:poo: 100 %
By Andy McDandy
He thinks debate means people gruffly agreeing with him.

I'd say that he may have a point though, in that whenever the subject is raised in the media, the assumption is that it's bad, and how best to reduce it. I'd love to see the pro-immigration camp get equal exposure.
davidjay liked this
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:32 pm He thinks debate means people gruffly agreeing with him.

I'd say that he may have a point though, in that whenever the subject is raised in the media, the assumption is that it's bad, and how best to reduce it. I'd love to see the pro-immigration camp get equal exposure.
James O’Brien in schadenfreude mode has tried to open a discussion as to why immigration from Muslim countries and Africa has boomed this decade. Strangely those who obsess about this subject don’t want to talk about it.
Oboogie, Tubby Isaacs liked this
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:32 pm He thinks debate means people gruffly agreeing with him.

We've been saying this since well before 2007. "Have a debate" = "There's too many of them here". I can't remember anyone ever having a proper pros and cons debate.
Last edited by davidjay on Mon Mar 04, 2024 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Tubby Isaacs
Do Kris Guru-Murphy and Cathy Newman really bang on about diversity all the time? I've missed it if they do.

It's an election results show. It's got 3 people who've presented politics for years on other channels, plus 2 podcasters (one ex-Labour advisor, one ex-Tory MP) plus Claire Balding. That's not exactly a lefty GB News, is it? Why does it need Andrew Neil or Matthew Goodwin on as well?

By Tubby Isaacs
I've always watched BBC on election night, and I don't recall them having what Syed seems to want. They have a presenting team who interview different people through the night. If it's OK for Kuensberg, Neil, David Dimbleby etc to present, then I've no idea why it isn't OK for Guru-Murphy, Maitlis and Newman to present.
By Oboogie
I'm not convinced that the political affiliations of the presenters of election night coverage matter. The polls are closed so they can have no influence. Apart from reading out the results and listening to the spin from the candidates about why it went so well/badly for them, the job amounts to filling the time in an engagingly enough to keep me from dozing off between results. I usually flick back and forth between BBC and Channel 4 depending who the guests in the studio are.
Is this a first for Clare Balding? I don't remember her being involved in political shows before (I know her best from her Ramblings programme on Radio 4).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]