:pray: 50 % :laughing: 50 %
By RedSparrows
Got a chap in to do some work. He's very good, but he's listening to TalkTV radio, apparently that's a thing.

So far the chatterati (because that is entirely what they seem to be, with a platform of national radio) have declared, in short, sharp, utterly unargued and unthoughtful 'debates', Trump made the world safer (and Biden is senile), institutional racism isn't a thing, Britain is too pro-Palestine, and the boats are the problem.

I'm quite sure in the next 15 minutes one will say 'silent majority'. There isn't a breath of thought apparent, at all. It's utterly vacuous.
By Spoonman
TalkTV to close down television channel and go online only
Move announced by News UK venture comes weeks after Piers Morgan left his daily show on channel

The rightwing news channel TalkTV, launched in 2022 by Rupert Murdoch’s News UK, is to stop broadcasting on television after struggling to match its main rival GB News for ratings.

TalkTV will switch to online platforms only from this summer, an email to staff announced on Tuesday. Last month, its best-known presenter, Piers Morgan, said he would be leaving his daily evening show.

The channel got off to disappointing start with “zero viewers” during primetime broadcasts, meaning its audience was too small to register on the official rating agency, Barb.

In December 2023, it reached 2 million viewers, significantly behind its rival GB News, on 2.87 million, and little challenge to the dominance of Sky News, on 8.5 million, and the market leader, BBC News, at 11.4 million for the month.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2024/ ... nline-only
Tubby Isaacs liked this
By Andy McDandy
You don't run newspapers to make money, but to buy influence. If your readership goes, that influence declines, but you've still got your seat at the table.

All that aside, it seems thee's no real appetite in the UK for Fox-style opinion channels. BBC rolling news sticks to actual news, and gets a good portion of its views from public screens as it's inoffensive and serious enough to provide the right atmosphere for many an office block atrium.
Oboogie liked this
By Tubby Isaacs
Andy McDandy wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:42 pm You don't run newspapers to make money, but to buy influence. If your readership goes, that influence declines, but you've still got your seat at the table.
That would be true of the New York Post, for sure- Lachlan comes from NYC (not that its influence is only to NYC) - but do they care about any of that in the UK? I occasionally follow links to their website and it doesn't suggest to me they're that bothered.
By Youngian
If Murdoch knew how much GBeebies would get away with and what a joke Ofcom now is, he would have gone in full crazy instead of hiring experienced Times names to provide a veneer of professional journalistic rigour. Does he own Sky Australia? They make GBNews look like Lord Reith.

They have been trying to up the gammon commentary. This week they discussed the budget with economics giant Rod Liddle
By Rosvanian
Youngian wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 9:45 am Despite loads of replies politely explaining why the arch bishop’s terminology is correct, Mike Graham will still believe a 100% in his head that he is right.
The man thinks it's possible to grow concrete. No one's going to tell him when he can eat his Easter eggs.
Tubby Isaacs liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]