:sunglasses: 66.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Bones McCoy
I know there's the whole "fweedumb of aspresshun" angle.

On the other hand, it was a joy to see these fuckers getting disrupted and tossed out on the street.

To some, they'll play the "I'm being opressed" card.
I suspect that will mainly play with their dedicated followers (of fascism) - they seek him here!

Others might see an international gathering who talk and act like they own the place getting humiliated.
Sensible viewers might conclude that Farage, Braverman, Orban and Zammamour aren't the "big boots" they pretend to be.
By Andy McDandy
Nigel "take up a rifle and fight for Brexit" Fargle deciding not to confront the police because he doesn't want to make a scene. It'll make no difference to his fans, but it's still nice to see.
By Abernathy
I don't think he really is the Guardian's star columnist any more - if he ever was, but he's still the sole reason I keep ignoring the paper's appeals to subscribe/give them cash every time I look at something online.
Dalem Lake liked this
By Malcolm Armsteen
Abernathy wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:51 am I don't think he really is the Guardian's star columnist any more - if he ever was, but he's still the sole reason I keep ignoring the paper's appeals to subscribe/give them cash every time I look at something online.
I subscribe because a lot of what they do needs to carry on, but sometimes they make it hard. The tankies haven't all gone with Seamus, by the look of it.
By Philip Marlow
‘Putting in his place.’

Mother of the gods lads, calm down. The young Owen is known to drink at the Lexington from time to time (never seen him there: good pub) and has been infamously belaboured on the premises in his time. If anyone would like to have a go at bolstering their hard bastard credentials I can provide directions.

Who did come up with the squealer thing by the way? Honest query. It seemed to emerge at some point from the bowels of centrist dad Twitter and it never struck me as apposite. He had his doubts in the Corbyn era after all. God knows he was touting Owen ‘I am an epic normal frothy coffee shagger’ Smith at one point.
By Abernathy
Animal Farm, Mr. Marlow. Not sure who first applied it in respect of the boy Jones, but it fits.

Are you quite sure that Owen Jones supported Owen Smith’s leadership bid ? My memory is slightly hazy, but I’d be very surprised if that were the case.
By Abernathy
My goodness. I went googling in search of Squealer’s support of Smith and didn’t find any. But I did find, incredibly, a quite sensible article by the boy from about 7 years ago :

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisf ... ood-enough
By Tubby Isaacs
Philip Marlow wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:17 pm ‘Putting in his place.’

Mother of the gods lads, calm down. The young Owen is known to drink at the Lexington from time to time (never seen him there: good pub) and has been infamously belaboured on the premises in his time. If anyone would like to have a go at bolstering their hard bastard credentials I can provide directions.

Who did come up with the squealer thing by the way? Honest query. It seemed to emerge at some point from the bowels of centrist dad Twitter and it never struck me as apposite. He had his doubts in the Corbyn era after all. God knows he was touting Owen ‘I am an epic normal frothy coffee shagger’ Smith at one point.
The Lexington is excellent. He did turn against Corbyn when ratings were terrible but then swung in behind him again with the doubts apparently all gone. I'm somebody who's happy with Dan Poulter defecting to Labour, so I'm not going to overdo criticism on consistency grounds, but the tone can be grating. And he ought to stick with what he knows about, but I suppose it's his job not to.
By The Weeping Angel
As Oz points out he is an actual war correspondant currently in a war zone. Getting into a fight in the Lexington is not quite the same thing .
By Tubby Isaacs
This stuff is always "politician votes with the whip" shock! It's possible Poulter said "I'm leaving Labour if you nationalise train services or raise tax credits", but it's probably more likely he just wants health to work better and thinks he has some useful experience.

Taxes on the rich haven't been "slashed" anyway. The only thing I can think of is the top rate of income tax being reduced from 50p to 45p. But the threshold now is actually lower than 14 years ago when it was changed. Corporation Tax has gone up. And a couple of Labour's high profile policies (tax on school fees and abolishing non-dom) are tax rises on mostly high incomes.

The Weeping Angel liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]