By Yug
safe_timber_man wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 1:04 pm
It's been years and it seems we've still got pretty much everyone here like nothing's changed. Dedication!
Nah. Just sad Muppets with no friends. :lol:

Wotcha mate. Welcome back.
By Oboogie
Iron Maiden's heyday was about 40 years ago, Blur's was over 25 years ago, their respective fanbases will be dominated by people around 60 and in their mid-40s. Even spring-chicken The Weeknd has been around for over 10 years so I'd imagine most of his fans are now in their mid-20s. I don't imagine many youngsters are attending.
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:17 pm Iron Maiden's heyday was about 40 years ago, Blur's was over 25 years ago, their respective fanbases will be dominated by people around 60 and in their mid-40s. Even spring-chicken The Weeknd has been around for over 10 years so I'd imagine most of his fans are now in their mid-20s. I don't imagine many youngsters are attending.
It's that old Mail adage we talked about in a previous existence - pop groups are exclusively for young people and anyone over fifty listens to Vera Lynn.
Oboogie liked this
By Oboogie
davidjay wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:55 pm
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:17 pm Iron Maiden's heyday was about 40 years ago, Blur's was over 25 years ago, their respective fanbases will be dominated by people around 60 and in their mid-40s. Even spring-chicken The Weeknd has been around for over 10 years so I'd imagine most of his fans are now in their mid-20s. I don't imagine many youngsters are attending.
It's that old Mail adage we talked about in a previous existence - pop groups are exclusively for young people and anyone over fifty listens to Vera Lynn.
Alternatively that, in MacKenzie's book, a "youngster" is anyone under 60. As a 59 year old, I'll take that.

And another thing, I'm puzzled by MacKenzie's inclusion of Hampton Garden Festival. I've never heard of it but is it really popular with "youngsters"? Also, as he's trying to demonstrate how wealthy we all are, is the fact that some people can afford £40 for a day out good evidence of that? It doesn't seem that exorbitant to me.
By davidjay
Oboogie wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 11:18 pm
davidjay wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:55 pm
Alternatively that, in MacKenzie's book, a "youngster" is anyone under 60. As a 59 year old, I'll take that.

And another thing, I'm puzzled by MacKenzie's inclusion of Hampton Garden Festival. I've never heard of it but is it really popular with "youngsters"? Also, as he's trying to demonstrate how wealthy we all are, is the fact that some people can afford £40 for a day out good evidence of that? It doesn't seem that exorbitant to me.
A quick Google shows that it's a garden show at Hampton Court with adult tickets £26. Rock'n'roll, eh?
Oboogie liked this
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]