:laughing: 100 %
He's only had the plate on the vehicle since 2018, and it's passed its MOT twice without any advisories, so he knew well enough to change the plate for that...
Spoonman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:45 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:23 pmT055ER
Dunno 'bout that, but I do know that the DVA refuse to issue AA55 HOL.
There was a segment in Top Gear (I think) where Hammond was holding up that very plate: it seemed appropriate. Apparently HA06 MAS was banned, can anyone explain why?
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:59 pm
Spoonman wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:45 pm
kreuzberger wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:23 pmT055ER
Dunno 'bout that, but I do know that the DVA refuse to issue AA55 HOL.
There was a segment in Top Gear (I think) where Hammond was holding up that very plate: it seemed appropriate. Apparently HA06 MAS was banned, can anyone explain why?
I seen that TG segment too - supposedly HA06 MAS says "Hamas" and gets blocked on that score.

There's a different way/scheme for number plates in NI compared to GB, going as three letters and 1-4 numbers (all non-four digit numbers plus special four digit numbers e.g. 1111 are held back by the local DVLA to be sold for vanity purposes) and is related to the original number plate system introduced in the UK over a century ago. You can't just have any three letters, the last two is a county identifier (plus Belfast & Derry cities) with the first letter starting at A and once all numbers for a first letter have been allocated they move on to B, then C and so on (they don't use O, Q or Z though). IIRC the highest sum ever paid for an NI number plate was at an auction for BIG 1, while back in the late 90's when cars sold in Co. Fermanagh were shortly to exhaust their JIL allocation, it was announced that no number plates with KIL would be issued and they went straight on to LIL.

OTOH in the Irish Republic their number plate system pretty much leaves no room for vanity plates except in exceptional cases.
Couple's fury as timber yard erects 20ft high metal racking that looks like a 'rollercoaster' at the end of their garden that they say has ruined the countryside view from their new £325,000 home

I did initially feel sorry for these two until I saw the overhead shot.

They have bought a house right in the middle of a timber yard and now they are complaining that all they can see is a timber yard. To quote Basil Fawlty ' What did you expect to see .... the Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically across the plain...
kreuzberger liked this
Just one more sad face story to end the year with.

Couple's fury as council orders them to HALVE the height of their 6ft tall fence that cost them £10,000 to install after 'neighbours' complained they didn't have planning permission

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... mailonline

The crux of the matter seems to be that they have placed a rather big erection at the junction of two roads. But they don't seem to see it that way nor do many of the people commenting on the story who don't accept the need for planning regulations in such situations.

I think the bloke requires a couple of extra points for standing there stoically in the middle of winter in just a 'T'-shirt.
I tried to use medieval laws to get out of a speeding fine… it DIDN'T work

As part of his defence, Mr Thomas sent police prosecutors a 161 page dossier in which he attempted to win damages for the police on charges of malfeasance and terrorism by causing alarm.

In total, Mr Thomas calculated that he was owed £210million for his troubles.
Take the speed awareness course or take six weeks preparing a defence "dossier", get told to jog on and pick up a £1000 fine and six points? Bellend.
Should have also received an on-the-spot fine by the fashion police for being a grown man with that feckin' mullet.

I'm presuming he's a so-called "Freeman of the land" - if he is, it's certainly not unheard of for some of their ilk getting a fine/points endorsement, trying to challenge it and ending up with very much a lot worse in turn, up to getting jailed for contempt of court!
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:54 pm No freemen on the land, sovereign citizen, whatever you call them, case has ever succeeded, anywhere in the Anglosphere.
Because it’s bollocks.

Yet still people try.
Because those people are twats.
satnav wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:27 pm

Couple's fury as council orders them to HALVE the height of their 6ft tall fence that cost them £10,000 to install after 'neighbours' complained they didn't have planning permission

The crux of the matter seems to be that they have placed a rather big erection at the junction of two roads. But they don't seem to see it that way nor do many of the people commenting on the story who don't accept the need for planning regulations in such situations.

I think the bloke requires a couple of extra points for standing there stoically in the middle of winter in just a 'T'-shirt.
The advice to these people is simple; planners and councillors aren’t there to catch you out. Do your homework and ask what they think before you even submit an application. Some councils charge a small premium for the service but well worthwhile to avoid looking a plonker out of pocket in the Mail.
Youngian wrote: Sun Jul 02, 2023 11:00 am well worthwhile to avoid looking a plonker out of pocket in the Mail.
Out of pocket? If they really paid £10K for that fence -that’s about 800 quid a panel - they really must be congenitally stupid.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]