:pray: 50 % :laughing: 25 % :cry: 12.5 % :🤗 12.5 %
By Boiler
Fenton on Nawaz's latest pronouncements:

https://zelo-street.blogspot.com/2021/1 ... r-lbc.html

“Despite this SPIKE in all-cause MORTALITY, potential for SIDE EFFECTS & danger of creating vaccine RESISTANT STRAINS through mass vaccination during a pandemic, government wants to MANDATE, while Big Pharma is IMMUNE from ANY consequences. YOU KNOW SOMETHING’S WRONG”. It’s like a Sun editorial, where the bits you HAVE TO READ are in CAPITALS so you KNOW they’re VERY IMPORTANT. But do go on.

“Based on my above - I believe, fully scientific & verified - CONCERNS around potential for CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY, I have had no choice but to become a CONSCIENTIOUS OBJECTOR in #solidarity with the UNVACCINATED. I will NOT be getting any BOOSTERS”. And it was that outburst to which Dale took exception.
By davidjay
Rosvanian wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:56 pm I don't know much about the bloke and have never listened to LBC. Why would anyone think that his opinion on the matter carried any weight?
It doesn't, but unfortunately he is a name and he has a platform. He's so desperate to be friends with the crackpot neo-cons it's almost laughable.
By Malcolm Armsteen
All of these voices matter, because someone, somewhere takes them at their word and the truth dies a little.

I was told yesterday, authoritatively, by my Brexiter brother-in-law that most of the people in hospital 'with Covid' are in fact suffering from something else and the Covid is incidental. That is a meme taken direct from these screwballs (I think that one may also have been in the Mail, which he treats a bit like my parents treated the Encyclopaedia Britannica).
By Rosvanian
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:32 pm All of these voices matter, because someone, somewhere takes them at their word and the truth dies a little.

I was told yesterday, authoritatively, by my Brexiter brother-in-law that most of the people in hospital 'with Covid' are in fact suffering from something else and the Covid is incidental. That is a meme taken direct from these screwballs (I think that one may also have been in the Mail, which he treats a bit like my parents treated the Encyclopaedia Britannica).
Firstly, apologies for inadvertently down voting your post (I'm new here so haven't quite got the hang of this).

My main point is that as an NHS employee with 'inside knowledge', I'm fascinated about how and why someone would think like your brother-in-law does. Why does he think that is rational? ( I don't expect you to know that!)
By Malcolm Armsteen
I chatted to Mrs A about this.

In no particular order:
  • He's 84 years old and he's been a conformist all his life.
    He is thoroughly racist. Voted for Brexit because of da immigrants.
    He is pretty well uneducated, he has never had his consciousness expanded by HE or study..
    He is 'self-made' - he actually made his money working abroad...
    He has never read a book in his life.
    He grew up in a family where the Mail was the main source of news (so did Mrs A but she got the brains in the family)
    He has a self-reinforcing bubble of friends.
Pretty standard.
By MisterMuncher
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 6:32 pm All of these voices matter, because someone, somewhere takes them at their word and the truth dies a little.

It's weird how they're absolutely certain no one who dies after being infected with COVID-19 dies of COVID-19, but anyone who does after getting a vaccine definitely died because of that.

Post hoc ergo it depends
By Youngian
davidjay wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 1:04 pm LBC are doing themselves no favours giving this man a platform.
Giving fellow presenter Iain Dale a free pass to attack Maajid doesn’t balance the scales. Pity he wasn’t fired as LBC has stepped up with even Ferrari fading out antivax nonsense.
mattomac liked this
By Abernathy
Briefly turned on LBC this morning after the Today programme finished at 9am to hear Ferrari (yes, I know) interviewing the former soldier "Colonel" Tim Collins on the apparently controversial subject of whether or not Tony Blair should be knighted.

Collins is (disproportionately, in my view) famous for delivering a rather fatuous, platitude-packed "eve of war" speech to some of the troops under his command at the start of the USA/British invasion of Iraq in 2003. Part of his speech runs thus :

[Regarding the use by Saddam of chemical or biological weapons] "It is not a question of if, it's a question of when. We know he has already devolved the decision to lower commanders, and that means he has already taken the decision himself. If we survive the first strike we will survive the attack."

"There are some who are alive at this moment who will not be alive shortly. Those who do not wish to go on that journey, we will not send. As for the others I expect you to rock their world. Wipe them out if that is what they choose. But if you are ferocious in battle remember to be magnanimous in victory."

Anyway, for some bizarre reason, Collins' opinion was being sought on whether Blair deserves his knighthood from the Queen or not. In summary, he opined that Blair did not, because he had attempted to "sideline" the monarch during his premiership and "displace" her with himself and Cherie, that he deserved no credit for the peace agreement in Northern Ireland because it was entirely the work of John Major, and that his decision to join the invasion of Iraq was (and my jaw was by this time on the floor) "an act of vanity".

Why is this transparent, hypocritical charlatan given any air-time at all? (I mean Collins, but I'd be ecstatic if Ferrari were permanently removed from all media).
Shocking stuff.
By Cyclist
because he had attempted to "sideline" the monarch during his premiership and "displace" her with himself and Cherie,
Er... Wasn't it the tabloids who were all over the Blairs, making them personally the main story, and pushing all of that absolutely fascinating detail about what Brenda is wearing today into the inner pages, or even onto the editor's spike? I know Tony, sorry, Sir Tony, was never backwards at pushing himself forwards, but for quite some time he and Cherie did have a willing pack of sycophants in the press.

Still. Tim Collins, eh? What a man. A real soldier's soldier, an' all that.

Are they still fawning over that pillock?
By Andy McDandy
Collins who was courted by both the Tories and UUP as a prospective MP, and briefly ran as a PCC candidate for the Tories?

As for sidelining the queen, I give you as exhibit A the current pair in Downing Street.
kreuzberger, Spoonman, Abernathy and 1 others liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]