:pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By Yug
A BBC headline versus story

Sheffield Clean Air Zone: Woman fined for visiting dying father-in-law
What? Fined for visiting a dying relative?

Er.. Actually...

A woman fined seven times for driving in Sheffield's Clean Air Zone to visit her dying father-in-law has said the penalties were "a kick in the teeth".

Adele Hirst and her husband, Andrew, were fined a total of £70 after driving their campervan multiple times to the city's Weston Park Hospital in March.

Campervans are subject to charges if they do not meet emissions standards.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-sou ... 597605.amp

Mrs Hirst is appealing against five of the fines. Sheffield City Council said it would consider her case on merit.

Mrs Hirst, who is from Leicester, claimed the Clean Air Zone (CAZ) signage in Sheffield and information for people not living in South Yorkshire lacked clarity.
Because, of course, South Yorkshire English is vastly different from that used in the rest of the country. :roll:
By Andy McDandy
Over 20 years ago, I dealt with an enraged woman who had chalked up some overdue charges on her library books. She had been visiting her father, gravely ill and 100 miles away. I expressed my sympathies and asked her if she was aware she could renew books over the phone and online. Yes, she said, but she didn't have time for that. I asked her if the charges were too much for her to pay, and this Mercedes driver in one of the wealthiest parts of Bournemouth said no, but there was a principle at stake. She then had a huff and stormed out.

Campervan couple chose to go to the media, and chose to make this a thing. Fuck 'em.
By Bones McCoy
Captain Tom's offspring in further trouble.

Captain Sir Tom Moore's daughter ordered to demolish home spa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-66100178
The daughter of Capt Sir Tom Moore has been told to knock down an unauthorised building used as a spa after a planning application was rejected.

Hannah Ingram-Moore and her husband used the Captain Tom Foundation name on the first plans for the building, with later revised plans turned down.

The charity is also no longer taking donations or making payments due to an ongoing inquiry into its finances.
By Youngian
Greed and stupidity are familiar bed fellows
The local authority granted permission for the single-storey structure to be built on the tennis courts at the Grade II-listed home, as first reported in The Sun.
Then, in February 2022, the family submitted revised plans for the already partly constructed building, which called it the "Captain Tom Building".
The plans included a spa pool, toilets and a kitchen, which the Design & Access and Heritage Statement said was "for private use".
By soulboy
The Mail going in studs up on another BBC presenter, this time one who I suspect will garner somewhat less sympathy.

WARNING - Contains images of Nolan in his undies.

Presenter Stephen Nolan is a 'law unto himself because he is so powerful' as one of the BBC's highest paid stars, insider claims - after it emerged the Radio 5 Live host 'sent naked images of Stephen Bear to colleagues'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... agues.html
By soulboy
I don't think it reflects badly on you at all.

Mr Bear is a reality TV star, m'lud. I am similarly in the dark.

Mr Nolan... I know he pollutes the late night airwaves on Radio 5 Live but I believe our Northern Ireland correspondents can provide more information. From elsewhere on this forum, I know is not well-regarded.
By Yug
If he hadn't been mentioned a whole several of times on this forum I would still be blissfully unaware of the existence of Stephen Nolan. As for Stephen Bear, the post above is the first mention I have ever seen or heard of that name. I suspect that the two people named won't be overly familiar to a lot of the Fail's readers, either.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]