:sunglasses: 23.1 % :pray: 7.7 % :laughing: 69.2 %
By The Weeping Angel
Youngian wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:56 am
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:49 pm

It won't be any of those things will it?
So Brexit was a debate about ‘membership of an economic trading bloc.’ A statement both Remainers and Brexiters would pick apart so that’s a good start on unifying your audience. Meanwhile Gloria DiPiero believes some views were considered more ‘important than others’ during the Brexit debate. I seem to recall Nadine Dorries and Ian Duncan Smith’s views on international trade were given equal importance to the head of the WTO. Hope they do a science programme live from CERN in which Gloria De Piero gives her equally important views to Professor Brian Cox on quantum physics.
I recall the endless vox pops of leave voters where journos would go to left behind areas interview a couple of pensioners and proclaim them as the voice of the people.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Samanfur
As I've said before: the voice of the people has a distinct habit of being the voice of the contents of a Wetherspoons.

In Bolton.

At 2pm.

On a weekday.
By Andy McDandy
Anyway, Neil Oliver? Surely he is the opposite of news? What he does is olds.

On the left behind vox pops, I suspect that there's a touch of "quick, interview someone and get out of here before we catch something" about it.
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:35 pm Anyway, Neil Oliver? Surely he is the opposite of news? What he does is olds.

On the left behind vox pops, I suspect that there's a touch of "quick, interview someone and get out of here before we catch something" about it.
Just having English presenters to guffaw at Andrew Neil’s snide remarks about Sturgeon and indy isn’t a good look for a station called GBNews.
By Bones McCoy
The All New KevS wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:46 pm Me: "Now now, let's give GBNews a chance, it sounds like it's not aimed at me, but new ideas and all that."

8:03pm Notes the first use of the phrase "cancel culture"

8:07pm Notes that at 9pm, Dan Wootton is in conversation with Lord Sugar

Also me: "Nope. See ya." (Puts Holland match on)
You chose wisely.
Great match for the neutral fan.
By Andy McDandy
The reviews are in. It appears that we may have missed out on some comedy gold.

Apparently lots of recognisable media people telling viewers that they weren't part of the media, that they were going to cover the stories that matter to you and are ignored by the London media (before another polemic about some cancel culture incident of no impact on anyone outside the London media bubble), and not much actual news.

The Indy points out that the BBC does an admirable job of covering non-London uplifting local news, but of course that's not the point. "News that matters to you outside the London media bubble" doesn't mean stuff of genuine interest or use to people in Berwick or Bude, but "here's a take that we think you want, you ignorant provincial git".

Technical ineptitude and boring content aside, that's the real problem with it. It comes from a very bad faith argument built on knowingly false assumptions, that will end up appealing to nobody.
By Bones McCoy
I'm afraid it will appeal to somebody, and we're likely to find ourselves with a locked in bubble of Grandma Karen and Grandpa Ken types.

Family Christmas is about to get far grimmer, as the kids can't watch the James Bond movie because they are forced to watch Carol Malone's broadcast to the nation.
Merry Christmas that the MSM have failed to ban again.
I bring you glad tidings of straight talking and common sense.
Mary, Joseph and the Baby Jesus were travelling to Bethlehem because lockdowns don't work.
RandomElement liked this
By Youngian
Apparently lots of recognisable media people telling viewers that they weren't part of the media, that they were going to cover the stories that matter to you and are ignored by the London media (before another polemic about some cancel culture incident of no impact on anyone outside the London media bubble), and not much actual news.

Neil was ranting in his monologue about stamping out identity politics. This has never been a topic of conversation on Points West or Look East. Neil and his colleagues will be droning on about little else on their grim enterprise.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]