By RandomElement
Andy McDandy wrote: Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:37 pm There's a term for it, but it's a valid tactic for getting information online: post the wrong answer. People are more ready to correct you than flatly inform you.
That is a tactic on the StackExchange website. Create two accounts, one account to ask the question and a second to give a crappy answer. The programmers there, who would normally give a noob shit for daring to ask a question, instead gives the crappy answer shit for being crappy and then giving the correct answer.

This also works IRL when dealing with arrogant, but knowledgeable programmers.
By Youngian
What tossers voted for this? Not that the UK is facing a ‘cheese blockade’ but the Mail can’t help themselves even when it’s a ‘Brexit is crap’ story.
Attachments
IMG_3839.jpeg
IMG_3839.jpeg (149.74 KiB) Viewed 13264 times
Last edited by Youngian on Mon May 22, 2023 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Youngian
Checks would only be necessary if the government is going to introduce higher food standards than the EU. As it intends to do the opposite, it’s checks for exporters but not for importers. Mogg set his brain on this problem and suggested this could be easily solved by having separate production lines and packaging for British only products.
Oboogie liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
kreuzberger wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:19 pm
Abernathy wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 11:32 am That. is. a. DISGRACE.
Indeed. There should only be three types on a board at any given time, rising in their potency with each morsel.
Or at Le Moulin d'Auberge, 4. With instructions...
By kreuzberger
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:14 pm Or at Le Moulin d'Auberge, 4. With instructions...
There's a restaurant in Limone Piemonte where I once had lunch. You have to drive through France to get there from the coast.

Anyway, they have a sommelier for cheese. He's a knowledgable as any regular sommelier, but just for cheese and he recommends an implausible quintet. For me, that's more than enough as a lunch, as are the five accompanying five 1cl wines with which the actual sommelier graces the table.

It is up there with one of the best lunches I have ever had. The kids won't forget it, either - I was distracted enough to allow them to feast on nowt but homemade ice cream.

The problem is that I am buggered if I can recall exactly where it was. Limone is quite a posh winter resort which used to have snow for the Ligurians but it's nice and down-to-earth in the summer.

Back on topic, the mail would hate it; there ain't any scruffy tratts on Ken High Street that will prep them for a menu in dialect. There also aren't eight cheese on your platter.
Malcolm Armsteen liked this
By Yug
I haven't read the full article, but if this bit is typical of the rest then the fail here is epic

It's widely believed the Romans introduced winemaking to England as early as 43 BC when Emperor Claudius began the conquest of the British Isles.

Now, new evidence suggests the existence of a previously unknown vineyard in Cambridgeshire that could date back to the years following the invasion.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech ... s-ago.html
When Roman emperor Claudius began the conquest of Britain 33 years before he was born! I know the Romans were a clever bunch, but even Claudius wasn't as clever as that.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]