:pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By davidjay
On a more serious note, as we said last week these aren't the usual protestors - they're not crusties nor whichever initials the fash are going by this week. They're an odd alliance of conspiracy theorists, libertarians, I gave her everything and this is how she treats mes, and the sort of edgy lads who think everything has to be ironic.
By Youngian
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 pm Just watched my first episode of "Ghosts" BBC1 20:30.

I was amused that one of the ghosts (The one without trousers) was a Conservative MP who passed away under embarrassing circumstances.

The mistress of the beheaded Tudor aristocrat seemed to be partly modelled on former first lady, Melania Trump.
Sounds like a Rentaghost reboot. Cutting edge stuff.
By Bones McCoy
The All New KevS wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:11 pm After their "success", at Shepherds Bush, the heroic activists will be targeting retailers. Visiting Woolworths, C & A and BHS before heading to the studios of Thames Television.

They will be also taking the tube from Aldwych.
MORNINGTON CRESCENT!!!
RedSparrows, Nigredo liked this
By Bones McCoy
Youngian wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:12 pm
Bones McCoy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 11:31 pm Just watched my first episode of "Ghosts" BBC1 20:30.

I was amused that one of the ghosts (The one without trousers) was a Conservative MP who passed away under embarrassing circumstances.

The mistress of the beheaded Tudor aristocrat seemed to be partly modelled on former first lady, Melania Trump.
Sounds like a Rentaghost reboot. Cutting edge stuff.
There have been Rentaghost comparisons.
I quite enjoyed it in a harmless family viewing sort of way.
By Samanfur
News you won't see on the BBC:

BBC’s lack of Tory scrutiny is ‘failing’ viewers, research finds

The BBC has been accused of “failing to deliver” on its editorial guidelines after it emerged that its flagship News at Six did not run a single negative news story about the UK Government last week.

From September 13-17 no stories on the UK-wide news programme featured negative framing of the Westminster Government, research by The National found.

During the same period, Reporting Scotland ran 10 stories about the Scottish Government with a negative framing.

The disparity was identified as political stories on both the News at Six and Reporting Scotland were recorded each evening and categorised based on whether they featured a positive, negative or neutral framing of each government. Negative framing typically includes someone being “accused” of something or forced to “defend” an action.
By Andy McDandy
I once read a thing by Rebecca Front (The Thick of It etc) in which she said that as a self-confessed "news junkie", what really infuriated her was the "payoff pun".

Her example was to imagine a report on rising drinks prices in the run up to Christmas - cue piece from a pub where the reporter says that Christmas cheer will be - point to optics - "in increasingly small measures. Back to you, Chris.".

I have to agree with her. The news story payoff in general* is annoying enough, but the sacrifice of content or analysis for a fucking pun is infuriating.

*The news story payoff: the tendency, especially in newspapers, to always finish a story with a) a wry comment or quote**, b) an 'unexpected' victory of the little guy over authority, c) an ironic twist, or d) all of the above. It's meant to be entertaining, but just feels false.

**A classic being Liz Jones's notorious piece on the murder of Joanna Yeates in 2010, where she ended her cack-handed observations with her being stuck without money at a toll booth, only for a kindly truck driver to lend her some change and cheerily say that "we're not all bad".
By Nigredo
Currently running on the front page is this bollocks:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-58662455
He is chief executive of investment firm VSA Capital, which employs about 20 people in the City of London.
Anecdotal and shit sample size but stick another boot into working from home eh, continue upholding the presenteeism hegemony.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]