:laughing: 50 % :cry: 25 % :🤗 25 %
By Bones McCoy
Has anybody seen the Snow White actress Rachel Zegler.

If she's non-white (as the anti-wokes claim), what does that make Dean Martin or Antonio Banderas.

The USA has an odd history or racial classification, what with their "one drop" laws and confused hispanic/latino nonsense.
So we shouldn't be confused by elements of the alt-right pushing a tighter and tighter definition of "racial purity".
(For the record, Zegler's Grandmother hailed form Colombia).

Once again we see the dissonance as this wedge issue is dragged across the Atlantic against its will.
GBeebies or assorted columnists are railing against an actress who barely intrudes into the Spanish Italian Askenazi range on the dulux chart.
She's several shades paler than the classic spray-tan oompa-loompa.

It's up to us to decide whether we'll allow these goons to drag us back to the "touch of the tarbrush" era.
I hope the media are making themselves look extremely silly with their "Mah cultur! mah childhood"" whining.

Credit to GB news for locating an "expert".
Diamond has appeared in pantomimes including playing the Wicked Queen in Snow White at Stoke-on-Trent in 2005, alongside Ken Morley and Sooty.
Last edited by Bones McCoy on Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Abernathy, Oboogie liked this
By MisterMuncher
What this does demonstrate, pretty effectively, is how the entire "War On Woke" relies on compliant media outlets. This entire spiel falls apart with the reporter doing their fucking job and asking the miserable fucker what, specifically, is the problem with this film that he cannot possibly have seen. Just that. Just ask him till he answers.

Sunlight may be the best disinfectant, but these germs hold hands in the shadows
Spoonman, zuriblue, Dalem Lake and 2 others liked this
By davidjay
MisterMuncher wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:28 am What this does demonstrate, pretty effectively, is how the entire "War On Woke" relies on compliant media outlets. This entire spiel falls apart with the reporter doing their fucking job and asking the miserable fucker what, specifically, is the problem with this film that he cannot possibly have seen. Just that. Just ask him till he answers.

Sunlight may be the best disinfectant, but these germs hold hands in the shadows
The 'w' word always falls apart under questioning. Ask what it means and why they find it so offensive and you'll get a blank look every time.
Last edited by davidjay on Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalem Lake, Oboogie liked this
By Andy McDandy
As seen when Jeremy Whine tried to define it as "you know, a bit lefty, happy clappy, tree hugging, telling people what to think" while Marina Purkiss tried to get a word in.

As for the media, journalists trying to incite conflict so they have something to report on (and maybe with a thick prole using naughty words, or someone getting punched!), at school we called such people shit stirrers and loved giving them a taste of their own medicine. But yeah, egging on thick bigots and often equally thick and touchy activists is easier and cheaper than reporting actual news, and you don't have to do much reading up.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Abernathy
FFS.

Caught a fragment of the tail-end of Ferrari's show this morning while waiting for O'Brien to come on, and he re-played a call from a military veteran, who served in Afghanistan or wherever, who was frothing mad (as he had without doubt been encouraged to be by Ferrari) because he had heard that Keir Starmer was making a video message , directed at muslims, about Islamophobia, and had decided to first remove the poppy he was wearing from his lapel just in case any of his intended audience might have taken offence at this symbol of commemoration of those who died in wars. The notion that muslims might be offended by poppies is a ludicrous Daily Mail/Nick Ferrari trope in any event, but you know Keir- can't be too careful - and I very much doubt that this ever even happened at all, but this military veteran chappie was frothing at the gash - "If I find out that Starmer actually took off his poppy, then Labour has lost my vote.", he raged.

Utterly bizarre, and profoundly depressing.
By Andy McDandy
Last weekend, along with my Covid enquiry-following friends, also present was an army officer - 2nd Lieutenant, nothing major (literally), but a nice guy. Very informative, as we were discussing the current series on recruits at Catterick.

One thing stood out - he said that the platoon leader and drill sergeants in the series were all sweating over minor shit that really didn't matter after passing out - yes, there's a need for tidiness and attention to detail, but soldiers very quickly work out what matters and what doesn't. And anyone fussing over poppies is missing the point. Probably by several thousand miles.
By Oboogie
Abernathy wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 11:10 am FFS.

Caught a fragment of the tail-end of Ferrari's show this morning while waiting for O'Brien to come on, and he re-played a call from a military veteran, who served in Afghanistan or wherever, who was frothing mad (as he had without doubt been encouraged to be by Ferrari) because he had heard that Keir Starmer was making a video message , directed at muslims, about Islamophobia, and had decided to first remove the poppy he was wearing from his lapel just in case any of his intended audience might have taken offence at this symbol of commemoration of those who died in wars. The notion that muslims might be offended by poppies is a ludicrous Daily Mail/Nick Ferrari trope in any event, but you know Keir- can't be too careful - and I very much doubt that this ever even happened at all, but this military veteran chappie was frothing at the gash - "If I find out that Starmer actually took off his poppy, then Labour has lost my vote.", he raged.

Utterly bizarre, and profoundly depressing.
Farage was sharing what he claimed were before and after pictures of that incident. The alleged 'before' picture featured a very blurry poppy such as might have been put there by someone rather short-sighted whilst having their first go at photoshop.

Edit to include said photos.
Attachments
F97R0cbWwAAg8g1.jpg
F97R0cbWwAAg8g1.jpg (164.11 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
By Youngian
Just about old enough to remember some very old boys from WW1 manning the Poppy stalls. The next 50 years saw WWII veterans manning the stalls. Now it’s baby boomers who read Victor comics and watched John Mills on a Sunday afternoon who run the stalls and now they’re fading into history. Some are from military families or ex forces but even their experience isn’t a collective one. Will they be able to pass on this tradition to Gen X and Millennials? Hope not.
Dalem Lake liked this
By mattomac
Youngian wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:21 pm Just about old enough to remember some very old boys from WW1 manning the Poppy stalls. The next 50 years saw WWII veterans manning the stalls. Now it’s baby boomers who read Victor comics and watched John Mills on a Sunday afternoon who run the stalls and now they’re fading into history. Some are from military families or ex forces but even their experience isn’t a collective one. Will they be able to pass on this tradition to Gen X and Millennials? Hope not.
Mine are usually Asians
By Youngian
Tom Swarbrick wishes a real life Colin from Portsmouth ‘love to the family.’* :lol:
https://x.com/lbc/status/17248500984697 ... Dkr8MiQKBg

* Exploding Heads is a very funny phone in spoof if you haven’t come across it. Compare and contrast.
https://x.com/exploding_heads/status/17 ... Dkr8MiQKBg
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]