:sunglasses: 23.1 % :pray: 7.7 % :laughing: 69.2 %
By satnav
Last night Jacob Rees-Mogg was interviewing his sister on the subject of foreign workers driving down wages in this country. I seem to remember a few years ago the pair of them were in dispute over who could have ownership of the family nanny, a woman who is currently still working in her 80's. Would be interesting to know how much they are paying the nanny.
By Andy McDandy
My local barbers is run by a group of Albanian brothers who own 3 or 4 hairdressing places around Lancaster. TBH I'd not be surprised if there's some naughtiness going on under the counter, but in the meantime I'll enjoy their friendly service, reasonable pricing and excellent facial topiary skills.
By Bones McCoy
Once you have a business, there's scope for a whole second set of bank accounts, credit cards, phones and the like.
That certainly doesn't imply criminality in any way.
But for the criminally inclined it provides opportunities.

Make it a predominantly cash business.
Consider the relatively weak regulation on loans between company and director, and it doesn't require a rocket surgeon.

A motivated family, with multiple businesses, is a bit more of a challenge to maintain.
A lot of petty laundering gets caught at this point, but a qualified concierge can help to hide this.
Done well, it's also a bugger for the authorities to detect and then prosecute.
By satnav
As usual the GB News poll is very misleading. The competition to find pieces of sculpture for the fourth plinth have been on-going for over 20 years. It has been an opportunity for a number of sculptures to showcase their work to millions of people.
Whilst I'm sure lots of people would like to see Queen Elizabeth on the plinth, having a permanent piece of artwork on the plinth wouldn't really serve much of a purpose. It would probably attract a lot of visitors in year one but after that the novelty would soon wear off.
By soulboy
Bones McCoy wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:31 am How about a casting of Eamonn Holmes dumping Taylor Swift.

The inscription will explain
I don't have time to date you, Taylor.
I'm too busy with my SAS work and collecting my Nobel prize.
The question remains, can the nation afford that much bronze?
You forgot playing centre forward for Manchester United. Or was that Paul Nuttall?
By Andy McDandy
Paul Nuttles of the YewKips made a few dodgy claims:
Nuttall stood as a UKIP candidate for the 2017 Stoke-on-Trent Central by-election. His campaign was compromised by his various questionable claims: that he was present and "lost close personal friends" at the Hillsborough disaster, that he had a PhD, had been on the board of directors at a vocational training charity, and had been a footballer for Tranmere Rovers, all of which emerged to be untrue. He has been investigated for possibly fraudulent claims that he was living in a house in Stoke-on-Trent, which was discovered to be empty and still advertised to rent, when he filed his nomination papers.
By Youngian
slilley wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 pm I see Jacob last night devoted a section of his programme to milk claiming only liberals drink skimmed milk and you can nourish your inner Tory with full cream milk.

Good to know he has his finger on the pulse of the really important issues of the day
If that creepy prick provides the next election’s Portillo moment, he’ll follow him by being handed a TV career as a travelogue presenter. Preferably on daytime telly.
By davidjay
slilley wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 pm I see Jacob last night devoted a section of his programme to milk claiming only liberals drink skimmed milk and you can nourish your inner Tory with full cream milk.

Good to know he has his finger on the pulse of the really important issues of the day
It's the MAGA soy boy bollocks heading over here. He'll be calling Starmer a cuck next.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]