:laughing: 50 % :cry: 25 % :🤗 25 %
By Nigredo
Woman phoned into Nick Ferrari this morn to moan about asylum seekers getting quicker access to legal representation than natural born British citizens, did the corpulent gammon slug point out that the justice system in this country has been continuously gutted of funding for over a decade? Of course he didn't.
By Youngian
Nigredo wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:03 am Woman phoned into Nick Ferrari this morn to moan about asylum seekers getting quicker access to legal representation than natural born British citizens, did the corpulent gammon slug point out that the justice system in this country has been continuously gutted of funding for over a decade? Of course he didn't.
Another open goal Ferrari ignored was a brain box describing the Rwanda scheme as a deterrent to stop asylum seekers coming. Then claimed Rwanda was a beautiful free country.
By davidjay
Youngian wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:07 pm
Nigredo wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:03 am Woman phoned into Nick Ferrari this morn to moan about asylum seekers getting quicker access to legal representation than natural born British citizens, did the corpulent gammon slug point out that the justice system in this country has been continuously gutted of funding for over a decade? Of course he didn't.
Another open goal Ferrari ignored was a brain box describing the Rwanda scheme as a deterrent to stop asylum seekers coming. Then claimed Rwanda was a beautiful free country.
It's only an open goal if you're on the other side.
By Abernathy
O’Brien is off to Greece for his holibags, so LBC has Tom Swarbrick covering for him. The problem with this is that the contrast between O’Brien’s sharp, incisive, and considered work and Swarbrick’s clodhopping ineptitude is stark .

This morning, Swarbrick spent time pondering why Rees-Mogg and Dorries, supporting Truss for leader, were waxing lyrical about Truss’s Brexiter credentials, when in the referendum she had campaigned vigorously for Remain. He was attempting to cast it as some deep philosophical conundrum.

I remarked to Mrs A that Mogg and Dorries’ support for Truss had absolutely fuck all to do with questions of high-falutin’ political principle. It is explained, simply and obviously, by the fact that Dorries and Mogg are both fucking idiots, but are all too aware that Truss represents their only chance of retaining their cabinet posts. None of the other candidates would be daft enough to keep either of them in the cabinet. As for Truss herself, she has long harboured ambitions to become Tory leader and PM, and knows that, popular with the rank and file gammonati as she apparently is, she nevertheless needs to be unimpeachably pro-Brexit in order to secure her final victory - in that respect also very like Johnson.

Lo and behold, the very first phone-in call he took made precisely those obvious points. And the second, and the third.
Cue Swarbrick conducting the rest of the show in subdued tones, with copious amounts of egg on his face. He really is completely crap.
By Youngian
It was O’Brien welcoming the launch of Times Radio who warned radio isn’t as easy as it appears. Having tuned into Times Radio* after 20 minutes of Mr Swarbrick, I believe him.
Aren’t radio presenters traditionally paranoid about someone eyeing their seat while they’re on holiday? Get someone with another day job like Lammy or a regular filler who’s a bit crap like Tom S.

* Times Radio isn’t GBNews and tries to speak to an audience wider than their core demographic. Its just a bit dreary.
By Oboogie
I listened to Swarbrick on Monday, I stuck it out about an hour before I turned it off. That said, I did note how much better he was than Lammy (who often covers O'Brien) because Swarbrick is at least a radio presenter and being a "gob on a stick" (© James O'Brien) is a different skill set to being a politician.
Paul Merton used to knock Angus Deayton on Have I Got News For You saying "Your job's just reading aloud!", in my arrogant ignorance, I sniggered. Then Deayton was sacked and they moved to guest presenters and I learned to appreciate just how good Deayton actually was.
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:32 pm I listened to Swarbrick on Monday, I stuck it out about an hour before I turned it off. That said, I did note how much better he was than Lammy (who often covers O'Brien) because Swarbrick is at least a radio presenter and being a "gob on a stick" (© James O'Brien) is a different skill set to being a politician.
Paul Merton used to knock Angus Deayton on Have I Got News For You saying "Your job's just reading aloud!", in my arrogant ignorance, I sniggered. Then Deayton was sacked and they moved to guest presenters and I learned to appreciate just how good Deayton actually was.
If Deayton had steered clear of hookers and blow, many of us would never have heard of "Boris".
zuriblue liked this
By Oboogie
Bones McCoy wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 12:44 pm
If Deayton had steered clear of hookers and blow, many of us would never have heard of "Boris".
What a lovely idea!
But it's not true.
By the time Angus Deayton was sacked in the autumn of 2002 Johnson had already appeared on the show three times, his first appearance was in 1998.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_H ... u_episodes
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:15 pm
What a lovely idea!
But it's not true.
By the time Angus Deayton was sacked in the autumn of 2002 Johnson had already appeared on the show three times, his first appearance was in 1998.

Another cunning plan, thwarted by facts and detail.
By kreuzberger
I think that it is fair comment to claim that James O'Brien and ten-bob Swarbrick have both, in their unique ways, proven just how difficult this genre of broadcasting really is.

When I was a lad, many years ago, I sat in on a few Good Morning Scotland (GMS) broadcasts ahead of doing focus groups. That format is summat too.

Lesley Riddoch is lovely. She pours a killer cup of coffee.
By Abernathy
Apparently covering for J O’B next week are Angela Rayner, Wes Streeting, Tom Tugendhat, Jeremy Cunt, and Matt Hancock (!!!!!)
Last edited by Abernathy on Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By davidjay
What a lovely idea!
But it's not true.

It may be the passage of time, but from memory his appearance as host sealed Ledge status.
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:28 am
What a lovely idea!
But it's not true.

It may be the passage of time, but from memory his appearance as host sealed Ledge status.
Johnson became the MP for Henley at the 2001 election, he was editor of The Spectator and he had appeared three times on a very successful satire show with high ratings. I think many people had heard of him before the Autumn of 2002.
By Youngian
Johnson presented a very interesting documentary on the Roman Empire 20 years ago. Its the last time I found him engaging and shame he didn’t stick to a promising career as a TV history presenter. See also Neil Oliver.
Last edited by Youngian on Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]