:sunglasses: 66.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By Abernathy
Squealer has finally fucked off out of the Labour Party. Took him long enough. He really cannot stomach the thought of a non-crank Labour Party actually being about to win power.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/ ... g-32405146

Owen Jones quits Labour with scathing Keir Starmer attack claiming 'the party's over'
By Bones McCoy
davidjay wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:06 am The rat's joining the sinking ship.
Is he throwing in with George "The Hat" Galloway, and his scruffy* band of socially conservative contrarians.

* Scruffy: to distinguish themselves form the RCP turned libertarian suit wearers who publish Spiked!
By Andy McDandy
All subsets of "People who corner you at student parties and try to pull you by telling you how much cleverer they are than you".

You can experience the feeling of being one of these people by doing the following (courtesy, S. Lee and R. Herring):grinning:

1. Say to someone "Name something you think I wouldn't like".
2. Listen to what the person says, such as "I expect you're not a fan of the comedy routines of Jim Davidson".
3. Say to the person, "Aaaah, no! You're wrong! I love the comedy routines of Jim Davidson! I think he's really good and have all of his adult pantos and Big Break trick shot compilation tapes featuring John Virgo dressed as a genie!".
4. The person, having had their expectations confounded by you, will be surprised by your intelligence and insight, and will want to do a sex with you.
By Tubby Isaacs
In 2019, I was in a safe seat (Labour). A friend of mine was in another safe seat (Labour). Both of us withheld support for Labour. I went Lib Dem, my friend went Green. We'd have both rather had a Labour option we liked, but we got over it, and chose parties who (in their 2019 manifestos) reflected our different politics.

I mean, yeah, vote for who you like. It's up to you. FPTP is shit, but even in England, there's a decent range of people to vote for. Pick one. And get over it.
By Tubby Isaacs
This is a good point.

The world moves on, people move on, party support evolves. In the 80s, lots of people who had voted Labour decided to vote for the Alliance or the Tories- what was in their bones was less clear, and didn't matter anyway. Labour adapted andn a load of new people started supporting Labour, and some elections were won, and some were lost. That's the way it goes.

The SNP have picked up a lot of support in the last decade or so. Do the more longstanding supporters play the "bones" card on the newer ones? I doubt it very much, apart from the tiny number who've joined Alba. This is the political equivalent of "I was there when we played Welling away on a Tuesday night", isn't it?

By Andy McDandy
An old history lecturer of mine (who was from Baltimore) used to say that he was a greater patriot than any Briton - "I chose to live here, you had no choice".
Youngian liked this
By Crabcakes
Again, Corbyn is Trump with the polarities switched about. You throw in your lot with him, and you’re condemned to becoming ever more extreme and isolated, supporting ever more absurd views, and painting anyone not like yourself as either an insane extremist or the complete opposite of what they really are. Or both.

Jones is well on the way to a GB News slot as their token leftie who will obediently slag off the incoming Labour govt. for pennies while being a useful idiot they can point to and say they aren’t biased.
Youngian, Spoonman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]