By Tubby Isaacs
Heavyweight football analysis from the paper who think Wrexham have been playing in the "Welsh football league".

Highly successful people (from outside the EU, to boot) invest a lot of their own money, and achieve great results. What's for the Spectator not to like? Oh, they made a successful TV series about it. And Ryan Reynolds's glamorous wife hasn't moved to Wrexham, or something.

I mean, yeah, you never know if rich people will get bored with something, or really fuck it up. But you know, teams do survive after television series have finished.

By Rosvanian
Yep, it's all incredibly uncomfortable. We're on much safer group with the petro state gazilionaires and their 'traditional values' buying into the working class culture of Manchester and Newcastle. I've had a couple of light ales so my tongue (and fingers) feel a bit loose. So...the Spectator is written by a bunch of despicable cunts who have fuck all to do with working class people and which is read by a bunch of despicable cunts who also have fuck all to do with working class people.
kreuzberger, Tubby Isaacs, Watchman and 3 others liked this
By MisterMuncher
I wonder how they square the ever present "you can't say anything these days" with the fact that McElhenny* made his considerable fortune writing and starring in a show like "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia". It must be useful to have such selective cultural blindness when vision would expose your worldview for being complete bollocks.

*Reynolds has arguably reached his current status with Deadpool, which is probably as subversive as you can get in the Marvel mileu, whilst we're about it.
By Bones McCoy
mattomac wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 12:16 am Basically why is Milleinial Millie not moaning about Immigrants and Gays for her life instead of what since University has the Conservative Party done in its past 13 years for her.
Let me guess: She drives a mid range SUV with "Live, laugh, love" stickers and profiles the other school run mums based on their cars and clothes.
By The Weeping Angel
Zoomer Xander sounds like a right laugh

https://thecritic.co.uk/meet-the-new-swing-voters/
Zoomer Xander. Xander wouldn’t vote if you drove him to the polling station, dragged him into the voting booth by his curls and marked his ballot on his behalf. Still, Keir Starmer could still lose the election for himself by claiming that he’s “finna hit Net Zero by 2030 no cap”.
By Philip Marlow
As a general thing, I've always been...not amazed as such, but interested...by the number of avowedly liberal politicians and journalists who will merrily trip along to the Spectator's summer garden party and would think you mad were you to suggest that if their alleged principals mean anything to them they should probably skip it.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Youngian
As a general thing, I've always been...not amazed as such, but interested...by the number of avowedly liberal politicians and journalists who will merrily trip along to the Spectator's summer garden party

If there’s free booze and a buffet spread laid on, journalists will attend. A colleague of mine was so advanced in the art of ligging he’d buy a nominal amount of shares in breweries as there’s a free bar at their AGMs.
By Tubby Isaacs
Hadn't seen this hilarious bit of Steven Barrett from before. It's like he thinks an EU Commissioner came into work one day saying "You gotta read what this Steven Barrett guy has said! We should have thought of that!" Which is about as likely as a load of productivity researchers arriving at work tmrw and saying "Have you read Danny Kruger's speech? We've been getting it all wrong for years!"

The EU seems to have survived that particular crisis anyway,

By Tubby Isaacs
Constitutional law expert, Steven Barrett, is one of about 2 people still bothering with the Sue Gray stuff. The Government is so confident in the latest that rather than Oliver Dowden say it, it's outsourced it to an anonymous source talking to The Sun.

As someone BTL points out, advisors don't lobby, they advise. And the explanation why this was a Labour plot is absolute bollocks anyway (the law wasn't about women in prison in Scotland anyway).

By Andy McDandy
Now, who's available and has form for these slightly snarky passive-aggressive rhetorical questions, as demonstrated by a 2 page letter screenshotted on his own thread, and is pally with the Murdoch media?

Clue: his surname rhymes with mauve and he's a cunt.
By Philip Marlow
Youngian wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 4:50 pm
As a general thing, I've always been...not amazed as such, but interested...by the number of avowedly liberal politicians and journalists who will merrily trip along to the Spectator's summer garden party

If there’s free booze and a buffet spread laid on, journalists will attend. A colleague of mine was so advanced in the art of ligging he’d buy a nominal amount of shares in breweries as there’s a free bar at their AGMs.
I am generally the last person to cast aspersions on anyone seeking to maneuver themselves into the vicinity of gratis alcohol and nibbles, especially in these straightened times, but the kind of people I have in mind can well afford to cover their own damn bar tabs.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]