:sunglasses: 23.1 % :pray: 7.7 % :laughing: 69.2 %
By davidjay
satnav wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:36 pm I thought Boris Johnson was meant to be joining GB News. His arrival was announced back in October 2023 but nothing else as been mentioned since. Has Boris decided that the channel is too toxic for his brand or has somebody made him a better offer?
He's not going to sully himself with minority audiences.
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 10:36 pm I thought Boris Johnson was meant to be joining GB News. His arrival was announced back in October 2023 but nothing else as been mentioned since. Has Boris decided that the channel is too toxic for his brand or has somebody made him a better offer?
Maybe Johnson’s too toxic for the channel after someone from the Mail showed his readership figures and how much he costs per reader. Bozo’s pitched his flag firmly on the right, it doesn’t look like he’s heading for the mainstream.
By Watchman
He’s probably banked the “signing on” fee, and they, in their rush to get him, gave such a stupid contract he’s taking the money for doing fuck all (as per), and now they realise how stupid they will look if they made a fuss
Dalem Lake liked this
By Bones McCoy
Does GB News need Johnson?
Does Boris need Gbeebies?

Much depends on Johnson's future plans.

If he was set on further roles in high office, there might be some scope for Gbeebies.
Being the serious voice (amid all the clowns) with a weekly marquee show could consolidate another support base.
The gammons and Karens who watch and are drifting to Tice and Farage.
He might even draw in a few serious conservatives who'd avoid the Gbeebies nonsense, but tune in for the thoughts of chairman Boris.

But this seems a lot of hard work for the "funtime Boris" we've come to know and detest.
All for pocket money compared to his other financial interests.
That funtime Boris looking for maximum pay and minimum effort has bigger and better avenues to pursue.
US Republican adjacent interests - without the fash coding of Lettuce Liz's recent outing.
Highly paid talks to think tanks and their minions.

Beyond that, he seems to attract a lot of "soft loans" from shady businessmen.
So isn't short of a bob or two.
A cynic might wonder whether these are thank you gifts for the service he rendered as PM.
By Andy McDandy
Gbeebies seems to be a media training ground for Tory MPs. Deep pockets to hire whoever they want, and the oft-mentioned foot in the door.

There's something I can't quite identify there, but it's something very sinister.
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2024 12:38 pm Gbeebies seems to be a media training ground for Tory MPs. Deep pockets to hire whoever they want, and the oft-mentioned foot in the door.

There's something I can't quite identify there, but it's something very sinister.
Perhaps a variation.

GB news being the ratline.
Hardline tories groomed and platformed before flipping to one of the "R class" fringe parties.

A gun at the head of the tories, in case they seem like "going wet".
An echo chamber for all things gammon.

One wonders how ling a gulf-state resident owner can maintain the flood of anti-muslim rhetoric..
I figure that somebody local might take an interest in "People coming over here, undermining our culture".
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]