:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By kreuzberger
I would cheerfully play chess against this lot, all lined up with various tables as in the final scenes of the Queen's Gambit.

Thing is, there will be various supply chain actors given an opt-out from their puerile "pingdemic" notifications. And then what?

With no appreciable increase in fresh food and forrin fizzy pop on the shelves, will that just be "teething problems, showing just how deep the problem was"?

Give it another week or shortages, and then what? "Teddy did it"?

The stark reality is that you can't run an ecosystem as complex and interdependent as a Swiss watch movement with only two-thirds of the cogs and springs. Surely, that must be evident to any mid-level functioning adult.

Yeah, Teddy did it.
By MisterMuncher
You know what would stop the "pingdemic"?

When the local shop or pub closes up because they've got insufficient staff due to isolation, examine your behaviour instead of just decamping half a mile up the road and repeating the process. The system would work then.

Right now, it's akin to brushing your teeth whilst eating chocolate.

There's also a broader point that retail and hospitality have suffered massive staff shortages because during lockdown a lot of folks found alternative employment that didn't involve the shit hours, shit pay and shitty fucking general public and are never coming back.
Dalem Lake, Bones McCoy, Andy McDandy and 4 others liked this
By Boiler
MisterMuncher wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:25 pm You know what would stop the "pingdemic"?

When the local shop or pub closes up because they've got insufficient staff due to isolation, examine your behaviour instead of just decamping half a mile up the road and repeating the process. The system would work then.

Right now, it's akin to brushing your teeth whilst eating chocolate.

There's also a broader point that retail and hospitality have suffered massive staff shortages because during lockdown a lot of folks found alternative employment that didn't involve the shit hours, shit pay and shitty fucking general public and are never coming back.
There was in interview on "PM" last night with the owner of Reed, the temporary employment agency who said as much himself.
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 am Selfish bastards who haven't thought for one moment about the poor inner city landlords, erm, I mean sandwich shop workers, according to the Mail.
I need to keep up. Weren’t sandwich shops encouraging unnecessary immigrants here to service to the indulgent metropolitan elite?
Andy McDandy liked this
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:11 pm
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 am Selfish bastards who haven't thought for one moment about the poor inner city landlords, erm, I mean sandwich shop workers, according to the Mail.
I need to keep up. Weren’t sandwich shops encouraging unnecessary immigrants here to service to the indulgent metropolitan elite?
Aww Mate, you've bought into the Guardianista liberal conspiracy.
Replace the white race, starting with branches of Subway.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]