049
Who ever could have predicted this happening?*

*Well, apart from everyone here, obvsly.
By Yug
This just about sums up are grate cuntry right now

The test firing of a Trident missile from a Royal Navy submarine has failed, for the second time in a row.

The latest test of the UK's nuclear deterrent was from HMS Vanguard and was seen by Defence Secretary Grant Shapps.

The missile's booster rockets failed and it landed in the sea close to the launch site, according to the Sun, which first reported the malfunction.

Mr Shapps said he has "absolute confidence" in Trident's submarines, missiles and nuclear warheads.

This is highly embarrassing for both the UK and the US manufacturer of the Trident missile.

British tests of Trident missiles are rare, not least because of the cost. Each missile is worth around £17m and the last test in 2016 also ended in failure when the missile veered off course. Test-fired missiles are not armed with their nuclear warheads.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68355395.amp
40 years ago Billy Connolly said the best job in the world must be nuclear weapons salesman. The customer is hardly going to ask to set one off in the car park to see if it works.

Life showing the truth of comedy.
By MisterMuncher
This might just be me but I take exception to how that BBC article phrases the finances of this. The missile *costs* around £17 Million. It's *worth" fuck all because it doesn't work.
By davidjay
MisterMuncher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:07 pm This might just be me but I take exception to how that BBC article phrases the finances of this. The missile *costs* around £17 Million. It's *worth" fuck all because it doesn't work.
I am glad that they pointed out the test missiles had no warheads, though. I'd have been worried otherwise.
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:50 pm
MisterMuncher wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 9:07 pm This might just be me but I take exception to how that BBC article phrases the finances of this. The missile *costs* around £17 Million. It's *worth" fuck all because it doesn't work.
I am glad that they pointed out the test missiles had no warheads, though. I'd have been worried otherwise.
Reports emerging that ignition failed because of damp.
Is Shapps storing them in Sebastian Fox's buy-to-lets?

Damp, on a submarine, whoo'd-a-thought.

By Yug
I like this news

Andrew Tate will be extradited to the UK to face allegations of sexual aggression after his Romanian trial proceedings have concluded, a court has ruled.

Bedfordshire Police said the force has obtained a European arrest warrant and is working with authorities in Romania.

Controversial influencer Tate, 37, and his brother Tristan, 35, were detained on Tuesday after the UK authorities issued a warrant for charges dating from 2012 to 2015.

Appearing at Bucharest Court of Appeal, a judge approved their extradition for when their trial for separate offences of rape and human trafficking ends. They have both been released from police custody following the hearing.

It comes after lawyers representing four women who accuse Tate of rape and sexual assault wrote to UK police to request his detention over fears he would flee Romania...

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/c ... 11391.html
Let's hope the cunt ends up where he belongs.
By satnav
On GMB this morning they had Quentin Letts and Jacqui Smith reviewing the papers. When the topic moved on to Rwanda, Letts tried to make out that there was an Establishment plot to thwart the Rwanda policy Ed Balls who was co-presenting the show quite rightly took hi to task. Letts then started babbling about how it was awkward debating with Ed because he was married to the shadow Home Secretary. Balls quite rightly pointed out that married couples could hold different views on a particular subject at which point Letts then started referring to Ed Balls as Mr.Copper. Fortunately Balls slapped down again and Letts finished up admitting that the policy was rubbish but that it was a good stick with which to beat Labour.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]