:pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By Bones McCoy
Oboogie wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:59 pm I agree about Andrew Neil. He's good at his job and, although his politics are abhorrent, I cannot think of one occasion when I've detected any sign of bias when conducting political interviews.
His brief but complete humiliation of Ben Shapiro remains one of the highlights of YouTube.

It's am absolute joy to see the "mastermind of the digital right" perform a Piers Morganesque flounce after about a minute's gentle questioning.
By Yug
Uh oh

The embattled BBC chair, Richard Sharp, is facing a fresh row after reportedly helping a close friend land a paid role advising the corporation on editorial standards and impartiality.

Sharp, 67, is under pressure to resign after it was revealed he had helped then-prime minister Boris Johnson secure a guarantee on a loan of up to £800,000 in 2020. Sharp was appointed as BBC chair weeks later in 2021. He is awaiting the result of an investigation by Adam Heppinstall KC, who was tasked by the government with re-examining Sharp’s appointment process...

https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... orporation
...According to the Sunday Times, Sharp advanced Caroline Daniel for an advisory position in a 2021 review of its leadership and editorial procedures. The review was triggered by the scandal surrounding Martin Bashir’s 1995 Panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales.

The public advertisement for the editorial adviser role – which was described as paying £15,000 a year for approximately 15 days’ work – stated that candidates “need to be demonstrably independent of the BBC at the point of appointment”, the Sunday Times said.

Sharp allegedly introduced Daniel to the BBC’s senior independent director, who was responsible for the appointment and ultimately hired her...
If this is even remotely true Sharp will have to go. Though I wouldn't be surprised if he tried to brazen it out and hang on to his job. He is a mate of Johnson's, after all.
By Bones McCoy
Andy McDandy wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:58 am And he's going. In place until the end of June, and "Well, technically ...." weaselling activated.
Raab's departing speech was Capone getting dragged form the courtroom in The Untouchables.

Sharp's statement was more Frank Pantangelli asking to use the bathroom in The Godfather.
By Abernathy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:07 pm Just seen Sharp's video statement.

What a fucking slimeball. I wouldn't trust him to empty my bins.

Am I the only person to look at these people and scream 'wrong 'un'?
Was it Maya Angelou who said : "When someone tells you who they are, believe them the first time." ?
By Bones McCoy
Malcolm Armsteen wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:07 pm Just seen Sharp's video statement.

What a fucking slimeball. I wouldn't trust him to empty my bins.

Am I the only person to look at these people and scream 'wrong 'un'?
I seem to have a pretty good sense for a bullshitter: Farage Peterson Cummings - called em right first time.

The odd one slips through,:Nick Clegg.
By Bones McCoy
The process is not fair and open.

Public appointments are now entirely decided by Ministers (since 2015) - source Bloke on Radio 5 discussing today's events.

There is an interviewing committee who have a chat with candidates, but no say over the appointment.
Pure banana republic stuff, pure Cameron.
Add this to the de-fanging of the Electoral Commission.

Call me Dave's utopia was a neo-Feudalism based on patronage of a club of "right sort of chaps".
Oboogie, davidjay liked this
By Abernathy
Confirming his decision to quit, Richard Sharp says: "I feel that this matter will be a distraction from the BBC's good work if I were to remain in post until the end of my term, I have therefore this morning resigned as the BBC Chair to the Secretary of State and the Board."

How come these cunts invariably say they are resigning because their shitty and corrupt behviour "would be a distraction"?
They're not resigning because they are corrupt, shitty cunts. Oh no. They're resigning simply to avoid becoming "a distraction".

Heaven forfend that anybody should be distracted by the chairman of the BBC being s corrupt, shitty cunt. FFS.
Spoonman liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]