satnav wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 10:54 pm The sound of a barrel being scraped.

I've only ever shared this with my family and my closest friends. I was afraid people would think I was mad or deluded.
Then I was desperate to fill a column and a girl's gotta eat...
safe_timber_man wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 6:33 pm That Margot Robbie bit is absolutely bonkers:
Before she agreed to play Barbie, Margot Robbie insisted the new film would not reinforce the harmful stereotype of the impossibly perfect, big-bosomed, tiny-waisted plastic original. Yet she's turned up for every premiere as a perfect-bodied, big-busted slim woman — sporting a crotch-skimming fuchsia mini-dress after the London opening.

Barbie-loving eight-year-old me would have blushed pink with embarrassment.

That's...Margot's body...? Did Platell want her to turn up in a fat suit or something?
ba.JPG
ba.JPG (21.55 KiB) Viewed 4154 times

Not Platell this time but I don't think it's worth starting a whole thread on Barbie!!

Just wondering what exactly this about? Why has the Mail got a big bee in its bonnet about Barbie, of all things?

Is it just a Margot Robbie thing or have they decided it's 'woke'?
It's popular, therefore there's money to be made from opposing it on principle (the curmudgeon option). Additionally, it's apparently full of "parental bonus" gags and is in its own way quite subversive with a "you can be anything you want to be" message. And then there's Robie. Looks like a dumb blonde. Plays up to the image of a dumb blonde. Is very much not a dumb blonde.
safe_timber_man liked this
The Mail and most of its readers generally despise all women's sport but particularly team sports, on ideological grounds. Up to this point the women's game had had a certain joie de vivre that already starting to drain away. When it starts to attract the attention of terrible people like Platell it makes me a little bit sad.
I'm not buying her claim that she watches the football with her friends on her big HD TV, unless they are those imaginary friends that she occasionally mentions in her column, like her black friend who doesn't think that racism exist, or her elderly friend who doesn't approve of all this woke nonsense, or her gay friend who doesn't think that the Mail is homophobic.

I also see she was having ago at the Australian sailor who left his dog behind after he had being rescued in the Pacific ocean.
According to another article in the Mail he had little choice but to leave the dog behind because of the strict rules Australia places on animals entering the country. But Amanda never lets facts get in the way of spewing out more nasty bile.
She's not quite got the hang of this new fangled social media.

Back when she worked for Tory-Boy Hague you could print a lie in your daily.
The biggest kickback to fear was a strongly worded complaint sent first class to our editor - which he would invariably bin.

Now you can be made to look very foolish by a same-day rebuttal whose circulation is orders of magnitude greater than your sorry rag.
Had to chuckle at her amazing insight on Saturday that Sean Bean often plays characters who die. Next week, she reveals her jokey nickname for those SUVs you get these days - Chelsea tractors!
Watchman wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 8:03 am Yes, yes, all well and good, but did he tell her what Diana said about Harry
Daily Mail Exclusive! Diana hates Meghan Markle! She's so upset that Harry turned his back on Charles, uh, OK maybe Diana gets that part. But Meghan! She's a controlling little madam!
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]