Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:16 pm
Spoonman wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:29 pm

See "We should look after our own first/charity begins as home" when it comes to overseas aid.
And its flipside, "Call that a problem; there are children starving in Africa" when confronted by hardship here.
And once they suddenly start having some relative misfortune after caring not one jot about anyone else's, they'll moan in whatever media outlet that's willing to entertain them in order to promote their gofundme.com page while they live in their seven-figure property.

See a certain Mr. F**age or "Martin Branning". As predicatable as the sun rising the next day yet there are plenty of idiots that fall for it.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ement.html

Harry's a shit, slebs are fat or lazy, Rishi isn't hard right enough, blacks are crooks, Chinese are shifty, every fucking week.
The stuff about the media treatment of veterans is utterly pathetic. She quotes two veterans who received good media coverage but is this really representative of how veterans are treated generally. Ben Parkinson got a lot of media coverage but most of this came initially from local news programmes like Look North covering so of the remarkable challenges he took on despite his various disabilities. If local news programmes had not set the ball rolling the tabloids would not have given him much coverage.

Her piece on Michelle Obama is both nasty and totally untrue.
Clinging to power

A new poll votes Michelle Obama the most inspirational woman of all time.

The message to young women is: become a subservient wife and use your husband’s fame to write excruciating books about female empowerment.

If being a cling-on plus-one to a famous man is all it takes to beat double Nobel Prize winner Marie Curie, Meghan Markle should be there, too.
Michelle did a lot of positive things as First Lady, what did Melania Trump achieve in her 4 years as First lady?
When she was First Lady she got a load of shit for being too active in the role and talking on too many staff. The idea she just stood next to her husband and smiled is bollocks.

The list is here.

https://www.2st.com.au/trending/enterta ... -all-time/

Emma Watson ties with Marie Curie. Where's Amanda's insult for her?

When you talk about being inspiring or good role models or whatever, I would think lots of people think more of contemporary people who they feel they know better.
And the go-to example to cite when your knowledge of women's accomplishments throughout the history of science is not so much threadbare as bare-arsed.
I'm reminded of this old column on Platell by Victoria Coren. The Amanda Platell Game.

http://www.victoriacoren.com/main/blog/ ... atell_game
This is how it works. You get Amanda Platell’s column from the Daily Mail. Then you take a piece of paper to cover the page and slide it gradually down, item by item, reading only the first line of each. So you only get the basic opening facts.

You then get 5 points every time you correctly guess that Amanda is FURIOUS AND DISGUSTED by the subject or person involved. 5 points if you correctly guess that Amanda LOVES THIS TURN OF EVENTS. Minus 5 points each time you’re wrong.
She's right that the most riduclous stuff seems to set Amanda off. Here's the first one for you.
1) Michelle Obama has revealed that her father, despite suffering multiple sclerosis, always made the effort to hobble across the room on his walking sticks to greet his wife with a kiss when she came in. Have a think…

Did you anticipate that Amanda Platell would be delighted by this news, showing how older couples have a respect for the institution of marriage that the selfish young have lost? If so: minus 5 ! Amanda thinks the revelation is “MOST INSINCERE. Funny how Obama deemed her poor old pop more important to voters than her qualifications as a high-flying corporate lawyer.”
That was written 15 years ago.
I think there is consistency, but it's around people. If someone she doesn't like does anything, it's for the basest and most cynical of motives. And vice versa.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
Another old blog post by Coren on Platell. This is absolutely incredible.

http://www.victoriacoren.com/main/blog/ ... lls_people

First Amanda completely misunderstands a self-deprecating (and quite good) joke by Paris Hilton. Then this.
But then I read another item in the same column, about Alex Mosley, the son of Max Mosley who died of an accidental drug overdose last week. Platell wrote this:

“Any parent who has lost a child to suicide [sic] is haunted by thoughts of what they could have done to prevent such needless deaths… [Max] Mosley has consistently blamed the red-top newspaper that exposed his sordid secret for causing his family distress, but never once accepted any blame for the way he deceived his wife and sons for so long. Is it too much to hope that his son’s tragic death should be the cue for a little honesty and humility?”

And now I realize that if there is a Hell, Amanda Platell is going there, and if we do ever meet socially then I should have absolutely no interest in being polite to her anyway. I think this is the most twisted, poisonous, immoral thing I have ever read in a newspaper, and that’s saying a beakful.

HUMILITY? She hopes this man is HUMBLED by his son’s death? She hopes that he will find a way to blame himself? She is a truly evil woman.
kreuzberger liked this
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... Queen.html

Charles, Camilla, Naomi Campbell, the church, Jamie Oliver and his son, Gillian Keegan, Ian McKellen and Sarah Lancashire all smell of poo and wee.

Amanda asks what proper actresses like Emma Thompson (er, hang on, isn't she one of the enemy?) would make of someone who used to be on Coronation Street being described as great. I'd imagine they'd agree. Or not give a shit. Or point out that Oscar winning actors don't emerge fully formed.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... rrior.html

Then she has a massive whinge about Carol Vorderman.
Lots of famous actors cut their teeth on Coronation Street: Patricia Routledge, Joanna Lumbley and Ben Kingsley all had stints on the Street early i their careers.

Platell is clearly jealous of any woman who has been more successful than her, which is probably most women.
I'm really struggling to follow Platell's logic i this piece.
If we think we've got it tough with soaring numbers of illegal immigrants, spare a thought for New York.

Democrat mayor Eric Adams says that, as more than 110,000 migrants have arrived in his city since last spring, the crisis threatens to destroy America's most famous city.

Imagine how much worse it would be if, instead of housing them in gyms and car parks, New Yorkers were paying more than £2billion a year to put migrants up in hotel - as we so generously do.
From what I can see New York is being tough on immigrants by housing them in gyms and carparks yet they are attracting more immigrants than Britain that accommodates asylum seekers in hotels.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... ather.html

See that Meghan Markle? She's a cunt. Tell you what, so's that Angela Rayner. And she's a leftie to boot! What about that Margot Robbie? She's rich, so she's got no right campaigning for pay deals - she can just give her money away. Then there's nice Kate, she's nice. Does things with her hair. And of course, Andrew Flintoff - he's not a poof! Meanwhile, you'd never guess, but I'm a fan of an incredibly popular TV show. Kenneth Branagh, eh? He's a shit actor. Finally, heard of the "Ig-Nobel prizes"? Aren't scientists silly?
Ex-dancers say they were told to 'tone up', - code, they say, for 'you're too fat'. Only in our woke world would dancers claim it is bullying to require them to be fit enough to perform. Who wants to see The Dying Swan danced by a hippo?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-66720433
Grace Owen, 22, says on one occasion at Elmhurst a teacher taunted the class over some doughnuts, which the students had been told were available after a class.

The teacher picked out the thinnest pupil and said only they were allowed to eat one, she says.

"[This was] implying that she could eat them because she was of the right weight, and no-one else," says Grace, who was 19 at the time.

"Everyone else - basically you're too fat for them."
Is Amanda accusing Grace Owen of lying, or does she think that all bar one in the class were "hippos"? Given the motivation and long term commitment of the students, I think that's unlikely.

This looks like one for Victoria Coren's game. Does Amanda say,...

a) Who are these jumped up nobodies to tell these girls they can't have a donut once in a while?
b) Fuck off, fatty?

Actually, it's always going to be b, isn't it?
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]