:pray: 16.7 % :laughing: 83.3 %
By kreuzberger
You'll go a long way to find a fan of Nolan. Dunkirk should be far enough.

Once upon a time, a good twenty years ago, I had arrived back at the port in a Trani and had missed the last ferry home to Blightly.

Needing to sleep in the van and only being able to tune my old Nokia into 5-Lice, I listened to him interviewing Charles Kennedy, warts and all.

That hour of radio was beyond wonderful. Humanity on stilts.
By davidjay
kreuzberger wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 9:26 pm You'll go a long way to find a fan of Nolan. Dunkirk should be far enough.

Once upon a time, a good twenty years ago, I had arrived back at the port in a Trani and had missed the last ferry home to Blightly.

Needing to sleep in the van and only being able to tune my old Nokia into 5-Lice, I listened to him interviewing Charles Kennedy, warts and all.

That hour of radio was beyond wonderful. Humanity on stilts.
There's something so gloriously timeless about quality radio in the evening. It's as though you're the only one in the world listening and you're going back to the dawn of broadcasting.
By Youngian
He’ll be a lonely leader if he did that, no wonder Starmer doesn’t want a unity referendum. Like his predecessor, a period of silence on Northern Ireland would be preferable if he doesn’t want to act as an honest broker.
He has previously said he would campaign for Northern Ireland to remain part of the UK if such a referendum was held in his lifetime.
By MisterMuncher
Being extremely real about the border poll issue for a second. The Shinners don't actually want one any time in the next ten years. They're a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them, and just talking about it induces sufficient unionist apoplexy and mis-steps that they'll know what the electorate will answer before they ask

Starmer is also smart enough not to get the already paranoid unionist headbangers making common cause with GB ultra-Nats and getting that constituency of their arses.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
Last night's Question Time was one of those very uncomfortable moments when I found myself in complete agreement with Andrew Neil on the Gaza question. Uncomfortable not merely because I hate agreeing with the old cunt, but because I can't see a path to peace whilst either Hamas and Netanyahu remain in charge.
By Spoonman
Get ready for the inevitable frothing from the mouth from the usual suspects...

BBC funding: TV licence fee to rise by £10.50, government says

The current BBC licence fee of £159 will increase by £10.50 - a rise of 6.6% - the government has announced.

The figure has been determined using September's rate of inflation, rather than an average across the last year.

Due to the recent fall in inflation, that means the £169.50 figure is less than the BBC and Office for Budget Responsibility (OBR) had anticipated.

The decision to raise it by a smaller percentage will leave an expected funding gap of around £90m.

The government is also launching a review of the BBC's funding model, Culture Secretary Lucy Frazer told MPs.

The increased fee will come into effect in April, having been frozen at £159 for the past two years.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-67646601
By kreuzberger
Oboogie wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:03 pm Particularly after Nick Robinson's take down of Suella Bravermen this morning.
Aye, it was quite something. I had been up since shortly after five and went back to my chambers with something in the order of my sixth rocket juice. I drifted in and out of sleep as the 09:10 and then Blue Robbo got into his stride, as Cruella crumbled in the radio car.

Entertainment on steroids.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]