By Malcolm Armsteen
I've always believed in a sort of societal evolution - which applies in all sorts of ways.

If some Swedish designer comes up with a 'new concept' park bench, then it's likely to be uncomfortable, because park benches have developed, evolved, over a couple of centuries by small comfort-related adaptations.

Same is true for many designs, and of course, social paradigms. We have seen that in changes in attitudes, amongst some, to, for example, sexism and racism. These paradigms are not universal, though, and Conservatives wish to hold back evolution of them.

To say we want to conserve the best of the past, that which works, the comfortable park bench, and to evolve that which our moral sense tells us needs development is a sophisticated argument, but one which a sensible and mature government statement.

It seems to me that that is what Starmer is saying.
The Weeping Angel liked this
By Youngian
Starmer is offering nothing but blood, sweat and tears because he’ll be believed.
Unlike McDonnell’s pain free pump priming, Bozo flashing the cash and Liz’s self-financing tax cuts. Everyone knows the ship is rudderless and drifting up Shit’s Creek.
I’m ok with telling conservative voters it’s time to put the jelly and ice cream away and choose a leader wearing big boy trousers. I’ll remind them of Tebbit.
Oboogie, Abernathy liked this
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 11:00 am
The Weeping Angel wrote: Sun May 14, 2023 11:53 pm Political editor of Byline Times here
He's got a point about the way Starmer's projecting himself differently, I think.

I think that's a different point from the "He said they're the real Tories" headlines.

I like Bienkov, was on to Johnson faster than most.
I have time for Bienkov as well. I do feel that he is pandering when he must surely realise that the headline on the right is a distortion of what Starmer said.
By Yug
Further to my post above ref snowflakes being triggered by the proposed move of a very dead dog, here's a link to a news source a bit more reliable than the Daily effing Fail. I didn't click the link to the Fail a snowflake provided on Facebook so I can't compare the factual BBC story with the swivel-eyed sensationalist bollocks that the Fail article undoubtedly was.

Dambusters' dog: Lincolnshire council archaeologists oppose grave move

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-lin ... 627070.amp
I honestly cannot understand why the Failtard types would get so exercised over this

Squadron Wing Commander Guy Gibson used his dog's name, which is a racial slur, as a code word to confirm which German dams had been breached during the famous Second World War raid.
Oh.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]