It is really silly to assume that somebody who is slim is automatically fit. If somebody is starving themselves in order to remain thin the chances are that they are cutting out fats and carbs which you need for energy. If a dancer really was putting on too much weight then surely the teacher should discuss the issue with the dancer in private rather than fat shaming them in front of the entire class.
Tubby Isaacs, Spoonman liked this
Recovery eating of easily absorbed carbs and proteins* soon after training is a well understood, long established practice in any kind of athletic training. Denying food to the dancers wouldn't just be fat-shaming, it would be completely counter-productive and potentially damaging.

That's the sort of thing that someone could learn via the ancient rubric called "five fucking minutes on Google" and as such, well beyond our Mandy's talents

*Stout and Weisbier are genuinely excellent for this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... d-BBC.html

That Russell Brand might be a bit pervy, says Mandy with her finger on the pulse. Otherwise, royals are great (except you know who), Labour are meanies, and something about Barbie that seems to boil down to grin and bear it, girls. Bit at odds with the main piece.
With £44.99 Barbie and Ken 'movie dolls' flying off toy shop shelves and the film available online for £19.99, enough pink hysteria already! I'm not alone in swearing I'll never watch this silly, faux female-emancipation film, nor let anyone who has come to my Monday night movie club.

Time for a #NotMeToo Barbie movement that stops gullible girls being lured into the woke world of plastic role models.
I wonder what you have to do to get an invite to Amanda's Monday night movie club. It's sounds like a real fun filled evening.
satnav wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:52 pm
With £44.99 Barbie and Ken 'movie dolls' flying off toy shop shelves and the film available online for £19.99, enough pink hysteria already! I'm not alone in swearing I'll never watch this silly, faux female-emancipation film, nor let anyone who has come to my Monday night movie club.

Time for a #NotMeToo Barbie movement that stops gullible girls being lured into the woke world of plastic role models.
I wonder what you have to do to get an invite to Amanda's Monday night movie club. It's sounds like a real fun filled evening.
I'm making a wild guess here that she doesn't have many friends.
Amazon in U-turn

Barely nine months since Jeremy Clarkson was universally condemned for his horrid Meghan Markle column — including by Amazon which considered cancelling him — Clarkson's Farm has become the only streamed TV programme to make it into the top 40 most watched shows of the past year.

A huge hit, with 4.6 million tuning in to watch Series Two, for, er, streaming giant Amazon Prime Video.
Does she want them to cancel him or not? If you consider something and don't do it, is that a U-turn?
Ha ha ha ha. Does she think Al Gore is the US President or something?

That is pretty much the weakest ad hom I've ever seen.
Former American vice president Al Gore attacks Rishi's new green policies as 'shocking', accusing him of taking the wrong decision on climate change.

Well, we will take no lectures from American eco warriors when the UK has cut its carbon emissions by 50 per cent . . . and the U.S. by zero!
She can do worse though.
Former top BBC executive Katy Searle asks of Newsnight: 'Is it really the right thing to spend £13 million on a programme that is only watched by 300,000?'

To which we licence fee payers might add: 'Is it right that we pay Newsnight's part-time presenters Kirsty Wark, Victoria Derbyshire and Faisal Islam three-quarters of a million between them to produce the most excruciatingly woke political show on the BBC?
Woke Newsnight FFS.

Faisal Islam is the Economic Editor of BBC News, not just a "part time newsnight presenter". If they want to give Victoria Derbyshire her show back, I'm sure she'd be happy to do the work.
I don't think Amanda fully understands how streaming services work. She has spent the last couple of years accusing Meghan and Harry of taking a Net Flix crew with them to various events including the Queen's funeral even though Net Flix don't have any camera crews.

Clarkson's farm is made by a production company that then streams the show on the Amazon platform. When Amazon appeared to go cool on the show it was probably just part of a negotiation process over how much of a cut Amazon would take from any revenues raised. If Amazon had pulled out another platform would have streamed the show if it made them money and didn't damage their brand.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... eries.html

See those people who were a bit famous a few years ago? I hate them. That Margot Robbie, I hate her shoes. Tory women, aren't they brilliant? I mean, apart from Liz Truss, obviously. Much better than those Labour slags, they're shit if you ask me. And that gay lad on Strickly. He's great, aside from being gay, think of the children!
Loos hasn’t been splashed all over a world that doesn’t care a fig, the Mail tracked her down in Norway minding her own business. The ‘scoop’ revealed how Rebecca now lives in Norway minding her own business.
But not half as much as I feel for Rebecca Loos, who has been dragged callously back into the limelight nearly 20 years after the event. Presumably to add 'spice' to their documentary.
In recent years she has found peace, living quietly with her doctor husband Sven and their young sons Magnus and Liam in Norway. Now she's splashed all over the world again to help promote Brand Beckham.

Whatever
Kemi Badenoch, Suella Braverman and Penny Mordaunt were all accused of being on manoeuvres during conference, bidding for the leadership should Rishi lose the election.

Yet don't these clever, strong Tory women eclipse Labour's second raters — Angela Rayner, Rachel Reeves and Yvette Cooper — who couldn't run a local laundromat?
What is bizarre about her Beckham rant is that she criticises them for not mentioning Rebecca Loos name in their programme. Surely this is a good thing. If she has moved on with her life why mention her? It seems to be Platell who has gone out of her way to name Rebecca Loos. Many of the people watching the show under a certain age will not have a clue who Rebecca Loos was. But Platell has ensured that more people will now start digging into her past.
Does anybody who isn't a political hack really think that those three Labour women aren't as clever as Braverman, Mordaunt and Badenoch?

And anyway the point isn't whether anyone's clever or not. It's whether they're pissing the leader about for their ambitions.
Braverman and Mordant all went down well at conference because they were preaching to the converted but in the commons they are woeful. Yvette Cooper routinely out performs Braverman in the commons because she prepares well and puts in the hours while Braverman just relies on meaningless slogans.
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:16 pm Does anybody who isn't a political hack really think that those three Labour women aren't as clever as Braverman, Mordaunt and Badenoch?

And anyway the point isn't whether anyone's clever or not. It's whether they're pissing the leader about for their ambitions.
Being clever has some advantages...
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:36 pm
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:16 pm Does anybody who isn't a political hack really think that those three Labour women aren't as clever as Braverman, Mordaunt and Badenoch?

Being clever has some advantages...
...But we've had enough of experts.
Abernathy liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]