By Youngian
This might have to be filed under Streisand Effect. MoS isn’t winning me over with their description of the real Boris; a selfless public servant who puts others first.
That night – April 2, 2020 – doctors were on standby at St Thomas’ Hospital in London, ready to admit him at short notice.

Instead he soldiered on, resistant to the idea of hospitalisation, fearing it might suggest preferential treatment. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... death.html
Attachments
IMG_4268.jpeg
IMG_4268.jpeg (256.51 KiB) Viewed 5991 times
By Boiler
As I have said before, from personal experience - you don't get discharged straight from ICU. You have to be desperately ill to merit an ICU bed (which he wasn't - where was the CPAP or intubation?) and assuming your trip to ICU doesn't subsequently lead to the mortuary, you'd be put back on a ward for precautionary monitoring.
By Watchman
Youngian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:24 am This might have to be filed under Streisand Effect. MoS isn’t winning me over with their description of the real Boris; a selfless public servant who puts others first.
That night – April 2, 2020 – doctors were on standby at St Thomas’ Hospital in London, ready to admit him at short notice.

Instead he soldiered on, resistant to the idea of hospitalisation, fearing it might suggest preferential treatment. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... death.html
My normal retort to this sort of shit stirring; where do you stand on Alex Jones’ freedom of speech on Sandy Hook
By Youngian
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:55 am As I have said before, from personal experience - you don't get discharged straight from ICU. You have to be desperately ill to merit an ICU bed (which he wasn't - where was the CPAP or intubation?) and assuming your trip to ICU doesn't subsequently lead to the mortuary, you'd be put back on a ward for precautionary monitoring.
Johnson’s story has never smelt right but a lot of people would have had to be hushed up to have carried this conspiracy. Did Johnson even look vaguely capable of pulling off a complex scam like that?

Not that I care about half arsed mud slinging going in Johnson’s direction, the more the better.
By Boiler
Youngian wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:22 am Johnson’s story has never smelt right but a lot of people would have had to be hushed up to have carried this conspiracy. Did Johnson even look vaguely capable of pulling off a complex scam like that?

Not that I care about half arsed mud slinging going in Johnson’s direction, the more the better.
We are after all dealing with someone whom it is alleged wanted to be injected live on TV with the virus to prove there was nothing to fear.

My own view is that he was ill but not so ill as to merit an ICU bed - but as to its propaganda value with the public (already there was a *lot* of scepticism by then) and dealing with something of which little was known about at the time, it was worth it.
By Abernathy
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:18 pm

We are after all dealing with someone whom it is alleged wanted to be injected live on TV with the virus to prove there was nothing to fear.
Really? How did I miss that one? Sounds more Trump than Johnson. Who is alleging this ?
My own view is that he was ill but not so ill as to merit an ICU bed - but as to its propaganda value with the public (already there was a *lot* of scepticism by then) and dealing with something of which little was known about at the time, it was worth it.
Yes, I’d agree with that.
By Boiler
Abernathy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:48 pm
Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:18 pm We are after all dealing with someone whom it is alleged wanted to be injected live on TV with the virus to prove there was nothing to fear.
Really? How did I miss that one? Sounds more Trump than Johnson. Who is alleging this ?

At the time (2021), Cummings.

https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-pm- ... 021-05-26/
LONDON, May 26 (Reuters) - British Prime Minister Boris Johnson would have been willing to inject himself with the novel coronavirus as he was so sceptical COVID-19 was a threat, his former top aide Dominic Cummings told parliament on Wednesday.

Cummings said that officials worried Johnson would not have been constructive in planning for the severity of the pandemic had he chaired emergency "COBR" meetings.

"The view of various officials inside Number 10 was, if we have Prime Minister chairing COBR meetings and he just tells everyone this is swine flu, don't worry about it and I'm going to get (Chief Medical Officer) Chris Whitty to inject me live on TV with coronavirus ... that would not help," Cummings told lawmakers.
Later mentioned by the Mirror https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... n-30136612

Boiler wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:18 pmMy own view is that he was ill but not so ill as to merit an ICU bed - but as to its propaganda value with the public (already there was a *lot* of scepticism by then) and dealing with something of which little was known about at the time, it was worth it.
Abernathy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:48 pm Yes, I’d agree with that.
It all seems such a strange time now. I was discussing this with my sceptic sister and her husband this lunchtime over a pint or three. But I remain unconvinced - from my own experience of spending time with Mrs. Boiler in ICUs in 2008 and 2010 - that Johnson was dangerously ill and this was no more than a propaganda exercise. At that time, the local hospital had just six ICU beds to serve a city of 200,000 people. When Mrs. B. said the first time that she felt a bit of a fraud being in ICU as compared to everyone else around here - generally on ventilators and more - seemed so much more ill than she felt, she was very rapidly disavowed of that notion by the renal consultant.

Still, it's another handy stick to beat Lineker with... :roll:
By Youngian
The movie itself looks a bit pants and isn’t aimed just at Johnson, it’s features Blair and Bush in this clip with commentary from expert political scientist Marina Purkiss. It’s pushing forward an old down the pub favourite that politicians should be prosecuted for lying and is panhandling a crowdfunder to finish the film. No one would have watched it if the Mail hadn’t made a fuss.
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/thepoweroflies
Dalem Lake liked this
By satnav
The line about Johnson not wanting to receive preferential treatment is pure bollox. If the prime minister of the country rocks up at A&E he is not going to kept waiting for hours like the everybody else. He also had his own personal doctor calling the shots so it is very unlikely that anyone would risk contracting what his own doctor recommended.

Johnson and his team must have also known that medical staff would never have challenged his claims because they would have been in trouble for breaching patient confidentiality. This would have been even for of an issue for the two foreign nationals who treated Johnson because if they had breached confidentiality and been subsequently disciplined they could have been quickly booted out of the country.
By soulboy
Network Rail spent £10,000 flying staff around the country last year as it was cheaper than paying for them to take the trains

Last year more than 2,600 air tickets were bought by staff at Network Rail

985 tickets were for flights within the UK and 1,622 for international journeys
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rains.html

Yes, a £4 flight would be cheaper than travelling by rail. £10K a week is the correct figure.
By Youngian
The Mail removed this story after being informed that Mr Idris and Mr Elba aren’t brothers. They’re both British actors who played business smart drug dealers in a US TV series.* Perhaps that’s was the cause of the confusion.

* Damon is Franklin in John Singleton’s Snowfall and the final series is on the iPlayer if you’re a fan.
Attachments
IMG_4319.jpeg
IMG_4319.jpeg (303.21 KiB) Viewed 5425 times
By Tubby Isaacs
soulboy wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 4:05 pm
Network Rail spent £10,000 flying staff around the country last year as it was cheaper than paying for them to take the trains

Last year more than 2,600 air tickets were bought by staff at Network Rail

985 tickets were for flights within the UK and 1,622 for international journeys
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rains.html

Yes, a £4 flight would be cheaper than travelling by rail. £10K a week is the correct figure.
Famously, Network Rail sets ticket prices.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]