:sunglasses: 33.3 % :laughing: 66.7 %
By Boiler
Cyclist wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:14 am The last major rail strike was in the 1990s - on John Major's watch.

But of course, the S*n won't want people to remember that shit has always happened under Tory governments.
If I recall correctly, the first so-called "Summer Of Discontent" was actually in 1989, during the Thatcher era. I remember it well as I was frequently on picket lines at the time. It was at that time you didn't have to give an employer notice of industrial action and thus short "lightning strikes" were common.
By satnav
I think staff at 'The Sun' have started drinking early this evening. Talking about Sunak's plans to tackle the strikes.
Rishi Sunak will unveil tough new laws to crack down on strikes early in the New Year - but they will not avoid this bout of industrial action.
The PM is understood to have gone cold on proposals to ban ambulance drivers and firefighters from striking.

But he will give ministers Henry VIII Style powers to force public services - like hospitals, the fire brigade and schools - to ensure some staff still work throughout strikes.
I didn't study much medieval history at school but I'm pretty sure there weren't many unionised hospitals and schools in the times of Henry VIII and there was definitely no fire brigade or ambulance service.
By satnav
It is now looking increasingly likely that the story printed in 'The Sun' about a BBC presenter paying a teenager for explicit images is utter bollox. Why did so many news organisations give so much coverage to this story given that the Sun is a very unreliable source of news? It looks to me that the paper has probably been sitting on the story for a while but then decided to spice it up in the wake of the Philip Schofield story.
Oboogie liked this
By Youngian
Former Sun editor David Yelland carefully pointed out that the first question he’d ask of this story is whether blackmail had taken place. That shuts down a lot of legal options as to where to take the story. And did the Sun tell the mother to make a police statement before launching this story? Plot thickens.
By Andy McDandy
Anything to bash the beeb. Besides, remember the first law of journalism: fill the fucking space. What better than the breathless retelling of the available facts, scattershot with big photos of stars it definitely isn't about?

Clock off early, more time in the pub.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]