:sunglasses: 26.1 % :laughing: 60.9 % :cry: 4.3 % :🤗 8.7 %
By Youngian
Even if the technology is up to powering heavy-duty tractors and combine harvesters, will there be enough electricity to meet demand? And, more to the point, where are they going to be plugged in?

If only there were refueling stations built along roads.
Last edited by Youngian on Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Youngian
The problem with the self-righteous, Left-wing metropolitan Net Zero zealots is that, never mind North Norfolk or North Yorks, they rarely venture beyond the North Circular. They should take a leaf out of my book and try to get out more. Then they might learn how the other half live. Listen to the good folk in the Dabbling Duck, Great Massingham, not the virtue-signalling Guardianistas in the Babbling Berk, Islington.

Its the same fantasy as the comrades about stout yeomen discussing politics in the pub. Have a look at the Dabbling Duck you’ll see why it’s popular with poshos from London coming up for the weekend. Complaining about wind turbines spoiling the view. It’s an industrial landscape what makes him think locals in Norfolk oppose them and other environmental innovations if there’s a few quid to be made?
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:08 am
Even if the technology is up to powering heavy-duty tractors and combine harvesters, will there be enough electricity to meet demand? And, more to the point, where are they going to be plugged in?

If only there were refueling stations built along roads.
I've been having this argument with gobshites elsewhere, pointing out the upgrades to the 400kV infrastructure I see as I drove around, that there's no shortage of capacity but it always comes down to range, how long it takes to refuel, and cost.

It is a battle I've all but given up on: so many people feel they have a divine right to drive everywhere whenever and wherever they like and you'll take my ICE car from my cold, dead hands.
By Andy McDandy
In every public car park in Lancaster and Kendal (and in a fair few supermarket car parks too) there are charging points. You'll see them in the smaller towns and villages, and roadside fuel stations across the Bay and Lakes areas too.

OK, England's outdoor playground and all that, loads of posh southerners in their leccy Teslas, but it's basic supply and demand. And for 7 months of the year, the tourists aren't here.
By Youngian
It is a battle I've all but given up on: so many people feel they have a divine right to drive everywhere whenever and wherever they like and you'll take my ICE car from my cold, dead hands.

Ask them to be honest that they don’t give a fuck about the world they’re leaving the grandchildren if it means making adjustments to their current consumerist lifestyle. But I wish they’d stop lying with bogus technological arguments about this and that innovation not being practical.
By MisterMuncher
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:11 am In every public car park in Lancaster and Kendal (and in a fair few supermarket car parks too) there are charging points. You'll see them in the smaller towns and villages, and roadside fuel stations across the Bay and Lakes areas too.

OK, England's outdoor playground and all that, loads of posh southerners in their leccy Teslas, but it's basic supply and demand. And for 7 months of the year, the tourists aren't here.
Five years ago, I drove through a speck on the map in South Tipperary called +gloriously+ Borris-In-Ossorry and saw a new service station being built with twenty electric car charging points. It's not even supply and demand, it's simple anticipation.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... t-him.html

Public sector whinge.

In one bit he cites some doctors apparently lazing around in a resort when on strike (it's not a real strike, he says, unless there's a picket and a brazier and a collecting bucket). Then he admits the photos were taken on non-strike days, and the doctors were at an international conference, and enjoying a bit of free time.

It's all just more proper binmen shit.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... chers.html

Shit about the FA and BBC. "They’re all being paid off by the Arabs" is his amazing fucking conclusion. Cunt.
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:45 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... chers.html

Shit about the FA and BBC. "They’re all being paid off by the Arabs" is his amazing fucking conclusion. Cunt.
Ohhh (Sound of a penny dropping).

I wondering about the gammon's latest social media manoeuvres.
Demanding the The Boy Line-Acre (who you'll recall they had warned off "private opinion" tweets") post something about Israel.

In the Gammon universe, T.B.L. is a wrong-up because he took the piss out of the sainted Boris and "funny" Piers Mogdon.
But he's definately a wrong-up for taking all that money from Qatar (tr. Presenting a World Cup programme).
Therefore a Muslamic cuck.
By Andy McDandy
Either he wants the FA to acknowledge every worthy cause, or none.

Nah, he wants them to acknowledge causes he cares about. And don't think for a minute that he and the Mail are pro-Jewish (or Israel) - they're more anti-Israel's enemies.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... otest.html

Hamas, Palestine and protests. Why aren't the police cracking heads open (and while we're at it, why can't they duff up some blacks and hippies too)?

Oh yes, and he did a TV thing some years ago.

Complexity my arse. He's just wanting anyone he disagrees with beaten shitless. Cunt.
By satnav
Desperate stuff from Little Dick.
The BBC and other Left-wing media outlets pump out Hamas propaganda. The Met refuses to arrest demonstrators calling for ‘jihad’ on the streets of London. Labour MPs side with terrorists.

All this got me thinking how we could ever have won World War II if the Beeb’s editorial guidelines and Scotland Yard’s woke police procedures had been in force back then . . .

London Calling, London Calling. This is the BBC Home Service. Here is the news, read by Lord Haw-Haw.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... w-Haw.html

Another article bashed out using predictive text.
By Andy McDandy
"What if?" columns can work, if they stick to the point. This fails, not just because it's crap, but because he feels compelled to fill it out when he realises the original idea doesn't reach the end of the page. So:

What if the BBC were broadcasting Nazi propaganda as fact during the war? OK, missing the point. At the time, it was "the enemy" in official vocab guidelines. "The Nazi wankers" was preaching to the converted a bit.

What if characters from Dad's Army got caught up in all this pee cee stuff? Now you're stretching it.

What if all the asylum seekers and hippies and trans people were around in the war and getting in the way of the proper binmen and why can't Plod just give them a few slaps?

THAT'S OUR LITTLEJOHN! (Best said in the style of Zero Mostel in The Producers)
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... itain.html

Hooray for plod, he's finally giving the hairies a slap.

Then a plug for his radio station (which reading between the lines isn't doing anything like as well as another, not that it stops him 'great mate's'ing its presenters) and with his eye on topicality, Abigail's fucking Party.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]