:sunglasses: 66.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Watchman
The Weeping Angel wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 1:18 am

Why is Owen Jones considered an expert on the Middle East?
Because some strands of the media are pushing the “Jones = Starmer’s Labour” propaganda
By Philip Marlow
I may be fonder of Jones that more-or-less anyone else on these here forums, but his face off against Ed Balls reminded me of how much that age old wanker’s trick of ‘winning’ a debate by refusing to allow your opponent to speak uninterrupted for more than ten seconds at a time irritates me. Factor in the preening smirk plastered across Balls’ face for the entirety of the segment and I’m giving the round to OJ. Not least because I think he actually cares about the subject under discussion, and I really don’t think Eddie does.
By Tubby Isaacs
Philip Marlow wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:41 pm I may be fonder of Jones that more-or-less anyone else on these here forums, but his face off against Ed Balls reminded me of how much that age old wanker’s trick of ‘winning’ a debate by refusing to allow your opponent to speak uninterrupted for more than ten seconds at a time irritates me. Factor in the preening smirk plastered across Balls’ face for the entirety of the segment and I’m giving the round to OJ. Not least because I think he actually cares about the subject under discussion, and I really don’t think Eddie does.
I respect Jones for doing very hard yards on trans rights and benefits , but I don't think being a "columnist" does him any favours. I noticed when he wrote about railways that he didn't know anything about them. Ranging across subjects with only your political stance as a guide is a bad idea. In fairness, it's not just him that does this- see for instance WIll Hutton recently making the Polish Elections about Brexit. I can happily hear from Owen on fewer subjects, and more from people like Chaminda Jayanetti or even the not very leftwing Sam Freedman.
By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:57 pm
Philip Marlow wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:41 pm I may be fonder of Jones that more-or-less anyone else on these here forums, but his face off against Ed Balls reminded me of how much that age old wanker’s trick of ‘winning’ a debate by refusing to allow your opponent to speak uninterrupted for more than ten seconds at a time irritates me. Factor in the preening smirk plastered across Balls’ face for the entirety of the segment and I’m giving the round to OJ. Not least because I think he actually cares about the subject under discussion, and I really don’t think Eddie does.
I respect Jones for doing very hard yards on trans rights and benefits , but I don't think being a "columnist" does him any favours. I noticed when he wrote about railways that he didn't know anything about them. Ranging across subjects with only your political stance as a guide is a bad idea. In fairness, it's not just him that does this- see for instance WIll Hutton recently making the Polish Elections about Brexit. I can happily hear from Owen on fewer subjects, and more from people like Chaminda Jayanetti or even the not very leftwing Sam Freedman.
I'd like to hear more from Jayanetti same goes for Freedman, unfortunetly both don't create viral clips so the likes of GMB won't go for them.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]