:laughing: 100 %
By Cyclist
A thread for highlighting the Fail's penchant for attempting to create controversy out of non-stories, and ending up with articles full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Patrick Stewart is slammed for skipping Shakespeare's sonnets that 'aren't politically correct': Actor, 81, is told he should have let people 'make up their own minds' about poems on 'Dark Lady' and 'woman colour'd ill'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... nnets.html
The head of one of Britain's top universities has criticised Sir Patrick Stewart after he refused to read some of Shakespeare's sonnets because of 'political correctness'.

The actor, 81, skipped several poems about the Bard's 'Dark Lady' and one referring to a 'woman colour'd ill' during his recitation of a sonnet a day for online videos during the first Covid lockdown.

Sir Patrick, celebrated for his Shakespearean performances, explained that he disliked the attitudes conveyed in these verses - or struggled to make sense of them.
Patrick Stewart is rather an odd choice of target for the Fail's ire

Professor Sally Mapstone, 64, the principal of St Andrews University in Scotland, praised the actor's decision to read the sonnets, which she found 'very salutary'.

But speaking on a podcast for the Scottish Arts and Humanities Alliance she added: 'I didn't think he was right to skip a couple in a rather politically correct way, frankly.
Criticism! Criticism!

'I think he should have just read them and let people make up their minds but, as he said, it was his choice.'
Oh

Why is the Fail trying to raise outrage over this?

Some of the Shakespeare poems that Sir Patrick skipped are among a group known as the Dark Lady sonnets.

Although the subject of the verses is unknown, and still sparks debate, it has been suggested by some scholars that she may have been a woman of African or southern European heritage.
Ah. Darkies. Just another day in Daily Fail land. :roll:
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ining.html

Mansplaining! It's nothing for women to get bothered about!

See, what the author has done is confuse "mansplaining" with "experts offering expert advice or doing their jobs". I don't know anyone who would ignore someone with genuine expertise at something sharing their knowledge and opinion. What I do know a lot of women get annoyed at is men assuming that they know nothing about something, then offering their advice which is useless as well as unsolicited.

Typical comment:
Sadly, this is yet another way to slag men off, encouraged by the current fashionable culture that seems prevalent at the moment.
Bloody fashionable culture being fashionable!
By Cyclist
Yebbut wimmin is no-nuthins who is thare too look nice an make the tea.

My sister, who wasn't always a teaching assistant, gets the butt of this attitude quite frequently, when my (justly) proud b-i-l first tells people (men) that she's had a paper published in New Scientist magazine, and is officially credited with the co-discovery of a completely new kind of polymer.

Butbutbut she's a WOMAN!!!11!eleven!!!1

:roll:
By Cyclist
What do professional women know about anything?

There are a lot of cavemen in this world who really need clubbing over the head and dragging at least as far as the late Twentieth Century (their pore litel branes would probably melt if we dropped them straight into the Twenty-First).
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Cyclist
More lies and distortions to whip up FURY about a total non-story

MailOnline and its readers have had a collective meltdown after footage shot by a car passenger showed a cyclist riding on the main carriageway of a road in Bournemouth, as he is entitled to do by law, next to a cycleway that is still under construction.

The newspaper also originally claimed – wrongly – that the facility, on the A347 Whitelegg Way, is a “£150m cycle lane scheme” when in fact it is just one aspect of a £102 million initiative aimed at encouraging sustainable travel, including by public transport.

https://road.cc/content/news/mailonline ... 289293?amp
Luckily, I didn't see this story or I'd have had a fit of apoplexy over their shite reporting and constant outpourings of hate against people who ride bicycles.
By Andy McDandy
It's not so much cyclists per se, as cyclists who look like they're enjoying it.

The idea that happiness exists outside the Mailite corridor of respectability is something that drives them to apoplexy.
By MisterMuncher
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:56 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/arti ... ining.html

Mansplaining! It's nothing for women to get bothered about!

See, what the author has done is confuse "mansplaining" with "experts offering expert advice or doing their jobs". I don't know anyone who would ignore someone with genuine expertise at something sharing their knowledge and opinion. What I do know a lot of women get annoyed at is men assuming that they know nothing about something, then offering their advice which is useless as well as unsolicited.

Typical comment:
Sadly, this is yet another way to slag men off, encouraged by the current fashionable culture that seems prevalent at the moment.
Bloody fashionable culture being fashionable!
Isn't it defined as "interrupting female expertise with male confidence?"
By Cyclist
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:23 pm It's not so much cyclists per se, as cyclists who look like they're enjoying it.

The idea that happiness exists outside the Mailite corridor of respectability is something that drives them to apoplexy.
Actually, no. It's any person on a bike, anywhere,any time, in any situation. The Fail has never passed up an opportunity to pile on the hate where cyclists are concerned, even if they have to resort to distortions and outright lies to do so. You'd think we were all black Muslim asylum seekers or something, the way they carry on.
Oboogie liked this
By Nigredo
Cyclist wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 10:17 am
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:23 pm It's not so much cyclists per se, as cyclists who look like they're enjoying it.

Actually, no. It's any person on a bike, anywhere,any time, in any situation. The Fail has never passed up an opportunity to pile on the hate where cyclists are concerned, even if they have to resort to distortions and outright lies to do so. You'd think we were all black Muslim asylum seekers or something, the way they carry on.
Why don't they pay their fahkin' road tax eh?!
By satnav
RNLI celebrates first all-female rescue crew - at station where there were no women volunteers just 10 years ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-comments

On the face of it this looks like a very positive story but you can guess what way the comments have gone on this story.

1. I don't donate to them any more because they offer a taxi service to migrants.
2. Why do we have to have positive discrimination?
3. Everybody wishing to join the RNLI should be forced to take a strength test.
By RandomElement
satnav wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 8:13 pm RNLI celebrates first all-female rescue crew - at station where there were no women volunteers just 10 years ago

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... r-comments

On the face of it this looks like a very positive story but you can guess what way the comments have gone on this story.

1. I don't donate to them any more because they offer a taxi service to migrants.
2. Why do we have to have positive discrimination?
3. Everybody wishing to join the RNLI should be forced to take a strength test.
I assume very few of those keyboard warriors would actually volunteer for anything, and none would volunteer to save the lives of people that they don't know even know, in the worst of weather, in the dark, at sea; even if they could leave the people in the migrant boats to drown.

So they can fuck right off and then fuck off some more.
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 4:37 pm
MisterMuncher wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 1:04 am The law abiding citizens with 9 points on their licence.
Road laws aren't proper laws and the police should be out catching real criminals.
And they can't prosecute you unless they know your secret Legal Name.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/ ... -away.html

I'm a bit cautious about posting this, as I don't want people to think I'm encouraging the mocking of the recently bereaved. Instead, I'm taking aim at the Mail for running accounts - from columnists and readers - of encounters with ghosts. Typically occurring when the person is alone, in bad light, and has just woken up. It's the usual routine - they're very happy in the afterlife and are happy with how their relative is doing here on Earth, with heaven coming across as a nice stroll in the park. Point is, it's not harmless fun. It encourages ghouls and parasitic "mediums" and bullshitting "clairvoyants" out to make cash out of the vulnerable and exposed.
Abernathy, Oboogie liked this
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:52 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/ ... -away.html

I'm a bit cautious about posting this, as I don't want people to think I'm encouraging the mocking of the recently bereaved. Instead, I'm taking aim at the Mail for running accounts - from columnists and readers - of encounters with ghosts. Typically occurring when the person is alone, in bad light, and has just woken up. It's the usual routine - they're very happy in the afterlife and are happy with how their relative is doing here on Earth, with heaven coming across as a nice stroll in the park. Point is, it's not harmless fun. It encourages ghouls and parasitic "mediums" and bullshitting "clairvoyants" out to make cash out of the vulnerable and exposed.
They're laying the ground for the inevitable headline:

Diana's Ghost urges Britons to vote Conservative
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals ... ith_images

A bit of light relief now. What could have been a genuinely interesting insight into the planning of a major public event turns into a load of Ruritanian bollocks in which elite soldiers on secret missions are urgently recalled for the most crucial and perilous assignment of their lives: walking slowly in thigh-high boots.

Totally normal fucking country.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]