When did Amanda ever give a toss about communities that were destroyed by pit closures?
Steel giant Tata is to close blast furnaces at its plant in Port Talbot, South Wales — with the expected loss of 2,500 jobs — and replace them with eco-friendly electric furnaces, which will take years to build. Yes, we all want a greener world but at what cost to lives? As the closure of the coal mines in the 1980s proved — you close a pit, you destroy a community.
It's a sneer at the hippies - look at the human cost of your idealism - plus a bit of post-post office looking out for the little guy. All the rage this month.
satnav wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:27 pm When did Amanda ever give a toss about communities that were destroyed by pit closures?
Steel giant Tata is to close blast furnaces at its plant in Port Talbot, South Wales — with the expected loss of 2,500 jobs — and replace them with eco-friendly electric furnaces, which will take years to build. Yes, we all want a greener world but at what cost to lives? As the closure of the coal mines in the 1980s proved — you close a pit, you destroy a community.
In what way are subsidies for future electric furnaces causing the current lay offs? This ludicrous pitch is being pitched throughout the Tory media.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/ ... ocane.html

Kill the bastard says Mandy, deliberately misunderstanding the concept of locking away in somewhere like Broadmoor. Meanwhile, Gwyneth, J-Lo, Margot, Emma (Stone) and Hilary are all silly women who aren't as clever or funny as her. And that Romesh Ranganathan? Not funny, 'cos he's a rotten lefty who made a joke about a prominent public figure.

Oh, and now she apparently lives in a cottage and chats with the postman daily, because of course she does after we decided postal people were cool. Fairly sure she was recently talking about her London flat.

Finally, all young people are fat and lazy, here's a kid who took their life after being bullied over their looks, shame on the bullies. And finally, a really crass 'joke' about Alzheimer's.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... agony.html

Footballers are dumb, sleb girls are dumb, royals are great (except for you know who).

Bag of shite.
Sunak not a ‘proper’ Tory leader.
With the Tories being hammered in the polls, it's not the best time for the PM to tell us that due to his Hindu faith he never drinks, fasts for 36 hours every week and wants to ban smoking.

Crikey, those of us hoping for a slim majority at the election want a proper Tory leader, not Mahatma Gandhi.
Youngian wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 6:49 am Sunak not a ‘proper’ Tory leader.
With the Tories being hammered in the polls, it's not the best time for the PM to tell us that due to his Hindu faith he never drinks, fasts for 36 hours every week and wants to ban smoking.

Crikey, those of us hoping for a slim majority at the election want a proper Tory leader, not Mahatma Gandhi.
I can't imagine what she means.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals ... eghan.html

The lead article aside, the rest is a spectacular display of shit.

On Sharon Stone:
Look on the bright side, Sharon. Think of all the money that you save not having to buy any knickers.
Ha ha, you know that film's over 30 years old, and she was tricked into the infamous shot? You prick.

On tax cuts:
So clear blue water at last between Labour and the Tories. Although after this week’s catastrophic by-elections for the Conservatives, that water is as blood-soaked as a scene from Jaws.
The fuck?

On the Lords:
A moment of utter parody when Wales’s Plaid Cymru parachutes Carmen Smith, 27 — who has vowed to abolish the House of Lords — into the unelected Upper House as its youngest ever peer.
Remind us what you said about Johnson's daughter/lover/both, if you did say anything?

On the Dune 2 premiere:
I’m talking about Zendaya’s appearance at the premiere of futuristic movie Dune Part 2, a poor man’s Star Wars.
Just fuck right off. Or get it right - "a sci-fi a bit more obscure than the LCD shit I've heard of".

After a piece on JK Rowling and her "sensible views", this on Esther Ghey:
The mother of murdered teenager Brianna Ghey is campaigning to get mindfulness taught in schools as ‘Brianna’s legacy’. We understand why Esther feels the need to campaign and hold on to her child’s memory.
Her 'child'. You fucking cunt.
And the disgusting shite in Andy's post above comes just five days after Johnson, in his lazy, factually incorrect load of bollocks, described the Fail as
Alex Johnson wrote:...this cultured, civilised newspaper...
:roll:
Fuck, just read that. It's Johnson's style though - "my friends", flatter the audience, tell them how clever they are to be in agreement with him, how unlike the thick people they are, or how their shrewd common sense cuts through all that fog thrown up by the intellectuals who disagree. Surprisingly effective.
You forgot, "Just pull yourself together and get over it."
Actress Sheridan Smith and adventurer Ben Fogle are the latest celebrities to whine about their struggles with ADHD. Crikey! If fidgeting, a lack of concentration and being forgetful are the symptoms of this debilitating condition, 90 per cent of the population are undiagnosed sufferers — including me.
I've spent a lot of time reading up about ADHD since my wife's recent diagnosis at the age of 58. It explains a lot of the stuff we've been through since we met as teenagers. However, it leaves one with the horrible thought that the likes of Amanda Platell simply can't help being a despicable, arrogant, nasty, vacuous, empathy-free cunt.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/royals ... rgery.html

Round up of who smells of poo in Mandy's world.

This week, there are some men on the list - Prince William (for not knowing his place), and actors Barry Keoghan and Leo Woodall. Also there's Emma Stone (for, shock horror, doing some acting) and Dakota Johnson (for, shock horror, having fun), fashion designer Katharine Hamnett, Nice Kate (for, shock horror, not being seen in public while recovering from surgery), and everyone in Eastenders.

In her good book, or more to the point her what the fuck book, are Margot Robbie (now suddenly a goodie after months of sneering), Shamima Begum (er, try reading the fucking paper you write for), and recently deceased dancer Robin Windsor, who she presumes took his own life.

One for the No You Fucking Didn't file:
Wherever I go — the hairdresser, the butcher, shops, even in the street — I am asked about Kate by people who think I might have some information about the Princess because I am a journalist (I don’t).

Everyone’s desperate to find out what’s happening. How she is. When we’ll see her.
The lady is a cunt.
Mandy's on the ball:
A devastating poll says the Tories will be wiped out at the next election with Sunak, wannabe PMs Jeremy Hunt, Grant Shapps and even the Right's darling Penny Mordaunt, losing their seats. To which a lifelong Conservative like me says, bring back Boris!
Mordaunt the darling of the right? She's practically an LD by current Tory standards. And yes, bring back the guy who started the collapse. You can see why she was such a success with William Hague.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]