:sunglasses: 42.9 % :laughing: 57.1 %
By Crabcakes
Rosvanian wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 9:07 pm
I was a little surprised by Hitchens' little rant and, if I'm honest, a little disappointed. He usually avoids race, immigration and refugees as I think he considers himself above such populist nonsense yet this was very much a case of letting the mask slip, showing that in reality, he's no better than Littlejohn and all of the other monsters churning out their hateful bile out there on the right.
I would argue Hitchens has always been worse than Littlejohn and the others, precisely because he’s always thought he’s both better than them *and* everyone else while holding the same values deep down.
By Andy McDandy
Fancy a laugh? Peter Hitchens has identified the enemy, and it is...staircases.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... elled.html

His argument is basically a slightly more verbose version of "stop telling me what to dooooooo!", but I love how he starts off by saying that warning signs represent a "Blairite centralisation of thought" before saying that it was down to Thatcher and Major for encouraging "ambulance chasing lawyers", and having a passive-aggressive ponder whether warning signs in blue and yellow are a display of virtue-signalling solidarity with Ukraine, and not considering it may be because blue and yellow are easy to see.

Seriously, for all his pretences at intelligence, he's mentally and emotionally stalled at thirteen, and telling his mam that he's a big boy now and can walk to school on his own.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... on-do.html

Hitch has a plan to save Britain!

Beat the shit out of prisoners
Force unhappy families to stay together until they like it
Grammar schools
Compulsory learning poetry (by suitable poets, natch) by rote
Bobbies on the beat (and they can put some stick about too, if they like)
Nationalise the railways
Ban the BBC
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:56 pm The comrades like a Peter Hitchens meme but I don’t think they’ll buy that one.
A pundit with high brow pretensions castigates secret commie Starmer for being dull. That’s your best shot, Peter?
Red-Green fanatic Sir Keir Starmer
Harsh words from Peter "The interesting Hitchens brother" Hitchens.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... stion.html

Hitch tackles Liz Truss, and apparently it's all the fault of a dangerous modernistic programme running since 1931.

Elsewhere he blames the BBC and the Dunkirk evacuation for the state of his bookings calendar, sorry, I meant the nation.
By Youngian
Because Labour never discuss Ramsey McDonald and the 30s Depression.
The resulting chaos crippled the Labour Party for a decade and put the country under a coalition government. It always amazes me that this huge and dreadful time of privation and despair, which devastated Wales, Scotland and the North, is hardly ever discussed
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:18 am Because Labour never discuss Ramsey McDonald and the 30s Depression.
The resulting chaos crippled the Labour Party for a decade and put the country under a coalition government. It always amazes me that this huge and dreadful time of privation and despair, which devastated Wales, Scotland and the North, is hardly ever discussed
What about the roundheads Pete; hate filled republicans, or something.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... erers.html

Top wibbling. First, he complains that a murderer is not described as a cannabis addict, because he looks like one and that's good enough for Pete. The fact that there's no evidence the guy is addicted to cannabis doesn't matter. Also, Hitch pooh-poohs the idea of gambling addiction. Nonsense! Addiction only applies to The Drugs. Because he says so.

Then he moves on to a sinister plot to cancel 12. Seriously.

Then he rounds things off with his annual rant about Berlin Time.
By Rosvanian
I haven't bothered to read Hitch's MoS piece however, I'm surprised he's now saying that addiction to drugs is a real thing because he's stated many, many times previously that he does not believe that addition exists. 'Addicts' are merely weak people, unable to resist the lure of temptation thus aligning neatly with his version of Christianity. The irony being, of course, that for a man who demands evidence from anyone proposing alternatives to his (to paraphrase) reasoned and logically sound opinions, his religious belief completely undermines his claim of rationality.
By Malcolm Armsteen
They've been doing that for years.

See also mixed sizes, mixed breeds etc etc

What is going off the market is the free-range egg as Avian Flu restrictions increase (all captive and farmed birds to be kept indoors from tomorrow, adding to already-in-effect restrictions). The increased sale of eggs x10 may be a response to shortages.

(You haven't been able to get fresh duck in France all year...)
By Rosvanian
Today he posted a link to Littlejohn's latest DM column in his Twitter feed - where Littlejohn rants in typical tateful fashion that no party represents the Tory middle class upon which Britain, apparently, relies on. I think I sometimes give this Hitchens fella a bit too much respect.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Court.html

In which Peter struggles with train timetables, the decline of cricket (???), his egg obsession, and the separation of powers between the executive and the judiciary.
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:48 pm https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... Court.html

In which Peter struggles with train timetables, the decline of cricket (???), his egg obsession, and the separation of powers between the executive and the judiciary.
Hitchens' England just won a world cup.
Was that his excuse for "Don't recognise my country" because Ali, Rashid and Jordan (But somehow not Stokes or Curran).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]