:pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By kreuzberger
Kuenssberg’s mistake has been to get too close to the politicians who have exercised power
That certainly isn't journalism and, even less so, is that worth a quarter of a million quid slice of the national broadcaster's pressured budget. Moreover, we have been treated to her multimedia displays of not even beginning to learn from these "mistakes".

In other news; she has been mercifully quiet today.
By safe_timber_man
Abernathy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 8:43 pmI still don’t think the criticism that Kenssberg is a paid Tory shill or card carrying Tory is accurate.

So what actually is she? Sure as hell not an impartial political commentator and I think that's not even up for debate at this point. So what's she doing? Just trying to whip up conspiracies and talking points for engagement? The "I'm just reporting what I read" doesn't wash when you're in the position she's in. It's too important.
By Abernathy
Well, she is no longer the BBC’s Political Editor, of course. She does, however, still present a prestigious Sunday morning political programme, and some of its election coverage.

I think you’re probably right about questions to be asked, though.
By Abernathy
safe_timber_man wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:21 pm Do we know if she's definitely got the General Election gig? I'm quite happy for her to have it. It'll be a fitting farewell.
Dunno for sure, but given that she anchored Thursday night and in the absence of a Dimbleby and Huw Edwards, it’s probably likely. Channel 4’s plans look more appetising, TBH.
By Bones McCoy
kreuzberger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:13 am Election Night viewing is going to be influenced by how you like your sport.

Some prefer to see the just rewards of human endeavour, while others revel in the humiliating defeat of those they revile at a molecular level.

I think I'll be channel hopping.
You'll find me in the denarii seats urging the emperor to dispatch the fallen.

You'll hear me cheering when Starmer calls "Are you not entertained?"
Watchman, Oboogie, Malcolm Armsteen and 3 others liked this
By Oboogie
kreuzberger wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:13 am Election Night viewing is going to be influenced by how you like your sport.

Some prefer to see the just rewards of human endeavour, while others revel in the humiliating defeat of those they revile at a molecular level.

I think I'll be channel hopping.
I always channel hop until I get bored.
I suspect I'm probably alone on here in not finding election night very satisfying TV. It's mostly time-filling divided into: people speculating shortly before we learn the actual results - which is pointless; and the losers making flimsy excuses for their failure.
I usually get tire of this quite quickly and find something else to keep me entertained whilst keeping an eye on the live updates on the BBC's Twitter feed.
By Abernathy
Up until now, I’ve usually spent election night at a count until the wee small hours. Knackering as fuck, especially after spending all day trying to get the vote out. I won’t be doing that this time, as I just no longer have the stamina required . But there is, for me, still something viscerally exciting about general election night, notwithstanding Oboogie’s evaluation of it as unsatisfying. I won’t be able to go to bed until we’ve had the Portillo moment.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
Abernathy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:30 pm Up until now, I’ve usually spent election night at a count until the wee small hours. Knackering as fuck, especially after spending all day trying to get the vote out. I won’t be doing that this time, as I just no longer have the stamina required . But there is, for me, still something viscerally exciting about general election night, notwithstanding Oboogie’s evaluation of it as unsatisfying. I won’t be able to go to bed until we’ve had the Portillo moment.
For clarification, I find election night itself exciting and am up way too late to function properly the next day. What I find pointless and dull is the spectacle of some journos and politicians waffling in a studio whilst they await the next result.
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:48 pm
Abernathy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 7:30 pm Up until now, I’ve usually spent election night at a count until the wee small hours. Knackering as fuck, especially after spending all day trying to get the vote out. I won’t be doing that this time, as I just no longer have the stamina required . But there is, for me, still something viscerally exciting about general election night, notwithstanding Oboogie’s evaluation of it as unsatisfying. I won’t be able to go to bed until we’ve had the Portillo moment.
For clarification, I find election night itself exciting and am up way too late to function properly the next day. What I find pointless and dull is the spectacle of some journos and politicians waffling in a studio whilst they await the next result.
I also find the process exciting.

My "I fucking hate it" comment referred to the impact the nerves, anxiety and sleep deprivation have on me in following days.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]