By Youngian
Bank on Dave Fishwick is the Mail’s latest business advice guru. This arsehole wants to know how get people to work for next nothing for his property redevelopment ‘charity.’
I have an idea for a nonprofit homeless business but it would require a lot of organisations/people to work together, but I think it would be beneficial for everyone within a community.

I am not saying it is going to be easy and not entirely sure if it would work but with a lot of hard work and working together I am sure it is something that can be done.

So in a nutshell the idea is to buy empty properties, renovate them by maybe using unemployed, low skilled, ex offenders, young people who have left school early etc Thus turning unsightly buildings back into homes. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/entre ... plies.html
This is essentially Dave’s answer to all queries
Dave Fishwick, This Is Money’s business doctor replies: I think it's a great idea…

Or Dave’s accountancy advice to this skinflint is think yourself lucky you tight fucker
Recent tax rises seem unfair on small businesses - how can I reduce what I pay on my painting and decorating business?

I've heard the rate of tax on businesses has been increased to 25 per cent as of the start of this tax year.

Is this something that will affect me, and is there any way to reduce the tax I owe?

Such a rise doesn't seem fair on small businesses, many of which are already struggling at the moment.

I've been in business for years and have plenty of loyal customers in my local area, but some tell me that they are reducing their budgets or putting off renovations due to the rising cost of living, so I am keen to reduce my costs where possible.

Dave Fishwick, This Is Money's business doctor replies: Whilst you are partly correct, the 25 per cent rate only affects profits above £50,000.

The rate below that remains the same, at 19 per cent. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/small ... plies.html
By Andy McDandy
I love how he shoehorned in a gripe about bloody kids on their phones not wanting to do an honest day's work, while reminding the punter that he does have to pay and train the people he recruits.

Friends of ours in Bury live near some houses that have been bought by a local college, and are used to train apprentices doing construction work. They say that despite the houses being now fully renovated and ready to sell, there are still locals complaining about the young men hanging around and having lunches. How Mail Land would react to a gang of ex-YOI lads, I think we can guess.
mattomac liked this
By Crabcakes
Usual Mail gibberish: wanting something for next to nothing, produced by skilled, classy people who you barely even notice are there, no doubt powered by energy generated only by mechanisms sited far away where poor people live and with a lovely quaint corner shop and pub nearby that they will never visit but also demand stay open and offer a dazzling array of cheap but excellent goods.
Spoonman, mattomac liked this
By MisterMuncher
The usual attitude that any job that involves jeans and a pencil behind the ear cam be knocked out by any chump off the street. A notion one can disprove by visiting A&E the week after Screwfix have a sale.

It will certainly be a non-profit enterprise the first time he had to pay the premiums on his public and employers liability insurance. Doubly so when building control get a sniff of it, and trebly when he needs to pay proper trades to put it right.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Youngian
Abernathy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:22 pm Is Dave Fishwick the bloke that set up The Bank of Dave?
That’s him, a great case study for media students to show the difference between documentary and drama to tell a truth. I stopped recommending the doc to people who think the fantasy film is a record of events. As it lays into the greed and ineptitude of the banking sector so it’s accurate in essence. In real life Dave just filled in a form to open a S&L credit union.
By RedSparrows
Youngian wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 1:55 pm
Abernathy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 12:22 pm Is Dave Fishwick the bloke that set up The Bank of Dave?
That’s him, a great case study for media students to show the difference between documentary and drama to tell a truth. I stopped recommending the doc to people who think the fantasy film is a record of events. As it lays into the greed and ineptitude of the banking sector so it’s accurate in essence. In real life Dave just filled in a form to open a S&L credit union.
I've not seen the film, only a clip. But in the clip Snooty London Bank People were being SO Snooty London Bank People it just put me right off. Really bored of Nobbut'a Lad (round faced, unassuming, slightly shabby, a bit of a one) taking on The Elite (suited, hook-lipped, out of touch). IT'S SO OLD.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]