:sunglasses: 33.3 % :laughing: 66.7 %
By safe_timber_man
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 8:47 pm They didn't exactly publish much after Saturday, did they? "Parent repeats story" was the best they had.
I reckon they've probably got other allegations they were sitting on. But considering how their last one's turned out I suspect their legal team has more important things to be working on so they're scrapping them.
By Rosvanian
Let's be crystal clear here , the only thing the Sun cares about here is the opportunity to give the BBC a severe, hard kicking. It couldn't give a shit about Edwards and his family or the other bloke and his family. We'll soon be treated to those laughably serious The Mail Says / the Sun says editorials where these despicable rags will claim to be speaking on behalf of 'all descent people' and call for the BBC to be defunded and sold off. I despise these publications and the people who produce them with every fibre of my being. They are a shameful stain on the fabric of our society and actually make me wish that I believed in god. Then I'd at least have the satisfaction of believing that people like Kelvin McKenzie and Richard Littlejohn will burn in hell when they finished leaching their poison into the world.
Boiler, safe_timber_man, Dalem Lake and 6 others liked this
By Youngian
Rosvanian wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 9:23 pm Let's be crystal clear here , the only thing the Sun cares about here is the opportunity to give the BBC a severe, hard kicking. It couldn't give a shit about Edwards and his family or the other bloke and his family. We'll soon be treated to those laughably serious The Mail Says / the Sun says editorials where these despicable rags will claim to be speaking on behalf of 'all descent people' and call for the BBC to be defunded and sold off. I despise these publications and the people who produce them with every fibre of my being. They are a shameful stain on the fabric of our society and actually make me wish that I believed in god. Then I'd at least have the satisfaction of believing that people like Kelvin McKenzie and Richard Littlejohn will burn in hell when they finished leaching their poison into the world.
Still curious why an experienced tabloid like the Sun has been so sloppy over this story. For the first time in his life Murdoch had a government that could destroy the BBC and Ch4 and that window is closing. So try anything and see if it lands.
By safe_timber_man
AOB wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 10:58 pm Safeguarding expert and Murdoch drone Rod Liddell on Newsnight: "The Sun has behaved impeccably through all this."
Just watching that now and love the fact he was brought into the conversation via "very old newspaper editors wheeled out to defend newspapers" and then "okay let's go straight to Rod Liddle then" :lol: :lol: Intentional or not, that was gold!

On a side note, he looks and sounds very ill. He's literally gasping for breath between sentences.

Also from Liddle - "The whole point of the Sun story wasn't about illegality it was about how the BBC deals with complaints" - And there's that ongoing attempt and shifting the narrative from libelling someone to "just asking questions"
Last edited by safe_timber_man on Thu Jul 13, 2023 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oboogie liked this
By MisterMuncher
It cannot be ignored that The Sun was working on an assumption of some measure of homophobia in their readers for the desired effect. "Man pays money to OnlyFans model for private pics" isn't exactly considered beyond the pale for their readership or probably for a good swathe of society (yes. Sex work is work, fuck off) so they can only have been hanging it on that angle.

Anyone who wants to convince me that the editorial board of The Sun gives a tinned shit for vulnerable young people will have a fucking job on their hands
By safe_timber_man
It's a legal minefield which could genuinely put The Sun down for good or embolden them even more. The attempt to muddy the waters is well underway with the "they were just asking questions" bollocks by them and their cheerleaders but the facts still remain that they did accuse Huw Edwards of a crime by reporting that he exchanged sexual photos with a 17 year old which is illegal:

"Taking, making, sharing and possessing indecent images and pseudo-photographs of people under 18 is illegal."

It just comes down to whether or not they can get away with it because they didn't actually name him (not an ironclad defense based on past cases) or that the typical use of quotation marks gets them off the hook. If we're honest with ourselves they'll breeze through this and carry on as usual. Unless Huw Edwards gets back on his feet and is feeling a bit fighty and wants to pay for some expensive lawyers!
By Youngian
The Sun missed this one: Former BBC employee cashes in on national TV presenter scandal.

If you missed this one the pitchforks have been out in Ireland over off the book payments to RTE’s Mr Clean, Ryan Tubridy.
If you haven’t seen or heard affable bland Ryan in action, he’s clearly born to be a Radio 2 presenter so you will soon.
Attachments
IMG_4174.jpeg
IMG_4174.jpeg (591.18 KiB) Viewed 6040 times
By Youngian
Andy McDandy wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 10:12 am He's stood in for Whine and for Ken Bruce in the past.
:lol: I rest my case.
Another Dubliner Bob Geldof stood in for Jonathan Ross on R2 who started berating a caller for not liking Bob Dylan, ‘you know nothing about music and probably not much else.’ Don’t recall him invited back.
By Youngian
News Thump take on the Sun Says
John Proctor has been a fine businessman and a good neighbour to many in Salem. Despite that, he’s definitely a witch and deserves to be hanged.

People suggest that there is no evidence or proof that Proctor has done anything illegal. That may be, but The Sun says we need to stop being so reliant on fancy legal concepts like ‘evidence’ and ‘proof’ and simply use our common sense.
https://newsthump.com/2023/07/13/the-su ... t=cmp-true
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]