https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... Harry.html

You weren't far off.

Usual whining about people more famous than her. Two bits of self-awareness failure stand out. One, for someone who castigates others for dwelling on the past, not a good idea to resurrect Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston. Two, yes it is a shame that so many of Mick Jagger's contemporaries are no longer with us, but bear in mind that tapping out in your seventies isn't exactly tragically young, and that John Lennon's absence has something to do with being shot.
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 7:09 am https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailym ... Harry.html

I got nothing. Just random brain farts and noise.
I don't know about most of those people, but Stuart Broad has "Intoxicating Masculinity".

Maybe she's trying to make a play on words Toxic / Intoxicating.
But if she knew anything about cricket, she'd know that Broad's among the most metrosexual in the business.

Clean shaven, when whiskers or full beards are the norm.
Never quite aged up his boyish good looks.
The whole lose shirt and headband: more Ryan Gosling form Barbie than Stallone's Rambo.

That's enough fangaying from me.
Her column today see to be even worse than usual, some absolute drivel about Harry and Meghan not being invited to Balmoral. I'm kind of guessing that Harry and Meghan are happier with their friends in sunny California rather than being stuck at Balmoral with a nest of vipers when the weather is horrendous.

I'm also struggling with this daft piece about Amanda Holden.
Amanda’s racy revenge
Much outrage when Amanda Holden was mum-shamed by misogynist influencer Andrew Tate on Twitter after posting a picture of herself in a bikini.

Tate said: ‘You are a wife and a mother and you’re past a teenager.’ Amanda, 52, then shared this even racier picture — while he still awaits trial on charges of human trafficking (despite being released from house arrest yesterday).

Revenge is sometimes a dish best served hot.
Sorry but where is the revenge in her posting another picture of herself in a racy outfit?

Then another piece showing a lack of self awareness.
Ken is the Greatest
Readers may think I write my column listening to Rachmaninoff and other highfalutin’ tunes from the BBC. Sorry to break the news but I’m a Ken Bruce fan and — along with a million others — have abandoned the Beeb and followed him to Greatest Hits Radio.
Why would anybody think that Amanda was a fan of classical music?
From personal experience I can say that there is a misconception among the not-very-bright that classical music is "hard", and anyone who listens to classical music is super-intelligent and a cut above the common herd. Platell is obviously one of those dullards who has bought into that load of old bollocks, hence the comment mentioned in satnav's post above. She obviously has an over-inflated opinion of her own intelligence and utter contempt for her readers.
Yug wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:38 pm From personal experience I can say that there is a misconception among the not-very-bright that classical music is "hard", and anyone who listens to classical music is super-intelligent and a cut above the common herd. Platell is obviously one of those dullards who has bought into that load of old bollocks, hence the comment mentioned in satnav's post above. She obviously has an over-inflated opinion of her own intelligence and utter contempt for her readers.
I had a fairly long-winded diatribe about the (music) journalist created difference between "accessible" and "difficult" music (read: not in diatonic 4:4 with verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus) and how it rarely, if ever matches what a musician considers difficult*. It all comes back to a fairly fundamental point: journos are primarily concerned with displaying how clever or earthly they are, and musicians aren't.

*That's not to say "difficult" music is all easy to play or understand, or that simple music is difficult, but it doesn't usually match up that simply. Peter Green and AC/DC play "simple" music, and it's fucking excruciating to hear people who think it's simple play it.
MisterMuncher wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:19 am
Yug wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2023 9:38 pm From personal experience I can say that there is a misconception among the not-very-bright that classical music is "hard", and anyone who listens to classical music is super-intelligent and a cut above the common herd. Platell is obviously one of those dullards who has bought into that load of old bollocks, hence the comment mentioned in satnav's post above. She obviously has an over-inflated opinion of her own intelligence and utter contempt for her readers.
I had a fairly long-winded diatribe about the (music) journalist created difference between "accessible" and "difficult" music (read: not in diatonic 4:4 with verse, chorus, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus) and how it rarely, if ever matches what a musician considers difficult*. It all comes back to a fairly fundamental point: journos are primarily concerned with displaying how clever or earthly they are, and musicians aren't.

*That's not to say "difficult" music is all easy to play or understand, or that simple music is difficult, but it doesn't usually match up that simply. Peter Green and AC/DC play "simple" music, and it's fucking excruciating to hear people who think it's simple play it.
My thoughts were that she was taking two “populist” views at once, to enhance her woman of the people stand; I’m just like you, classical music is for the liberal, metropolitan elite, and I love Ken and hate the BBC just like you. But forgetting that she’d throw a hissy fit if she didn’t get free tickets for events she claims to dislike
Slightly undermined by her claim she'll be riveted by Strickly later this year.

Likewise Harry's "snub" - she sneaks in the fact he's busy with the Invictus games, giving the lie to her claims he's sitting around with nothing to do.
There seem to be loads of right wing columnists like Platell and Carole Malone suddenly making out that they care passionately about homeless people and people living in poverty who they claim are being neglected because the government is spending too much on asylum seekers.
satnav wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:56 pm There seem to be loads of right wing columnists like Platell and Carole Malone suddenly making out that they care passionately about homeless people and people living in poverty who they claim are being neglected because the government is spending too much on asylum seekers.
While in reality, they wouldn't piss on a homeless person if they were on fire.

See "We should look after our own first/charity begins as home" when it comes to overseas aid.
Dalem Lake liked this
Spoonman wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:29 pm

See "We should look after our own first/charity begins as home" when it comes to overseas aid.
And its flipside, "Call that a problem; there are children starving in Africa" when confronted by hardship here.
Spoonman liked this
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:16 pm
Spoonman wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 2:29 pm

And its flipside, "Call that a problem; there are children starving in Africa" when confronted by hardship here.
but all those woke charities and that sanctimonious Geldof preaching at us
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]