:laughing: 50 % :cry: 25 % :🤗 25 %
By Nigredo
Oboogie wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:06 am Wes Streeting standing in for James O'Brien on LBC now.
Rachel Reeves today.

EDIT: And only a chance to LARP as Big Winnie could convince the pork haystack to spend a weekend away from Chequers. Fuck off Iain Dale.
Oboogie liked this
By Nigredo
Nigredo wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:05 am
Oboogie wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:06 am Wes Streeting standing in for James O'Brien on LBC now.
Rachel Reeves today.

EDIT: And only a chance to LARP as Big Winnie could convince the pork haystack to spend a weekend away from Chequers. Fuck off Iain Dale.
David Lammy today, going in hard on the partying pork haystack.
By Abernathy
Here in sunny Crete, which today is strangely cool, overcast, and cloudy, I made the mistake of listening to Ferrari this morning. Much of his programme was taken up by discussion of a story about a police Superintendent in Cambridgeshire, who had been on duty policing a Pride event in Ely at the weekend, and had been wearing a customised police helmet in rainbow LGBT colours as a gesture of support for the community he was providing police support for. See story here: https://www.thelondoneconomic.com/must- ... et-156240/. Now, to any reasonable human, this is a positive, uplifting happy and wholly unobjectionable story, not unlike the traditional photo taken every year at the carnival in Notting Hill of a nubile black carnival dancer sporting the borrowed helmet of a friendly bobby as they both have a bit of a jig to the groovy carnival music- a smashing symbol of police solidarity with the community.

Not in Ferrari’s hands. It was quite remarkable to listen to the way that he quite deliberately whipped up totally confected outrage at this obscene adulteration of the bobbie’s helmet (oo-err), conveniently (for his purposes) ignoring the fact that this officer was wearing the rainbow helmet purely as a one-off for the Pride event, and allowing the gammonate numpties ringing in to express outrage to infer that the bobby was wearing his LGBT helmet every fucking day. He even had one arsehole on who, declaring himself a devout christian, suggested that christian bobbies should therefore be allowed to sport helmets painted with a crucifix.

Quite unbelievable. But this is what Ferrari does -tabloid radio, whipping up totally unjustified and outraged anger among the hard -of-thinking gammonati. Quite deliberately. He is quite repugnant. I often wonder just how hard James O’Brien, who follows Ferrari’s show, has to bite his tongue during the handover.
By Andy McDandy
It's what he does - fill the space and cause controversy to flog advertising space. Sane, rational people don't call talk radio. They've got better things to do. Rational discussion isn't "entertaining" anyway. So you get the lonely, sad, and mad calling in. They have nobody else to talk to, just an echo chamber constantly reinforcing their view that the country is headed into terminal decline. Ignore them.
By Abernathy
Another thing that is deeply annoying about Ferrari. It’s the way that he always introduces a guest, then right away poses a (often detailed) question to them, then tags on a “good morning” at the end of it. The guest then has to hurriedly return the appended greeting in accordance with politeness, and has to answer the question wrong-footed and flustered. Normal radio presenters greet their guests first, then, once they are comfortable, begin putting questions to them. This might be a deliberate tactic, or just part and parcel of the fat Swiss cunt’s habitual modus operandi. But it’s fucking annoying.
By Nigredo
soulboy wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 7:23 pm My wife was in that there London today and saw Nick Ferrari on the tube. She neglected to double cunt him out.

Not divorce-worthy but should I suggest the spare room tonight? If only because of the stench of gammon?
Answer me this at least;

Was Ferrari manspreading over multiple seats like I expect the corpulent slog would?
By Nigredo
Caller into LBC just now to say Boris is still the man for the job and whinging about Keir Starmer being out of touch, no citable examples or follow up thought applied to either of those positions of course. I really do wonder why people bother phoning, I don't think James O'Brien is unreasonably inflammatory.
Oboogie, mattomac liked this
By Andy McDandy
You know the old saying that no battle plan survives contact with the enemy? Usually attributed to Wellington, or Mike Tyson, or Julius Caesar.

Similarly, arguments play out perfectly in your own head.

On a side note, it's not unknown for talk radio researchers to filter out callers who seem to know a lot about a subject and are likely to show up the presenter*. Just like vox pops on TV, the secret is to make every listener think they're in on the joke and everyone else is a moron.

*Someone who explains an issue and illuminates the presenter/audience is fine. Someone who comes on, demolishes the entire argument/case, and the very grounds for discussing it, is not.
By Oboogie
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:54 am You know the old saying that no battle plan survives contact with the enemy? Usually attributed to Wellington, or Mike Tyson, or Julius Caesar.
I've heard it attributed to Montgomery talking about the Battle of Normandy but he may have been quoting somebody else.
By MisterMuncher
This is what happens when you confront the entrenched with verifiable facts in front of their eyes.

Reason will not get you out of what reason didn't get you into.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]