:sunglasses: 100 %
He’s probably using AI to write this bollocks now. Corporate fight involves Elon Musk and everyone is driving Teslas around his new neck of the woods but why aren’t there any British Teslas? All the EU’s fault and we could have if we leave their orbit by not charging corporations any tax or having regulations. This man was PM.
What the madcap cage fight between Musk and Zuckerberg tells us about how to make Brexit Britain richer https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... icher.html
Attachments
IMG_4371.jpeg
IMG_4371.jpeg (157.83 KiB) Viewed 5469 times
Last edited by Youngian on Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So now anything that isn't toxic macho bollocks is woke? Says the guy whose only evidence of being in a fight is him rugby tackling a kid.
Well, whilst there aren't any British Teslas there's a thriving community rebuilding classic cars with the bits from dead Teslas.

https://www.electricclassiccars.co.uk/

However, I suspect that in times past, the Enfield 8000 and the Scottish Aviation SCAMP passed him by and remind me, how well did all that bloviating for British Volt go?

Anyway, we all know what the Daily Mail's readership's views on science and electric vehicles are: consider the subatomic particle discovery - it doesn't take long to get to this -
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 20-31-37 Scientists discover subatomic particle disobeying the laws of physics.png
Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 20-31-37 Scientists discover subatomic particle disobeying the laws of physics.png (7.3 KiB) Viewed 5458 times
Boiler wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:37 pm Well, whilst there aren't any British Teslas there's a thriving community rebuilding classic cars with the bits from dead Teslas.

However, I suspect that in times past, the Enfield 8000 and the Scottish Aviation SCAMP passed him by and remind me, how well did all that bloviating for British Volt go?

Anyway, we all know what the Daily Mail's readership's views on science and electric vehicles are: consider the subatomic particle discovery - it doesn't take long to get to this -

Screenshot 2023-08-11 at 20-31-37 Scientists discover subatomic particle disobeying the laws of physics.png
Wasn't the original model of Tesla a rejigged Lotus Elise?
“Under the dynamic government I used to lead, UK gigabit coverage soared from 7 per cent to about 70 per cent of households, which was not bad going in just over three years. But I have ­discovered that it still takes too long for Openreach to sort you out in some rural areas, so hang it all, I said, and installed Starlink (prop. Elon Musk).”

Twat! I was so good at knowing everything, but I didn’t realise they had t’internet outside of London
MisterMuncher wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:20 pm
Boiler wrote: Fri Aug 11, 2023 8:37 pm Well, whilst there aren't any British Teslas there's a thriving community rebuilding classic cars with the bits from dead Teslas.

Wasn't the original model of Tesla a rejigged Lotus Elise?
It was indeed - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_Roa ... eneration)

To me though, Space Karen's company will always be the upstart trading on the name of the real Tesla (bit like Budweiser beer) - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tesla_a.s.
Watchman wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:50 pm “Under the dynamic government I used to lead, UK gigabit coverage soared from 7 per cent to about 70 per cent of households, which was not bad going in just over three years. But I have ­discovered that it still takes too long for Openreach to sort you out in some rural areas, so hang it all, I said, and installed Starlink (prop. Elon Musk).”

Twat! I was so good at knowing everything, but I didn’t realise they had t’internet outside of London
Much of which was driven by Openreach moving to VoIP by 2025. Here, the FTTP infrastructure was installed by a private company whose name escapes me but Upp is the main company you go to - a fibre DP is in my front garden, attached to the GPO telephone DP.

Thing is... I don't *need* FTTP and gigabit speeds (or the bloody cost of it, either) and I seriously don't know anyone else who does.
Boiler wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:59 pmThing is... I don't *need* FTTP and gigabit speeds (or the bloody cost of it, either) and I seriously don't know anyone else who does.
In fairness, I don't think 20 years ago anyone needed 80 Mbps speeds either, but here we are.

As I see it, rollout of fibre to homes & businesses is a combination of (a) accepting that the current copper (and the odd aluminium) pair of lines has reach a ceiling in terms of delivering effective broadband speed upgrades beyond what is cable with VDSL2 & GFast over a certain distance, and (b) everything moving towards IP deliverly. The most manpower intensive upgrades to delivering landline speeds to customers involve getting it to customers involves whatever connects it to the network. Replacing the copper lines with optical fibre cable (either by Openreach, Virgin Media or an alt-net) is the intensive part - once they're in (provided they haven't cheaper out by using 30+ year old optical fibre cables) that is likely a once in a lifetime matter of works, with potential future speed upgrades only requiring equipment upgrades by the operator & the customer to connect to the OFC that's already in place, which is piss easy to carry out in comparison.

As for who "needs" 1Gbps download speeds, I know I certainly don't, but of the top of my head those whom have a serious home office setup (also small business settings too) as well as very serious gamers could certainly benefit from it. I see Openreach is about to trial >1Gbps speeds while a few altnets also offer similar - I know that the NW England rural alt-net B4RN will sell you a 10Gbps connection if you want it and you live in their service area.

IMHO OFC networks will be around for decades to come - wireless connections are already starting to hit very close to data limits concerning the Shannon Theorm, and the only half realistic way of overcoming this is to use wider bandwidths, which almost always means using higher frequencies, which means smaller service areas from each mast that is in service (as well as being more vulnerable to wet weather, which isn't good with our climate) - something that can already be seen with the current 5G mobile roll outs in the UK - and let's not start with what some eejits think concerning 5G!
I forgot to add - Openreach from next month (can't remember exact date) are no longer taking orders from service providers to give a POTS phone line - any landline installation, be it copper or fibre, or even just any copper line reactivation or just a change of (Internet) service provider over Openreach's network will mean that any "landline" phone service will now have to be delivered via an equivalent VOIP service, which will usually involve handsets being connected to a supplied modem/router, even for those that just want a voice-only service. This is in preparation for the complete shutdown of the POTS system by the end of 2025.
Spoonman wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:06 pm I forgot to add - Openreach from next month (can't remember exact date) are no longer taking orders from service providers to give a POTS phone line - any landline installation, be it copper or fibre, or even just any copper line reactivation or just a change of (Internet) service provider over Openreach's network will mean that any "landline" phone service will now have to be delivered via an equivalent VOIP service, which will usually involve handsets being connected to a supplied modem/router, even for those that just want a voice-only service. This is in preparation for the complete shutdown of the POTS system by the end of 2025.
Yes, was aware of this. Still very sketchy though about such things with their ONT/router as to things like existing extensions, pulse dialling, battery backup in case of power failure and burglar alarm autodiallers/lifeline pendants - my mother-in-law actually had to use her pendant in the small hours of the morning after she had a fall heading to the bathroom.

Given that 6G is in the offing (and I get emails from test equipment providers about it) it all seems to have gone very quiet about 5G...
At the end of his effort, Johnson suggests a bout of Cumbrian wrestling between him and Musk, referring to it as pankration. Problem here is that Pankration, aka the original Greek wrestling style, aka "fighting", is an all in, anything goes discipline (if you can call it that). Any other style, including "Cumbrian" (aka wear a big nappy and grab each other's shoulders) has rules and limitations, so once again he knows dick all but does know that so do his readers.
Doesn't it pretty much translate as "all strengths" or "all powers"?

I mean I've only got GCSE Irish and my knowledge of Greek legend and antiquity is mostly derived from Clutch lyrics, so what would I know?
That's it.

Nasty business. MMA with extra biting, gouging, choking and hitting with studded knuckledusters. Bone breaking...

Like Sunderland on a Friday night.

https://www.worldhistory.org/pankration/
For those who don't subscribe to Popbitch:
To the surprise of absolutely no-one, bosses at the Mail are extremely unhappy with the Boris Johnson column. They expected him to be much more petty, using the column as a platform to attack the government at every turn; creating news rather than regurgitating it. But – shock! – it's turned out to be lazy and boring.

They're currently preparing to draw straws to figure out which of them will need to take him out for lunch to politely inform him that he needs to be a lot more interesting if he wishes to continue drawing the handsome salary they're paying him.
Johnson is the right-wing equivalent of Adrian Chiles then, who writes a weekly column in the Grauniad full of similarly banal shite, courtesy of knobbing the pepper's editor.
Classic "I know he's a rip-off merchant, but he surely won't rip us off."
davidjay wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:12 am For those who don't subscribe to Popbitch:
To the surprise of absolutely no-one, bosses at the Mail are extremely unhappy with the Boris Johnson column. They expected him to be much more petty, using the column as a platform to attack the government at every turn; creating news rather than regurgitating it. But – shock! – it's turned out to be lazy and boring.

They're currently preparing to draw straws to figure out which of them will need to take him out for lunch to politely inform him that he needs to be a lot more interesting if he wishes to continue drawing the handsome salary they're paying him.

That’s not how a freelancer in the media is usually treated if you’re not pulling your weight. But Boris is one of the chaps.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]