:sunglasses: 66.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Crabcakes
The irony of calling an organisation 'we deserve better', when its sole purpose is to stop us all getting something better in pursuit of an absolutely unobtainable and entirely personal (and flexible, depending on the requirements of the day) definition of 'perfect', is lost on him I suspect.
Dalem Lake, Oboogie liked this
By Abernathy
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:29 pm The irony of calling an organisation 'we deserve better', when its sole purpose is to stop us all getting something better in pursuit of an absolutely unobtainable and entirely personal (and flexible, depending on the requirements of the day) definition of 'perfect', is lost on him I suspect.
Indeed. It’s now clearer than ever before that Jones prefers a continuation of 14 years of corrupt and shambolically incompetent Tory government to a Labour government the precise complexion of which he does not personally approve. He stands revealed as a disruptive and boneheaded Trot. His claim to have been a lifelong Labour Party supporter is clearly nothing more than a sham.

Previously, I may have been prepared to cut him a bit of slack on the basis that most of us on the left have at some point wished that we could have a somewhat more radically left-leaning Labour Party in government. But equally, most of us have learned the lesson that trying to get elected to government in the UK in the 21st century on the basis of a manifesto chock full of radical left wing policies simply doesn’t work. It has literally been tried, twice, in the last 7 years, and has failed completely, latterly in gobsmackingly emphatic terms. The only strategic approach to electing a Labour government in modern times that has, in contrast, been demonstrably proven to have succeeded is that taken by the party in 1997, 2001, and 2005, a version of which is now being successfully deployed by Keir Starmer.

Jones isn’t daft. He must know this, and understand it. By instead rejecting it and advocating votes against Labour, he has confirmed that he is an enemy of the Labour Party. It is Jones, not Starmer, who is in that respect no different from the Tories.
By Oboogie
Crabcakes wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:29 pm The irony of calling an organisation 'we deserve better', when its sole purpose is to stop us all getting something better in pursuit of an absolutely unobtainable and entirely personal (and flexible, depending on the requirements of the day) definition of 'perfect', is lost on him I suspect.
Agreed. He should have called the organisation Status Quo - a small band banging out the same tune with meaningless words for decades, oblivious to the changes going on around them.
Andy McDandy, Yug, Samanfur liked this
By Crabcakes
Fixed this for him:
until people with his politics took the important jobs away from the Sensible Moderates, and:
*absolutely fucked everything up either pursuing daft policies or turning a blind eye to intimidation and bigotry (or both)
*helped wreck the U.K. for decades by their lukewarm, barely registering Brexit efforts (because Corbyn doesn’t like the EU)
*handed the worst PM in history a huge majority by being so unlikeable and awful
* after this, tried to blame everyone else - including the electorate - for all their results, claiming it was either disloyalty to people who’s fans continually told them to fuck off or stupidity in not being able to understand the sheer awesomeness of the Corbyn offer (which he joined in with)

…and *then* he became Hateful Poison overnight. Because by then, and indeed long before then, he actually had.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:06 pm Alternate reading-

Nine years ago, lots of us thought Jones was a not particularly well informed newspaper columnist, but agreed that he could write and stick it to the Tories. In the last 9 years, he's spent lots of time sticking it to people like us who were right about Corbyn.

What important jobs were these then?
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:34 pm
Agreed. He should have called the organisation Status Quo - a small band banging out the same tune with meaningless words for decades, oblivious to the changes going on around them.
And the song was "whooah Jeremey Corbyn ....."
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 7:14 pm If there's anybody left who Jones hasn't blocked, could they ask him why he wants more Tory MPs?
The logic is that a hung Parliament would lead to electoral reform. I think.
Last edited by davidjay on Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 1:37 pm Realistically, to achieve a hung Parliament, the Tories would need to retain many more seats than they are currently predicted to. If that's Jones' objective, he needs to be encouraging his followers to vote Tory.
He'd love to but he daren't.
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]