:laughing: 100 %
By Watchman
Rosvanian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:21 pm It's a tough call for the Mail as Brand is in receipt a Mail lifetime of hate sentence but most of the cuntosphere seem to be that he's innocent.
But only in the context that it gives them an excuse for BBC bashing
Oboogie liked this
By Rosvanian
Watchman wrote:
Rosvanian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:21 pm It's a tough call for the Mail as Brand is in receipt a Mail lifetime of hate sentence but most of the cuntosphere seem to be that he's innocent.
I never imagined that one day I would agree that it's finally time to put the BBC out of its misery.
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:39 am
His reinvention as a political commentator/controversialist is equally baffling to me.
The obvious explanation does sound conspiratorial but even one of his accusers Alice mentioned it on a Woman’s Hour interview this morning.
it’s laughable that he would even imply that this is some kind of mainstream media conspiracy. He’s not outside the mainstream – he did a Universal Pictures movie last year, he did Minions, a children’s movie.

He is very much part of the mainstream media, he just happens to have a YouTube channel where he talks about conspiracy theories to an audience that laps it up.

it may sound cynical, but I do think that he was building himself an audience for years of people that would then have great distrust of any publication that came forward with allegations. He knew it was coming for a long time.
https://www.threads.net/@georgemonbiot/ ... IwNjQ2YQ==
By Oboogie
Watchman wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:23 pm
Getting rid of the BBC is far more important to the Mail than anything Brand's done, if they play their cards right they can take down Channel 4 as well. Trebles all round.
By Youngian
Promoting far right conspiracy theories isn’t something that bothered Jez and Len then? Perhaps they didn’t know and Piers recommended Brand for inclusion.
Russell Brand has been dropped from a book of poetry by Jeremy Corbyn and Len McCluskey, HuffPost UK has learned.
The collection, called Poetry For The Many, is due to be published in November.
According to The Guardian, Brand was among those who had been lined up to contribute to the book.
The Sunday Times and Channel 4′s Dispatches programme reported at the weekend that the comedian and actor has been accused of rape and sexual assault. Brand has strongly denied the allegations. https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ ... NKWciCWpCo
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Rosvanian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:41 pm
Watchman wrote:
I never imagined that one day I would agree that it's finally time to put the BBC out of its misery.
No it isn't.
Oboogie liked this
By Spoonman
Two things...

1. If you start making issues concerning rape & sexual abuse a right/left issue, you're looking to completely fuck around with social norms (not aimed at anyone here).

2. Believing Brand is 100% innocent of committing such offences 10-20 years ago simply on the basis that he shares your views on vaccines & other crackpot shite says a lot about you - don't you dare in future call anyone "sheep".
Andy McDandy, Samanfur, kreuzberger and 5 others liked this
By davidjay
Abernathy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 11:39 am
Youngian wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:46 am Brand incorporated some funny routines in his stand up
I said in the OP that I have never found Brand even remotely funny. His success as a comedian is therefore inexplicable to me. His reinvention as a political commentator/controversialist is equally baffling to me. Remember when he admitted that he had never voted in his life, and advocated abstention from voting as some sort of viable approach to the electoral process?

He was and is a tedious, attention-seeking , vacuous twat. And, it would seem, a nasty, dangerous, abusive one at that.
But is he a comedian? A few genuine stand-ups seem to be having this debate based on the fact that nobody can ever recall him working the circuit.
By Youngian
But is he a comedian? A few genuine stand-ups seem to be having this debate based on the fact that nobody can ever recall him working the circuit.

And like Ricky Gervais, Brand’s used some ‘inspired’ material from the likes of Stewart Lee. Using TV as a springboard instead of putting in the hard miles is a bit of a moot point. No one forces the public to buy tickets for Gervais or Brand’s stand up.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]