:sunglasses: 42.9 % :laughing: 57.1 %
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -evil.html

The speaker of the Canadian Parliament made a boo-boo. Everyone realised the error and apologised, or resigned. Peter thinks that this shows the Ukraine war to be a lot more complex than we might like, and that he is very clever. Twat.
By Andy McDandy
Yes, Lienz cossacks, Goldeneye, all that jazz.

Hitch's insight that Stalin was a bit of a cunt and the war on the Eastern front all manner of shades of grey is meant to come across as a profound bit of wisdom. Actually it reads as "duh, we know". As ever, once a tankie, always a tankie. They just point their conviction in a new direction.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ative.html

Who broke Britain? Was it Cameron, or Brown? No! Not even the guy he insistently calls "the Blair creature" which I guess is him trying to be funny. No, nor was it Major, or the post-2010 Tories.

No, it was Alec Douglas Home, for not beating Wilson in 1964. I mean, fuck the Open University, keeping out of Vietnam, white heat of technology, the swinging sixties and all that, everything went wrong since Wilson came along. Serious tramp on a bench stuff.
By Youngian
You’d have to have been an extremely dull Trot nerd from the depths of the Cold War to have knowledge of Pabloism. Which I believe that’s exactly what Hitchens was in his formative years.
Sir Keir, whose hard-Left political roots are in a revolutionary movement called Pabloism, comes from the same stable as the 1997 Blairites. He will try to manipulate the voters with populist slogans, but his real programme will be miles to the Left, concentrating more and more power in a Left-wing state.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... Hamas.html

Hitchens decides he's right about everything. If only they'd listen to him, we'd have peace in the middle east, win the war on drugs, and Nov be slaves to sinister German time. Yes, it's that one again!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... adist.html

And a bonus! He discusses George Orwell, in perhaps the worst bit of literary analysis ever.
By Youngian
I’m lost, now. I thought the plot by Remoaners to go onto CET was Berlin time. Now BST is Berlin time.
The evenings have been drawing in for weeks. On September 23, sunset in London was at 6.59pm. Tonight it will be at 5.53pm. Next Sunday, after the clocks go back to where they should be, sunset will be at 4.39pm GMT. Why not just leave them there for good? Are we so ill-educated that we cannot see that this violent twice-yearly changing of the clocks has only one effect – it forces everyone to go to work and school an hour earlier than they need to during the period when we are on Berlin (or 'Summer') Time?
It’s a six of one and half of the other as to whether we move to CET but two arguments stand out. ROSPA has long advocated that accidents and deaths will be reduced by lighter evenings and darker mornings. The other is that it will really annoy Peter Hitchens.
By Andy McDandy
Channel 4 are doing a show where slebs are put into a simulated prison environment along with ex-cons and warders roleplaying along. Our Peter is one of them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... hment.html

I'm not normally a fan of these things, but the idea of the Hitch going all Shawshank is tempting.
By Youngian
When PETER HITCHENS spent four days banged-up with ex-cons for a documentary he genuinely feared for his safety and came close to a 'furious, desperate meltdown'. And that was before word got round about his uncompromising views on crime and punishment
Oh dear, Peter gets a some practical experience as to what he wants for you for smoking a spliff. A few weeks in a category C is enough to turn a tough on crime Tory journalist or MP into a do-gooder prison reformer.
By Crabcakes
I would imagine as soon as he’s away and safe, he’ll revert to type and discard any lessons allegedly learned.

Hitch has always struck me as a tremendous coward - all his stances are based around fear (either fear of others, fear of change or fear of weakness), and he’s notorious for peacing out muttering about ad hominem attacks or focusing on some non issue like not being called Mr Hitchens when faced with troubling facts that interrupt his mindset.
Watchman liked this
By davidjay
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 9:50 pm I would imagine as soon as he’s away and safe, he’ll revert to type and discard any lessons allegedly learned.

Hitch has always struck me as a tremendous coward - all his stances are based around fear (either fear of others, fear of change or fear of weakness), and he’s notorious for peacing out muttering about ad hominem attacks or focusing on some non issue like not being called Mr Hitchens when faced with troubling facts that interrupt his mindset.
The entire Mail ethos is built around fear - the over-riding fear that the unspecified and ever-changing They are going to take away everything that You have worked for and hold dear.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:45 am
When PETER HITCHENS spent four days banged-up with ex-cons for a documentary he genuinely feared for his safety and came close to a 'furious, desperate meltdown'. And that was before word got round about his uncompromising views on crime and punishment
Oh dear, Peter gets a some practical experience as to what he wants for you for smoking a spliff. A few weeks in a category C is enough to turn a tough on crime Tory journalist or MP into a do-gooder prison reformer.
It's a "Five star hotel" until one of them experiences it, then it's "Third world hellhole".
By Andy McDandy
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ewash.html

Crank gets called to the Covid enquiry, hands them a massive list of the questions they should be asking, gets ignored. What a hero!

Fictional character in drama is not 100% true to life! Burn the witch!

Ticket offices! Needless to say, Hitch was right.
By Crabcakes
Yug wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:39 am Coming to a charity shop near you.

Dim contrarian sPeKes his BraNeS on a subject he knows bugger-all about.
Looks awfully thick for what will boil down to:

1. bring back the cane
2. harder exams, in harder subjects. harder I say!
3. pigeonhole anyone who doesn't fit a very narrow definition of worthy (that I will supply) as thick, and bin 'em off as early as possible
4. everything - absolutely everything - was better in my day, even though it was more difficult and shittier in every capacity
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-lie.html

Proper binmen meet the four Yorkshiremen as Peter pontificate about the true meaning of Christmas. Bonus points for his bullshit understanding of English history, and sneering about Boudicca being called by her real name.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]