:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By Youngian
I’m only judging by clips but this looks like a more professional outfit than GBNews. Tom Newton Dunn injects some professional rigour and looks like a show that is within their broadcast licence remit. Unlike GBNews which is even wackier than RT. Yet to sit through Morgan’s contribution but same goes for all his shows.
By MisterMuncher
I wonder how the large contingent of "The real criminals are getting away with it, who else went to the island and what did the lefties/elites/people I don't fucking like get up to" heads in Morgan's audience will react when no names are named.
By Youngian
satnav wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:59 pm Can anybody explain how TalkTV is allowed to broadcast an interview that Piers Morgan conducted with Ghislaine Maxwell from her prison cell? Do OFCOM rules really allow this kind of thing to be broadcast? This all seems to be part of a concerted campaign to try and rehabilitate Prince Andrew.
It’s a US prison but they’re not keen on granting salacious interviews. Guess Morgan is seen as a serious journalist on US TV.
By Tubby Isaacs
Saw Mike Graham I think it was. Massively misleading about Starmer having campaigned against deportation of someone who then committed murder. Starmer campaigned against a deportation of 50 people on one plane until the Windrush lessons had been learned. The court agreed. Not sure there was anything to stop the person being deported afterwards.
By Samanfur
TalkTV pays damages to migrants charity over ‘human traffickers’ claim

TalkTV has issued an apology and paid “substantial damages” to a migrants’ rights charity over defamatory claims made on Mike Graham’s show that the organisation were “human traffickers”.
By Andy McDandy
It's not about impact, or viewing figures. It's about getting a foot in the door.

GBN, TalkTV, MailTV, whatever - they're all tiny and preaching to the converted, but they serve one purpose: to bestow legitimacy. Sure, it's a mealy-mouthed, based on a technicality legitimacy, like sneaking out bad news on the last sitting day of the Commons, or holding an illegal boxing match on a pier. But it means people can say "We've been transparent, we announced this on a proper news channel". It also allows other outlets to report and repeat them, because they're simply commenting on another genuine outlet. Most people at home will think they're just another channel in the myriad out there, and not care that hardly anyone watches it. The difference between them and a random blogger might be like that between a lady of the night and a hooker, but it's enough.

And in the future, when they decide to go for the big ratings, these pilots will be the "evidence" that they work. They're money pits right now, but they're making friends and influencing people. OK, it may be 30p they're influencing, but he still has a lot more clout than you or me.
Watchman, Samanfur, davidjay liked this
By satnav
The Daily Express often features stories and polls that have taken place on GBNews and tries to pass them off as serious news stories when usually it is just the cases of one right wing numpty interviewing another right wing numpty. I guess 'The Sun' will do similar with stories that feature on TalkTV.

I think one of the reasons they focus on British news is that they don't have any foreign correspondence. TalkTV use 'The Sun's' defence correspondent to provide analysis of events in Ukraine and the only time GB News has despatched a reporter to cover a foreign story was when Farage appeared on 'I'm a Celebrity'.
By davidjay
Someone who used to appear on assorted TV stations in the early days of cable/satellite once told me that it doesn't matter what time of day and on what channel broadcasting from what country you're on, someone you know will see it. And once you're a TV regular, you appear on TV. It's a much shorter leap from tglhe graveyard shift onTalk to prime time BBC than it is from not being at all.
By Youngian
Was he fired for shit ratings, not bigging up the Tories enough or his no longer justifiable fat fee?
Piers Morgan has announced he is leaving his TalkTV daily evening show, less than two years after its launch, to focus on his YouTube channel.

The Piers Morgan Uncensored channel has grown to 2.3 million subscribers since 2022.

He described the channel as having a “startup mentality” and said the change would allow for longer interviews with bigger guests supported by more clips. Some of the interviews will be shown on TalkTV. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2024/ ... 1707464648
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]