:sunglasses: 33.3 % :laughing: 66.7 %
By Boiler
Dalem Lake wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:23 pm Vine's daily morning gammon-baiting shite is gotta be worse. It's got all the cretins that now inhabit the likes of GBeebies as panelists, and rarely do you ever a caller other than some croaky boomer from the home counties or oop north waffling on about the wokes.
Is that the shite on Channel 5?

I'm reminded of the dark days of Jeremy Kyle on ITV and sitting in a hospital waiting room with my mother. When the people ahead of us were called in I got up, stood on a chair and physically turned the TV off so it couldn't be put back on with remote. After I did that, the receptionist looked at me, sighed and said "Thank you. We can't do that, of course."
Last edited by Boiler on Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Yug
The incoming Labour government will have to implement the second tranche of recommendations made in the Leveson report. The utter cunts that are the fourth estate need muzzling.
Dalem Lake, Boiler liked this
By safe_timber_man
A lot of "playing the mental health card" comments being churned out but aside from being a tired cliche it's also completely inaccurate in this case. Absolutely nobody, including his wife, has claimed he did what he did because of mental health. Nobody is saying that, what so ever. He's had a mental breakdown because of the public outing and is literally in a mental health until. That's not "playing the card", for fuck sake.
Tubby Isaacs, Boiler liked this
By Boiler
Yug wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:38 pm The incoming Labour government will have to implement the second tranche of recommendations made in the Leveson report. The utter cunts that are the fourth estate need muzzling.
But will it? Will Starmer want to risk alienating Murdoch et al? I'm all for implementing Leveson 2 if only to hear Hislop roar his fucking eyes out, but...

We also really need to review the rules on media ownership in this country.
Last edited by Boiler on Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Samanfur
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:07 pm Edwards has been open about suffering from severe depression. Whatever he may or may not have done, to put this pressure on him in this way is monstrous.
I can't help being reminded of Gary Holton.
By Boiler
safe_timber_man wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:41 pm He's had a mental breakdown because of the public outing and is literally in a mental health until.
I have been in the situation of talking down a dear friend in the middle of a breakdown after his partner rang me up distressed because she was at a loss how to cope with him. In the end he agreed to refer himself to the local hospital MHU rather than be sectioned. I was at the point of jumping in the car and driving down to London to make sure they were both okay but had repeated assurances that it wasn't necessary - but I would have done it without a moment's thought otherwise.

It was a distressing experience that I still recall vividly several years on and one I have come perilously close to myself on more than one occasion. So for anyone to say "they're playing a card"...
By Youngian
If Starmer with a big majority doesn’t have a plan for Murdoch et al like he did for Corbyn, it will be a disappointment. He’s a Labour leader and the former DPP during the phone hacking crisis so the papers doubly hate him. The press barons will layoff the new masters for a honeymoon period then its a bucket of Vaseline everyday for Starmer’s premiership. He needs to fuck them first like Putin with the oligarchs but within the boundaries of rule of law. Keir knows a lot about law.
By safe_timber_man
Boiler wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:18 pm I have been in the situation of talking down a dear friend in the middle of a breakdown after his partner rang me up distressed because she was at a loss how to cope with him. In the end he agreed to refer himself to the local hospital MHU rather than be sectioned. I was at the point of jumping in the car and driving down to London to make sure they were both okay but had repeated assurances that it wasn't necessary - but I would have done it without a moment's thought otherwise.

It was a distressing experience that I still recall vividly several years on and one I have come perilously close to myself on more than one occasion. So for anyone to say "they're playing a card"...

These wankers don't know or care about backstories like yours, mate, which I'm sorry to hear about but shows what sort of a person you are. They just want to make a flippant comment which they think makes them sound smart. That's as deep as their emotionally void existence goes.
By Watchman
safe_timber_man wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:14 pm BBC Breaking News:

"The Sun says it has no plans to publish further allegations about Huw Edwards and will co-operate with BBC investigation"
How very fucking noble of them
By safe_timber_man
Youngian wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:29 pm If Starmer with a big majority doesn’t have a plan for Murdoch et al like he did for Corbyn, it will be a disappointment.

the former DPP during the phone hacking crisis...

...Keir knows a lot about law.

Whatever people think of him, this right here is enough reason to get him in. The man is fucking forensic. The way he trapped Boris 2 bloody years ago into lying to Parliament and ultimately (finally) destroying his career with his "And I'll leave that there, for now..." moment shows how calculated and smart he is. I have no doubt taking Murdoch on is something that's already in motion, if only in his head for now. I'd say it's personal for him, too.
By Yug
safe_timber_man wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:14 pm BBC Breaking News:

"The Sun says it has no plans to publish further allegations about Huw Edwards and will co-operate with BBC investigation"
And if they hadn't published this utter bollocks in the first place they wouldn't have to try crawling into the moral high ground by magnanimously offering to cooperate with anyone now.

Cunts.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]