:sunglasses: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Yug
Swivel-eyed bollocks alert

The slow death of driving: How 20mph zones are part of a far bigger plot to ban cars from UK towns and cities and restrict private ownership of vehicles

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ities.html
What a handful of low speed/low traffic campaigners have said they would like to see is now actual government policy, apparently.
By MisterMuncher
Around here, they've put up a few "20" zones around schools. These are part time limits (a flashing beacon indicates that they're "on"), and usually around non-urban schools where the general flow of traffic is pretty quick.

I think I've encountered the actual limit in operation less times than I've heard some cunt telling me or someone else that they're only advisory, and you can just tear on.
By Boiler
Yug wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:13 pm Swivel-eyed bollocks alert

The slow death of driving: How 20mph zones are part of a far bigger plot to ban cars from UK towns and cities and restrict private ownership of vehicles

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ities.html
What a handful of low speed/low traffic campaigners have said they would like to see is now actual government policy, apparently.
See also: fifteen minute cities. I'm surprised that didn't end up on the posters of the demonstrators in Wales.

As time passes without a car (five months now), yes it does impose restrictions on my life being a country dweller, but I am getting used to it and enjoying it. As I type, I'm seated in the Brewery Tap in Peterborough: I have enjoyed a nice Thai meal, a couple of pints that have travelled all of a few feet from the mash tuns and in a few minutes, I will toddle off to the bus home :)
By Andy McDandy
There's a school on our road, and a 20mph limit.

Good thing too, as it's a bus route, and a short cut for people getting out to the motorway. It has cars parked down both sides, making it effectively a one way street. If anything crashes, it's going straight through someone's front wall. The road follows the path that was laid down when some peasant led his ox down to the river.
By Malcolm Armsteen
This is West Street, Carshalton, a typ[ical early 20mph zone.
West Street.jpeg
West Street.jpeg (354.12 KiB) Viewed 5519 times
On the left, a primary school, and the entrance to an alley much used by children. On the right a pub (a good one) and the concealed entrance to the railway station. Another concealed entrance to a small estate of houses. Further along a roundabout and another primary school. As you can see it is a narrow road, and wankers park on it. I drive down it regularly, and at busy times (and it does get busy) 20mph is pushing it...

Also - swans.
kreuzberger liked this
By Boiler
There's a road out from here with many warning signs about swans due to the proximity of a river. You'll sometimes find them preening by - or even on - the road, and sometimes with fluffy little cygnets :)

My sister and brother-in-law often frequent a pub in Carshalton - wonder if that's it? I think it's a much older one though.
By Watchman
And in the on-line version; whilst they rightly cover the Israeli/Hamas situation, there is also endless Coleen Rooney and Holly Willoughby bollox
By soulboy
A quick front page round up.

The Times - BRAVERMAN'S FATE IN BALANCE
The Sun - Ignores the Suella story
The Mirror - THEY FOUGHT AND DIED FOR OUR FREEDOM... FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND THOUGHT... AND PROTEST. TO SUELLA BRAVERMAN... HOW DARE YOU TRY TO TAKE THAT AWAY? TO THE MARCHERS... REMEBER WHO WON YOU THESE FREEDOMS. TO BRITAIN... WE MUST ALL RESIST CYNICAL EFFORTS TO WHIP UP HATRED. RESPECT
The Telegraph - SUNAK FACES CALLS TO SACK BRAVERMAN
The Grauniad - PRESSURE GROWS ON SUNAK TO SACK BRAVERMAN OVER CLASH WITH POLICE
The Express - SUELLA'S FUTURE TEETERS ON THE BRINK
Daily Star - CRUELLA OPENS HER GOB & SAYS SOMETHING DAFT AGAIN!
The i - SACK ME IF YOU DARE: BRAVENMAN DEFIES PM'S AUTHORITY
Metro - 'GIVE SUELLA MARCHING ORDERS'

So what line does the Daily Mail take?

COME FOR SUELLA AND YOU COME FOR ALL OF US

I guess they've picked a side.
By Andy McDandy
In 2020, all three Wales siblings gave Sir David Attenborough a grilling in a video shared by Kensington Palace, asking him tough questions about species facing extinction and other environmental issues.

And fearless Princess Charlotte, who was just five years old at the time, revealed to the environmentalist that she likes spiders - asking him if he shared her love of arachnids.
Just fuck off. They could be sitting in puddles of their own shit and chewing crayons and you'd be writing it up as signs of their fucking brilliance.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]