:sunglasses: 23.1 % :pray: 7.7 % :laughing: 69.2 %
By Boiler
Allocated channel 236 on Freeview.
GB News is set to launch later this year in direct competition to the BBC and Sky - and has now appeared on Freeview ahead of its launch.

The broadcaster will be on Freeview channel 236 and will talk about current affairs including a "wokewatch" and "mediawatch" segment.
Don't forget to forget to retune your devices.
By MisterMuncher
Boiler wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:23 pm Allocated channel 236 on Freeview.
GB News is set to launch later this year in direct competition to the BBC and Sky - and has now appeared on Freeview ahead of its launch.

The broadcaster will be on Freeview channel 236 and will talk about current affairs including a "wokewatch" and "mediawatch" segment.
Don't forget to forget to retune your devices.
I'll be grand, thanks!
By RedSparrows
Curious how he makes a point of observing GB News' diversity, and of how outrageous it is that, in effect, audience preference sees talent go under (e.g. older women being pushed off, whilst older men are not).

Sounds pretty woke to me. Almost as if this is a parade of bullshit cavorting around the balsa-wood totem that is 'repression', cos the British media is so obviously in thrall to a cabal of communists (is this right boss?) in, uh... the M25 (check this for me, junior, I'm off for a lunch at the Southbank). P.S. I'd rather we didn't talk about colonialism/arms sales/Tory corruption or other such things, they're not seemly.
Youngian, Nigredo, Amazonian liked this
By Andy McDandy
Similar to the attitudes of some on the right re. "green" policies - "oh yes, we make do and mend, keep Britain tidy, clean for the Queen, sort everything into the right bins, upcycle whenever possible, try to source things ethically, but we're not bloody greenies or hippies, right?".
By Youngian
Essentially a trophy bride topping up the retirement pot like Barry Norman film revieiwng on Sky. Pitiful if this is the best press pitch GBNews can write for someone like Stewart who had a long frontline TV news career. And used to make a few bob on the side presenting compilations of police CCTV car crash videos. Sound like his new job.
By Youngian
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:49 pm

It won't be any of those things will it?
So Brexit was a debate about ‘membership of an economic trading bloc.’ A statement both Remainers and Brexiters would pick apart so that’s a good start on unifying your audience. Meanwhile Gloria DiPiero believes some views were considered more ‘important than others’ during the Brexit debate. I seem to recall Nadine Dorries and Ian Duncan Smith’s views on international trade were given equal importance to the head of the WTO. Hope they do a science programme live from CERN in which Gloria De Piero gives her equally important views to Professor Brian Cox on quantum physics.
By Youngian
Samanfur wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 7:53 pm From Mr. Fenton:

GB News - Fans Not Happy
Not much evidence of their promise get out among the regions. Will Dewbs be out in her wellies interviewing Cumbrian sheep farmers at 6am?
That originality extends to some of the programmes you will be able to see on the new channel, such as “Dewbs & Co” (not “Varney & Co” then), “Alastair Stewart & Friends” (not “Fox and Friends”, then), “Tonight Live with Dan Wootton” (not “Tucker Carlson Tonight” then), “Free Speech Nation” (not “Fox Nation”, then), “DePiero and Halligan” (not “Hannity and Colmes”, then) and “The Great British Breakfast” (not “The Big Breakfast”, then).
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 9:21 am Why spend money on outside broadcasts when you can just get a sofa, a few rentagobs, and shuffle everyone around and change the logo every hour or so?
Looks cheaper than the Wright Stuff but more lavish than Wayne’s World.

I’d watch a news channel that amalgamated the best of regional and local news on a national platform. But that’s not remotely what GBeebies has in mind, of course.

Will they draft Chris Evans in for the Great British Breakfast? With Neil as his humiliated sidekick (see Henry from Drop the Dead Donkey who thought he’d be cool with the kids with this gig).
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]