:sunglasses: 100 %
By kreuzberger
'Mere will doubtless have sanctioned this. The question is, why.

The lefties get in and clear up the non-dom -er - "anomaly". The tories find their hand forced to do just that under the general umbrella of sleaze, Sascha is a lame duck and/or either of the foregoing? Or perhaps the focus groups are telling them that more stories of Meghan's beastliness are the order of the day, (sub-optimal breasts after having a couple of kids, for example) .

Either which way, the mail is headed right round the Der Stürmer u-bend with this patsy at the helm. I am not convinced that the readership will buy it in full.
By Malcolm Armsteen
Popbitch wrote:>> Mail sack <<
Chopping and changing

Drama at the Daily Mail has really kicked up a gear since last week. Geordie Greig's decision to go studs up on Tory sleaze just as his nemesis-predecessor Paul Dacre was having some high-level strings pulled to get a second shot at the Ofcom job appears to have backfired. He 'stepped down' yesterday out of the blue to be replaced by Ted Verity.

It's a shame as we were so looking forward to seeing how Geordie would cover the high-profile sex-trafficking case of his old Oxford buddy and occasional media arm-candy, Ghislaine Maxwell – but now he'll be long gone before the big revelations come out.

The suspicious timing of this exit means there's a lot of chatter about Maxwell and what it all might mean, but talk internally is that the change in personnel is related to Lord Rothermere's announcement earlier this month that he was taking the company private again (a move which is likely to result in a lot of job losses, and a ruthless bastard like Ted Verity will be better suited to handling the paper through that process).

The bloodbath already seems to have begun – with whispers suggesting that Simon Walters and Gerard Greaves are also out the door this afternoon – which has caught many by surprise. Up until an hour ago, Greaves was a hot pick for getting the MoS gig, as his son is at Eton with Rothermere's son, so clearly no-one is safe...
Last thing we heard before hitting 'Send'? That Rothermere wanted a "hands-on cunt" in the mould of Dacre.
By MisterMuncher
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:55 pm 'Mere will doubtless have sanctioned this. The question is, why.

The lefties get in and clear up the non-dom -er - "anomaly". The tories find their hand forced to do just that under the general umbrella of sleaze, Sascha is a lame duck and/or either of the foregoing? Or perhaps the focus groups are telling them that more stories of Meghan's beastliness are the order of the day, (sub-optimal breasts after having a couple of kids, for example) .

Either which way, the mail is headed right round the Der Stürmer u-bend with this patsy at the helm. I am not convinced that the readership will buy it in full.

Dead-tree Mail likes an occasional "See, we're not total cunts, look, we helped this brown person/woman, and sometimes we let a queer write stuff" story, because the readership likes that sort of thing. The online is a different beast, with no such need of an occasional morality pet.
By Andy McDandy
Just when I thought I couldn't be any more fazed by the sheer incestuousness of it all, something comes along to amaze me all over again.

Say what you like about Labour and the left, but they didn't all go to the same schools and university.
By Samanfur
Martin Clarke to step down as editor of MailOnline

The editor of MailOnline, one of the UK’s biggest news websites, has announced he is leaving, weeks after appearing to be one of the victors in an internal power struggle at its owner, DMG Media.

Martin Clarke, who had been editor-in-chief at the online arm of the publisher which also owns the Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday, will stand down at the end of February. He had been at MailOnline for 12 years.

In a statement he said that he had told the group’s owner, Lord Rothermere, that he wanted to leave earlier this year “to pursue new challenges”.

“This has been a once-in-a-lifetime ride and there is simply no other job with DMG Media I would rather have,” he said.

A successor is yet to be named.
By Rosvanian
Youngian wrote:Tim’s made a startling discovery. Think what he means is they used to put their journalist hats on when there’s a juicy story even if it was a Tory government.
All joking aside, that's a quite incredible statement for an educated, intelligent person to make. He's just inviting ridicule.
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:56 pm Tim’s made a startling discovery. Think what he means is they used to put their journalist hats on when there’s a juicy story even if it was a Tory government.
All we are seeing here is the cleaving of the Conservative body into the Johnsonites and the Anybody but Johnsonites.
These are the opening shots in a civil war that could engulf the parliamentary party, the local parties, Fleet Street, the internet, and Tufton Street.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]