:pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By satnav
It is really funny watching papers like the Mail and The Sun trying to take the high moral ground over the Bashir story. Because these papers have never crossed a line when trying to obtain a story, they have never hacked phones, bribed public officials or used private detectives to blag information.
Oboogie, Nigredo liked this
By Boiler
DAN WOOTTON: The question William and Harry must be asking; does the BBC have their mother's blood on its hands?
(From https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/arti ... hands.html)

QTWTAIN?

Then this quote from her brother:

'The irony is I met Martin Bashir on the 31st of August 1995, because exactly two years later she died. And I do draw a line between the two events.'
(From https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rview.html)

Well, it's all a good distraction from Daniel Morgan, innit?
By Bones McCoy
satnav wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 6:55 pm It is really funny watching papers like the Mail and The Sun trying to take the high moral ground over the Bashir story. Because these papers have never crossed a line when trying to obtain a story, they have never hacked phones, bribed public officials or used private detectives to blag information.
Not to mention the Axemurdering.
By The All New KevS
As a headline, that's pretty much Mailite Nirvana really: The good one, no not the ginger waster married to that yank strumpet, has a pop at the BBC.

Apart from proposals to throw everyone foreign or left wing into the North Sea, coupled with launching Tridents at Paris and Berlin cheered on by a risen from the dead Thatcher, I'm not sure how they can beat that.
By Boiler
The Weeping Angel wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 2:12 am It does make what Martin Bashir did right. The truth is when you boil it down he did behave unethically and we shouldn't turn a blind eye to it.
I think you meant to say "doesn't", but no matter: what jars more to me is that he was the BBC's Religious Affairs correspondent.

Similarly, to say "the BBC killed her" is wank - was the BBC driving the Merc? I suppose it'll make a change from Prince Philip driving the white Fiat.

Also those wearing a seat belt in the car survived...
By Andy McDandy
I couldn't give two fucks what someone did to land an interview 26 years ago. I couldn't care less about any of the repercussions on the royal family either. What does concern me is how the entire national press and the government are piling onto the BBC over this, as if there's not anything else worth reporting on, or the agenda isn't patently clear.
Boiler, Oboogie liked this
By Boiler
The modern BBC, or rather certain parts of it, has a lot to answer for in terms of its output and how it is dragging the whole BBC down with it.

Yes, it has fucked up and one could argue it made a mistake re-hiring Bashir after his time away. But I am not sure it deserves the opprobrium being heaped upon it now. I've long viewed News and Current Affairs as in dire need of reform.
By Watchman
At the end of the day, no one stopped her doing the interview, she was the one who answered the questions and knew what she wanted to say. I don't think Bashir needed to do what he did, she was up for it. Also no mention of the Charles interview where he admitted having sex with Camilla the day before his wedding to Diana.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]