:sunglasses: 23.1 % :pray: 7.7 % :laughing: 69.2 %
By satnav
A couple of years ago SkyNews set up a Thursday night show called the Pledge which had lots of right wing commentators such as Carole Malone and Nick Ferrari and Michelle Dewberry with the likes as Rachel Johnson and Afua Hirsch supposedly providing balance. The show lasted about a year before being dropped presumably because it wasn't pulling in the viewers.

Andrew Neil appears to have created an entire news channel along the lines of The Pledge and hopefully it will go the same way as the Pledge.

Ferrari, Malone and Dan Wootton may well go down well with the Talk Radio crowd but I'm not sure that they really appeal to TV audiences.
By Youngian
Ferrari, Malone and Dan Wootton may well go down well with the Talk Radio crowd but I'm not sure that they really appeal to TV audiences.

Radio is cheaper to produce so doesn’t need such large audience figures. Murdoch found out with Sky that you couldn’t cut and paste a tabloid model onto British TV. Expectations are higher and even the least media savvy viewers find cheap production values irksome. It all depends on the audience figures GBNews can survive on.
Its not big or funny, warns ex-BBC man who traded his former career for a dumpster fire
By Malcolm Armsteen
From Popbitch:

>> Big Quesions <<
A GB News special

Which GB News host once spent the night in the clink after the police were called to cool down a domestic dispute?

Which GB News host was once locked in their dressing room by bosses at a previous job as they were visibly far too hammered to appear on camera?

Which GB News host once used a catfish profile on a dating site?

Which GB News host was once described by an admiring crew member as so hard-living he "hadn't seen anyone that fucked since my days touring with Joe Cocker in the 60s... and he had an arm full of heroin"?
By Andy McDandy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:05 pm From Popbitch:

>> Big Quesions <<
A GB News special

Which GB News host once spent the night in the clink after the police were called to cool down a domestic dispute?

Which GB News host was once locked in their dressing room by bosses at a previous job as they were visibly far too hammered to appear on camera?

Which GB News host once used a catfish profile on a dating site?

Which GB News host was once described by an admiring crew member as so hard-living he "hadn't seen anyone that fucked since my days touring with Joe Cocker in the 60s... and he had an arm full of heroin"?
My money's on Dewberry and McCoy for 1 and 2. Not sure about the others, but the idea of Andrew Neill high on the horse is now lodged in my brain. Oh yes, Wootton for 3.
By Tubby Isaacs
This is first night of Central South standard.

If you haven't seen the Central South 1989 disaster, it's worth a couple of minutes of your time.

Live from.... Abingdon. Which is such an unimportant place that the viewers, all local, had to be told which county it's in. Also a classic of the "local angle on a disaster" genre (fair enough with the dead guy from Coleford, but the stewardess from Aylesbury getting cuts and bruises?)

I'm pleased to say the show (and its presenters) recovered from this disaster.
By Crabcakes
If there's one thing people* replying to criticism/pisstakes of GB news keep insisting, it's that those taking them to task/taking the piss are only doing so because they're scared of it being so disruptive - and definitely *not* because it's both very dodgy in parts and hilariously shit.

See also: Corbyn, J.

*I say people. I mean shills, trolls and suck-ups.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]