:sunglasses: 66.7 % :laughing: 33.3 %
By davidjay
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Sun Sep 17, 2023 2:41 pm This is the thing. If I was on the anti-woke right, my line would be "credible allegations against a man who the liberal left took to their hearts".

Wouldn't blame Jones too much for that judgement. He writes a column and campaigns on stuff. He wasn't one of the showbiz insiders or managers who are implicated.
You know that's way too deep for them. It's much easier to say he's being got at for speaking Truth and you lot never said this about Huw Edwards.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Andy McDandy
In the media, there's a line, quite a way up the hierarchy. Above that line, you are an asset, a playa, no longer one of the easily replaceable peons scrabbling around for a break. You are a name, a face. In the words of Len Grossman*, welcome to the goodie room.

Go up past that line and you become used to getting whatever you want. As Charlie Brooker put it, one day you're apologising to a junior researcher for asking them if they could get a cup of tea. The next, you're roaring at them for not bringing it to you fast enough, or on the little carriage as you asked for.

Everyone I've seen defending him has, so far, been above the line.

*Character played by Tom Cruise in the film "Tropic Thunder".
By MisterMuncher
Respectfully, I don't know that "man accepts endorsement from currently popular figure without perfect future knowledge" is much of an own.
Philip Marlow liked this
By Philip Marlow
The Weeping Angel wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2023 3:34 pm It's pretty awful but still miles better than anything written by Bad Writing Takes.
No, it really isn’t. Not even remotely.

Honestly, it must be killing the GBeebies crew that they can’t properly weaponise that photo of Jones with Brand, y’know, since he’s being set up by The Man and all.
By Tubby Isaacs
Hadn't seen this. Famously good faith political operator, Chuck Grassley, taken seriously by Owen.

It would be a stretch to call Liz Truss "Reaganite", given the difference in size of the state between the UK and the US.. Let alone Rachel Reeves. If not putting up taxes is "Reaganite", irrespective of the starting point, then Emmanuel Macron is Reaganite.

Anyway, Reeves didn't say "no tax rises".

By The Weeping Angel
Tubby Isaacs wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:05 pm Hadn't seen this. Famously good faith political operator, Chuck Grassley, taken seriously by Owen.

It would be a stretch to call Liz Truss "Reaganite", given the difference in size of the state between the UK and the US.. Let alone Rachel Reeves. If not putting up taxes is "Reaganite", irrespective of the starting point, then Emmanuel Macron is Reaganite.

Anyway, Reeves didn't say "no tax rises".

Reagan also cut taxes which Rachel Reeves hasn't actually proposed.
By Watchman
Killer Whale wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:08 pm Hmmm...
Reagan tripled the national debt in three years. His was smoke and mirrors economics that pretended to be about responsibility, but in practice was about borrowing to put money into the pockets of the upper middle class.
Somethings never change
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]