:sunglasses: 22.7 % :laughing: 63.6 % :cry: 4.5 % :🤗 9.1 %
By Andy McDandy
Today it's microagressions. Again, paywalled, but I'm guessing it's something like this:

Never heard of them, anyone taking offence is a delicate little snowflake, probably a woman or a gay, working from home, sofa, hobnobs, diversity officers, taxpayers money, blah.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... views.html

Proxy viewer: https://12ft.io/proxy - just paste the original URL in.

Football gone woke part 94. Woman banned from Newcastle United for transphobia. NUFC owner is Saudi, they don't like the gayz, FIFA are corrupt, Qatar world cup, rainbow laces, taking the knee, haven't the police got real crimes to investigate, blah.

Now, I suspect there's more to this than meets the eye, but a quick search only seems to show up articles and comments from right-wing outlets, 'Christian' lobbyists, and the likes of Toby Young and David Icke. Downvoted comments on the article suggest that the fan in question went a bit further than the article implies.
By AOB
It's an odd case that. There must be more to it like you say, Andy. From the only details available it does seem far fetched that someone expressing that view would be arrested, never mind banned by Newcastle of all clubs (with their ownership). The story will either vanish completely or we'll be given the whole story.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... e-got.html

The police in the firing line for not enforcing the law. Overlooking a few facts, like the 'crimes' being small and trivial, police resources stretched too thin, a backlog of cases in the courts, and no room in prisons. What does he want? Plod giving the hairies a good shoeing in the cells?

Well, yes.

In the comments is this 'genius', sharing their wisdom:
Policing by "consent" is the latest smoke screen... Wild West culture, police hindered by total unsustainable recruits and prisons camper than Christmas elf's
Policing by consent was the brainchild of, erm, Robert Peel back in the 1840s. As for the rest, barely disguised homophobia aside, I suspect what they want is actual wild west culture* - of the "give him a fair trial and then hang him" variety.

Cunts the lot of 'em.

*And yes I know that the concept of the wild west was pretty much invented by Hollywood and dime store writers, and that for the most part it was rather boring and law-abiding. But as John Ford said, given the choice between the truth and the legend, print the legend.
By Killer Whale
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:44 am *And yes I know that the concept of the wild west was pretty much invented by Hollywood and dime store writers, and that for the most part it was rather boring and law-abiding. But as John Ford said, given the choice between the truth and the legend, print the legend.
I think we underestimate the influence of, particularly American, popular culture on the way we understand the world. I'm convinced that many conspiracy theorists believe in the convoluted plot-lines of their own making simply because they reflect the way that narratives develop in Hollywood thrillers.
By RedSparrows
I've not read it and really should, but isn't this also what that there Baudrillard was on about, to some extent? That the difference between reality and representations of reality becomes so blurred both vanish, and what's left is a weird hyperreality - in my head a kind of fever dream where there is no difference.

A key facet of the conspiracist, just as with Tucker Carlson and 'truth', is just how utterly uncritical the critical thinking is. There's no conception of the self being adrift in a world of chaos, although that's surely why they are the way they are. If that makes sense....
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/columnists/ ... ident.html

Double dose today - first a hatchet job on Biden that's pretty much what you'd expect. No real insight, just a list of things in the public domain.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... armer.html

Second, Labour antisemitism. Obviously too late for the latest news on the issue, but how best to sum it up? Oh yes, there's too many Muslims and they're all nonces.

Cunt.

Edit - some fucking genius in the best rated comments said:
People who are not born here should not be allowed political power of any sort, nor should be allowed in the civil service or work in councils.
Others were quick to bring up a certain Mr Johnson in the replies.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... rists.html

Fuck me but he's milking this shit for all it's worth. Boil it all down and what you're left with is:

1. They're letting the wogs be judges now.
2. Kicking down in the cells, that's proper justice.

Highest rated comments are toxic waste. Cunts, the lot of 'em.
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ctive.html

Cuntishness in spades today. Basically, the usual anti-working from home screed, hobnobs and Bargain Hunt and so on, all to do with 'lazy millennials', insinuations that mental health is all a big scam, amazement that since he stopped covering trade union news in the 70s, some new organisations have come into being, a few London 'characters' he claims to have met, and why can't we round up a few idle kids and put them to work? Comments are a mix of wankers doing the Four Yorkshiremen in varying shades of seriousness, and idiots of all flavours.
By davidjay
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:40 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ctive.html

Cuntishness in spades today. Basically, the usual anti-working from home screed, hobnobs and Bargain Hunt and so on, all to do with 'lazy millennials', insinuations that mental health is all a big scam, amazement that since he stopped covering trade union news in the 70s, some new organisations have come into being, a few London 'characters' he claims to have met, and why can't we round up a few idle kids and put them to work? Comments are a mix of wankers doing the Four Yorkshiremen in varying shades of seriousness, and idiots of all flavours.
Charity begins at home...
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:31 pm
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:40 am https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... ctive.html

Charity begins at home...
And that's why Richard's annual Gammonthon's cause is the Florida self-injured gun owner's support fund.
By Killer Whale
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:40 am Basically, the usual anti-working from home screed, hobnobs and Bargain Hunt and so on, all to do with 'lazy millennials'
I actually read a letter in one of the papers over here (Western Mail, probably) that said that workers had a duty to waste time in pollution driving into Cardiff and back, or sat crushed in trains, in order to keep shops open.
If you suggested to some of these people that we could save the Port Talbot steel works by everyone standing around doing fuck all for two hours a day and paying for the privilege, I wonder what they might say.
By Andy McDandy
Back in 1984, miners were told they would be digging for mud in worked out pits, and should retrain for new jobs. Same for steel workers, local government employees, and every other area of work that's been through upheaval in the last few years. So why the massive and sudden concern over the poor sandwich sellers?

Same as when in the 80s and 90s, high streets dried up as out of town shopping malls sprang up, where was the concern then?

We know the answers. Inner city property portfolios. What's depressing is how many people still can't (or won't) see it.
Spoonman liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... -Gaza.html

More Gaza wank, and to be fair, making many of the same points that have been made here, that it's showboating and point scoring and won't change anything on the ground. But then he turns it into a standard attack on "the left", accusing us all of being terrorist sympathisers and the real fascists, and TBH he can fuck himself.
Spoonman liked this
By Andy McDandy
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... s-mob.html

Dickie argues that pro-Palestine protests have tested British tolerance to destruction. Man's a cunt.

First off, how dare he, a Mail columnist - a Mail columnist - start going on about how welcoming and tolerant* the British people are, when he's made a fucking career out of stirring up shit? Second, whenever parliament has done something he's disapproved of, he's been the first out of the traps calling for heads on pikes and hang the lot of 'em. So now to bleat about the sanctity of the home of democracy, just no. Third, his weaselly 'defence' of Sadiq Khan - basically "I don't think he's any more in thrall to Islamic extremists than he is to any other band of nutters". Just fuck off again.

Fourth, have a look at this bit:
London has never been a sea of tranquility. In recent decades there have been armed sieges at the Iranian and Libyan embassies, marches against every conflict from Vietnam to Afghanistan. We’ve survived IRA and Islamist bombing campaigns.

On the domestic front, we’ve experienced poll tax and race riots, rowdy demonstrations against Brexit, nuclear weapons and the closure of coal mines.
Muslim, lefty, Muslim, lefty, ambiguous, lefty, lefty, lefty. He can't even bring himself to say that his fucking (and I'm sure unwanted by him) fan club have a tendency to smash things (and people) up. Fifth and finally, his 'solution' to the entire thing is predictably to urge the police to get busy with the nightsticks, and hand out some very rough 'justice' (and while they're at it, give the hippies a kicking too).

Oh, sorry, 5.5th, have a look at this:
In Ilford North, an independent Islamic candidate Leanne Mohamad is standing against Streeting, Labour’s health spokesman.

She is tapping in to genuine pro-Palestinian, not Hamas, sympathies but completely oversteps the mark by claiming: ‘The Muslim community is united. We are a powerful, united force of four million acting in unison.’

I don’t believe for a moment that Leanne Mohamad speaks for all Muslims any more than Lee Anderson represents the whole of Middle England.
So he finally finds an individual he can name, and is suddenly very careful to do his old Gareth Pierce trick - "not that I'm accusing this one named person of anything" - the fucking coward, making sure he won't get into another Lucy Meadows situation.

CUNT

*There's something about the word "tolerant" - first, the implication of "I'll tolerate this - for now". Second, "tolerant British" subtly reinforces the idea that those who have moved here, or are descended from those who have, can never really be fully British.
By Killer Whale
Andy McDandy wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 9:02 am Muslim, lefty, Muslim, lefty, ambiguous, lefty, lefty, lefty. He can't even bring himself to say that his fucking (and I'm sure unwanted by him) fan club have a tendency to smash things (and people) up.
Indeed. Completely forgets about recent anti ULEZ and traffic-calming disturbances, and before that the gammons-in-hi-viz get-Brexit-done-however-shit demos on Parliament Square. Disingenuous.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]